1972 Canadian H-Code 340 Dart Swinger Special Resto - Finally started!

-
Would this emblem be the same as your car had on it originally?

Attachments

• 20150630_41.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 585
  • 20150630_40.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 538
Would this emblem be the same as your car had on it originally?

Good question Dartnut, my car and j061093409 (Joel's) 72 special are the only two cars found so far from Pembina Dodge out of Manitoba. I posted a thread some time ago trying to find a Pembina Dodge emblem and got a response or two suggesting that they may not have had emblems like that and only a sticker. Crosstown 340 may likely be in need of an emblem since his is a Crosstown car. Thanks for asking.

Danny

Unfortunately, NO ... my car hasn't arrived yet. Some drama with the transport guy and trailer problems and a Customs Broker that I'd like to run over with my dually truck ... :violent1:

And "YES", I do need a Crosstown emblem !

Funny, today I went to the Monster Mopar Weekend in Norwalk, Ohio. I picked up a mint trunklid for a car I don't even have yet..... LOL !!

Unfortunately, NO ... my car hasn't arrived yet. Some drama with the transport guy and trailer problems and a Customs Broker that I'd like to run over with my dually truck ... :violent1:

Funny, today I went to the Monster Mopar Weekend in Norwalk, Ohio. I picked up a mint trunklid for a car I don't even have yet..... LOL !!

Jeepers Creepers, you can't rest until all these jerks take a few years off your life, got to stay positive I guess!

Those emblems are getting to hard to find but are an awesome final touch on a completed project. You might have to whisper sweet nothings into Dartnut ear, now that's not likely to work in which crazy money is the last resort, LOL!

Cherry on the top on scatpacker's 72

DSC02392.jpg

Last edited:
Temporarily forgot to weld in this brace on the left quarter, I alway intended to weld it in after the quarter since the damn thing is a pain to test fit the quarter over and over and over. Just a pointer for those that are doing quarters and didn't realize that brace was there its easier to cut the quarter around it then you can get much better access with your drill to get those spot welds. It is necessary piece to keep the quarter from cracking in the corner.

IMG_2395_zpsibcngroh.jpg

IMG_2396_zpspts9zbpw.jpg

IMG_2397_zpstmt9qzgj.jpg

IMG_2399_zpsmne1o1kh.jpg

IMG_2403_zpsqc7wwh4p.jpg

IMG_2404_zps1biplwxt.jpg

IMG_2405_zpskhum6dar.jpg

The rear serial number stamped on the right trunk trough is correct and matches the one up front on the fender apron, little blurring on the last digits.

IMG_2413_zps2a1cjlq0.jpg

Lots of welds to drill on my back, almost felt like having a snooze about half way through them!

IMG_2416_zpsf2xepwpf.jpg

IMG_2419_zps0izzyyqt.jpg

IMG_2421_zps4zx5gwc2.jpg

It's amazing how deeply pitted with rust in these two areas of the rocker on both sides were for a car that was never driven in the winter as long as I've owned and sat in my garage since 1985 which account for all but the first 7 years of its life.

IMG_2420_zpsi1mjvudi.jpg

Cleaned up some of the spot weld surfaces.

IMG_2423_zpsrgcar6fy.jpg

IMG_2424_zpshabc0lzg.jpg

Cliff this special hole was for some very special Smokey Lake Speed Equipement, any guesses?

IMG_2422_zpswjh0bnwl.jpg

Last edited:
A Pembina car?
Wow!
The Crosstown emblem isn't mine, it belongs to a friend that has a plum crazy '70 Swinger that came from there.
And no, he won't sell it!
I took the picture for reference.......

A Pembina car?
Wow!
The Crosstown emblem isn't mine, it belongs to a friend that has a plum crazy '70 Swinger that came from there.
And no, he won't sell it!
I took the picture for reference.......

Thanks for clearing that up Dartnut, Crosstown some of us Canuckers will keep an eye out for an emblem, maybe we'll get lucky.

Actually, the nifty thing that a lot of people don't notice in the emblem is the little pentastars in the ''o's''.
Come to think of it, i think he has another one in a trunk lid he has laying around, i'll see if he'll sell it to me.
I just want one in case i ever run across one of these cars for sale that i can afford......
(Yeah i know, wishful thinking!)
BTW, i love the progress so far!
Tom.

I think I may have another crosstown emblem around here somewhere. I,ll have a look.

Actually, the nifty thing that a lot of people don't notice in the emblem is the little pentastars in the ''o's''.
Come to think of it, i think he has another one in a trunk lid he has laying around, i'll see if he'll sell it to me.
I just want one in case i ever run across one of these cars for sale that i can afford......
(Yeah i know, wishful thinking!)
BTW, i love the progress so far!
Tom.

I'm sure Crosstown 340 would be thrilled if Kevin or Tom were able to acquire an emblem for him, it really is the finishing touch and would be the last piece I would place on a great project.
You never know Tom you might find one thats been sitting around for 30 years like mine, there wasn't many of them but I didn't know any of that until I stubbled on FABO. If any more exist they're most likely in western Canada somewhere.

You're moving right along! You'll have your car in paint by the time I start back up on mine, by the progress your making! The quarter looks great!! I've been doing maintenance on our daily drivers over the past couple weekends and I need to start on the flooring in the house right away, so my car will be put on hold till at least November/December. Your build will keep my motivation up in the meantime.

dang, and here I was thinking my lower 1/4 rust repair on my wagon was going to be a major project. :???:

your an inspiration to car people ....thanks and keep up the nice work

Attachments

• CIMG5206.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 431
You're moving right along! You'll have your car in paint by the time I start back up on mine, by the progress your making! The quarter looks great!! I've been doing maintenance on our daily drivers over the past couple weekends and I need to start on the flooring in the house right away, so my car will be put on hold till at least November/December. Your build will keep my motivation up in the meantime.

I wouldn't put any money on that Randy, I've been working on my drivers as well, had to clean up all the rock chipping and prevent the rust that was starting on the lower part of my truck and at least get it into primer. Work to do on the Honda as well.
Hunting season is here as well and its time to take the dogs out and chase some grouse around the forest and that's weekend fun so I need to drag my butt out during the week and work on the car. Your massive following are going thru withdrawal pal, lol!

Last edited:
dang, and here I was thinking my lower 1/4 rust repair on my wagon was going to be a major project. :???:

your an inspiration to car people ....thanks and keep up the nice work

I don't think there's much you couldn't accomplish on any of these cars Rani, you've got the passion and checking out some of the great threads on FABO can save some time and avoid some mistakes.

I love your wagon project and what appears to be your vision for it, keep up the great work and I'll be checking in regularly on your progress.

The special hole........the filler for your air shocks?

Awesome work you are doing, it is inspiring. Someone should re cast some of those crosstown emblems, it can't be that hard.

The special hole........the filler for your air shocks?

Awesome work you are doing, it is inspiring. Someone should re cast some of those crosstown emblems, it can't be that hard.

Thanks d55dave, I'll have to give you the buzzer on the special hole though, a hint is that chunk of metal came of the rocker!

I wouldn't put any money on that Randy, I've been working on my drivers as well, had to clean up all the rock chipping and prevent the rust that was starting on the lower part of my truck and at least get it into primer. Work to do on the Honda as well.
Hunting season is here as well and its time to take the dogs out and chase some grouse around the forest and that's weekend fun so I need to drag my butt out during the week and work on the car. Your massive following are going thru withdrawal pal, lol!

Haha well you're definitely making great progress so we'll see! Yeah I hate rust! I soaked my truck in rust check penetrating oil/rust prevention and that stuff does wonders if you're willing to put up with oil weeping/grease buildup.. I soaked every crevice on my truck the day I bought it and it's still weeping oil to this day with no signs of rust anywhere after 4yrs.. I can put up with oil on the driveway over rust stains any day! I soaked it again this weekend. Did your truck ever have any recalls due to the front end? My truck never had the recall. It only seems to be the air ride 1500 that have the recalls.. It's always good to keep up with chips/failing paint.

That's awesome you put your dogs to work! My dog doesn't even like going outside, haha. There is a grouse out at my parents that's so lazy I have to drive around it going down the driveway! Yeah there's a few people going thru withdrawal, but I'm sure you'll get the same thing once you take a couple weeks off!

I think I have the answer........the hole is from the rear sidepipe mount.

Do I win the prize?

Bingo d55dave, and yes win an all expense paid virtual tour of Smokey Lake Speed Shop and Smokey Lake Speed Museum and a ring of Kubasa which you can get next door, LOL!

Sorry Cliff I know how much this prize meant to you but you snooze you lose!!!

Last edited:
Hey Danny. Smokey Lake Speed Equipment! Always loved that term, wonder if BC has Williams Lake Speed Equipment? Saskatchewan, ?. North Dakata ?.
I'm thinking d55dave probably has the right answer with the sidepipes. Hehe. And your well into the passengers side I see, good on you! Keep the drive alive bud. Cliff

Did your truck ever have any recalls due to the front end? My truck never had the recall. It only seems to be the air ride 1500 that have the recalls.

There has been 4 recalls I believe Randy, 2 had to do with front suspension, 1 was a simple computer flash and the latest was the airbag recall which they installed when I took it in. The suspension issues where either corrected at some point or were never an issue on my truck. You can check on line at Chryslers web site with your serial number to see for sure or stop at a dealer and they can run it for you.

-
Back