2008 challenger????

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heeeey Craig, whaaaats up?

I'd by a new Challenger, but even at sticker, I have better things to put my money into. At sticker, it's a bit more over the top price wise by compare than when they were new I think.

They should be less expensive than a 300.

Look I want this car, have 1 /2 the cars $$ in cash, but I wont pay 2-10k or more over sticker either. But all new cars and all limited models have this happen.

There are just so many people out in the world with big $$$'s and they can and dont care how much stuff cost.

Example I saw an OEM radio antenna for my 64 Dart on e-bay, was about then 75 bucks. It is only a $15 part back in the day. Well I can see even in todays crazy world $100, but the darn thing sold for $300 for a stupid antenna.. man... :blob:

So it is not Dodge's fault, the dealers are the people here, they are like the ticker scalpers buying concert and football tickets that are already very high then marking them up even more.

agree it way sucks... and I am not mad at Dodge, just some dealers.

Anyway, car will come down in price next year you will see them as low as $25k for a v-6 and up to low 40k's with an even better package than is out on this limited car.

PS I read from a very good source that they make as many as 19k units now off this 1st run, so a few dealers have called me back and now want to talk turkey, but they all really rubbed me wrong, so I am going to wait as are most other folks for a 2009 and get what I want at a better $$.

take care turn this thread a little more positive.. it is the season.

take care all!
:toothy4:

DJW, I'm not even reading the whole post. All I gotta say to you is;

Enjoy that baby, drive safe and take lots of pictures of it. (Please include lots of babes! and post'em up please.)
You want it? Go get it! Have loads of fun. Screw the rest.

I have had my 64 Dart since 74, am the 2nd owner, car was a family members, bought it for $200 when I was 14. I was too young and could never afford a new 70 cuda or challenger anyway back then nor could my parents.

I see clones with hemi's cost 100K now. I think this car with a 6 speed and good rumors say it may get a 6.4 hemi in 09.... will be a nice fun car.

Older now make a few $$$'s so I can get one in this life time. For me it is a 2nd chance, thought I would never see the day! For me it wont be a daily driver cause I live in 4x4 country 8 months of the year. But it will be a great road car lots of comfort features and good power.

Dart is not a show car, but gets limited street use and will see some track use. I will always loves these early A bodies. You can not for me compare the 2. I think some of the best looking cars ever are 67-68 Cuda's. I tried to by a clone with a 426 in it a while back, but the guy never called me back. It was less the a new car and I know he had a ton in it, was hard up and sold it for less than $30k.

anyway I just gotta wait and see what 09 models bring, in the mean time it is back to work on the Dart. I am looking for 10.90's or faster on this car and still streetable..

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back