1972 Dodge Colt

-
Got some good news from the fiberglass company today, they sent some pictures of the hood. Maybe by Christmas! LOL
Colt Hood 1.jpg
Colt Hood 2.jpg

It showed up today and I am very happy. Well made, enough oversize that I can trim to fit. Just need to trim it and mount the Dzus buttons and get on with this deal! Funny thing, I bought it from a company is Canada, hood was built in PA! Going to have to track that guy down and see about some other glass parts, might want to change to a glass trunk lid. Here is it laying on the car.
IMG_0381.JPG
IMG_0383.JPG

Started fitting the hood today. Got the sides done, almost. Going to trim the back at the windshield tomorrow. I am going real slow, can't put it back after its gone.

IMG_0392.JPG
IMG_0393.JPG
IMG_0396.JPG

Yea, so I was going to make a second cut on the back, after my first rough cut. I was going to do 5/8, decided on 1/2 at the last second. Glad I took my own advice, it's almost there. I need to do just a little adjustment in 2 places and I will be ready for the Dzus buttons. Didn't want to use a jig saw so I used my little single action hack saw blade. Took around 30-45 minutes for each pass. But it's looking good, a little sanding and I will be real happy. I am going to have to add some metal to the cowl where the Hemi and tunnel ram sat, but that will be minor.
IMG_0397.JPG
IMG_0398.JPG

Hood fitting just about done, a few little tweeks and it will be right. Going to start the Dzus buttons now. Here is what it is looking like.
Also spoke to another previous owner this morning. Some cool info from the period I didn't know much about (80's). Looking forward to talking with his partner who has a lot more info. Pretty soon I will have talked to all the PO's, a few I have learned are no longer with us.

IMG_0408.JPG

I just looked it up, sure shooting there it is. Trust me, it's in my Garage. I will contact the dude who sold it to me to cancel his ads. Weird. And I didn't pay that for it, not even close, but it's not for sale.

I just looked it up, sure shooting there it is. Trust me, it's in my Garage. I will contact the dude who sold it to me to cancel his ads. Weird. And I didn't pay that for it, not even close, but it's not for sale.
Yeah, looks like it might even be an attempt at a scam ad-got a kick out of it-figured you hadn't seen it! Did you ever sell the little silver/blue car?

Sid says he had cancelled it, maybe Racingjunk just trying to get traffic.
I did sell the silver blue one to a couple of brothers and their dad in Ohio.
They are going to build a drag car for their dad, he always wanted one.
That made me happy, but the Colt guys were mad. Another one not stock.
But hey, it will be loved and raced and will live for years and years I hope.
Crazy thing as rust free as that car was, this one is so much better.
Yea it was raced but it has been in garages it's whole life, the glass and trim is like new.
And the sheet metal is perfect. It's a great car.
Here is the Blue one in the trailer on the way to Ohio!
IMG_0175.JPG

Nice work! Can feel your enthusiasm reading thru this!
What was the fiberglass company? Based in Ontario? I started to cringe as I know of one close to me that focuses on mopars with bad reviews. Glad yours worked out for you Stan.

Thank you 4spdragtop, I am stoked! Just got off the phone with another of the previous owners. So much cool information, I should write a book, if this car could talk. He even wants to come see it first time out, how is that for being a car nut. He says it hurts when he goes into the garage and doesn't see the car any more. He owned it for around 30 years. Told me that Don Carlton on a west coast trip looked at the car and confirmed at that time that it was a Hardy car.
Now I just have two living people who owned or were partners in the car left to talk to and I will have the whole story.
So the fiberglass, Showcars Bodyparts Unlimited. Where in Canada I can't tell you! Hood came from a company called Glory Days Fiberglass in McAlisterville PA. They were also called Lowlife Kustomz. It's a high quality hood, no complaints.

Story keeps getting better and better!
I would have reservations about any product that "Showcars" made themselves. They are approx an hour from me. Google has some enlightening photos. Pm me if you like.
Thank you 4spdragtop, I am stoked! Just got off the phone with another of the previous owners. So much cool information, I should write a book, if this car could talk. He even wants to come see it first time out, how is that for being a car nut. He says it hurts when he goes into the garage and doesn't see the car any more. He owned it for around 30 years. Told me that Don Carlton on a west coast trip looked at the car and confirmed at that time that it was a Hardy car.
Now I just have two living people who owned or were partners in the car left to talk to and I will have the whole story.
So the fiberglass, Showcars Bodyparts Unlimited. Where in Canada I can't tell you! Hood came from a company called Glory Days Fiberglass in McAlisterville PA. They were also called Lowlife Kustomz. It's a high quality hood, no complaints.

Yea I was getting worried, but it all worked out in the end.
Taking the bumper to the shop today to get the center repaired and reinforced.
Here is the bullet on the stand, it's been waiting for a few years.
Big valve head is sitting also.

Thanks to all who are watching and reading about the car. Hope I can keep going and make some real progress soon.
IMG_0410.JPG

Bumper fixed. The shop that painted my Lancer fixed it. Reinforced about a foot in the middle. I think I am going to paint what was white, a silver chrome look. It's not worth matching 30+ year old white paint.
IMG_0041.JPG
IMG_0457.JPG
IMG_0458.JPG

So I felt a little like Ian Roussel, Full Custom Garage this weekend. Working on the bellhousing adapter and cut a slant 3 speed bellhousing off at the flange. Going to use it as a drill template. Just cut it!
IMG_0513.JPG
IMG_0512.JPG
IMG_0514.JPG

-
Back