1973 Duster with make over

-
I painted the rest of the body parts this last weekend.

b.jpg

Looks like you are making progress.

Just so I am clear, when you changed directions and went back to the stock firewall I am guessing that means you also dumped the idea of using the Ram Heat/AC box. Correct?

I've been saving one of those boxes to do something similar, but with the hope that I can re-route the AC and heater hose connections out the stock holes so I don't have to cut my firewall. My biggest concern is how close the box gets to the throttle pedal. There are at least 2 other builds here that have use the Ram box, but so far no pictures of how it all interfaces at that location.

Sweet car, keep it up!

Just so I am clear, when you changed directions and went back to the stock firewall I am guessing that means you also dumped the idea of using the Ram Heat/AC box. Correct?

I've been saving one of those boxes to do something similar, but with the hope that I can re-route the AC and heater hose connections out the stock holes so I don't have to cut my firewall. My biggest concern is how close the box gets to the throttle pedal. There are at least 2 other builds here that have use the Ram box, but so far no pictures of how it all interfaces at that location.

Sweet car, keep it up!
Yes sir, I dumped the ram airbox. I don't recommend using one on a stock firewall if your after aesthetics. I have a factory a/c box and wiring, but I couldn't find a replacement a/c firewall. I ended up installing a non a/c firewall. I plan to purchase the Classic Auto Air kit. I will create an adapter that goes from the factory ram a/c compressor to the new lines.

I started mocking up the exhaust today, but I needed to stop until i acquire some hangers. I decided to ditch the 3 bolt header flanges and use V-bands. I am putting the mufflers at the rear, most likely using borla xs mufflers. I also installed a cheapie ebay radiator. I finished up the rear brakes lines last night.

8F566D38-8FC4-44B2-9429-1A0D2E476902.jpeg

93F6F0DD-5C33-40CC-A84C-7EA6ED73E2A9.jpeg

80370962-8FD5-495E-9699-EA6917B077CB.jpeg

Well i got the car started up today. It runs great. I have to bleed the brakes, adjust the rear suspension, and loom the harness wires. then it gets a low speed test drive in parking lot. I was able to modify the stock /6 auto shift linkage to fit the 46rh. I also included photos of the od and lockup sensor being fed fluid by a braided line.

IMG_4353.jpeg

IMG_4355.jpeg

IMG_4354.jpeg

I brought the duster out to my parking lot and did a nice little burnout. It didn't instantly break, so that is a good sign. Now it’s time to wet sand and add more clear for a deap shine.

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back