335/30/18's....what do you think??

-

rjsjea

Reaction score
Michelin Pilot Sport's......I just have the rears for now. Car is a Demon w/ mini-tubs (to the frame rail). Plenty of room to spare, I may go with 345/30/19's though for a taller tire. Gonna go with 255/35/18's or a 40 series on front. Thoughts??? opinions??? Im goin with the pro-touring look

100_1136.JPG

100_1137.JPG

100_1135.JPG

Well, you asked for opinions so ya' gotta take the negative with the positive. Ultimately, the decision is yours on what ya' run. Personally, I don't care for the big wheel/rubber band tire look on 60s-70s musclecars. Just doesn't look right to me. But again, it's your money and your decision. You're not running for office so you have to please yourself and not worry what others think. Personalize YOUR ride the way YOU want it to look.

I am looking for opinions....I dont get offended that easily. If I did my friends would have me building a camaro or nova. I wanted to be different and go with an A-body.

Hey black betty, you got that 3-link mocked up at all yet?? also I'm curious what kind of obstacles you're gonna run into the front susp. I was gonna go the same route you are, but then realized the AlterK would be way easier and after it's all done cost is close to same (bunch of fabbin).

I see no point in running 19s. As the weight of the wheel tire combo goes up performance goes down. Your car may corner better and be faster with 17s. Just something to think about.

I see no point in running 19s. As the weight of the wheel tire combo goes up performance goes down. Your car may corner better and be faster with 17s. Just something to think about.

Some front calipers need 18" rims for clearance. And you can get more front backspacing with those to run wider front tires to match. You don't run into so much interfernce with the outer tie rod end.

Good info here: http://www.moparfins.com/CLAIRDAVIS/69valiant.htm

Please put some tires with the width to match your rear tires in performance. 275/40/17 with 5 to 5.5 backspacing will fit.

When I see these pro turing big muscle cars with all this high dollar tires and rims and ONLY 225 wide tires, it's a joke to me.

The only reason for considering 19's is to fill up the wheel well more. the tire measures about 1.5in taller. The car is for the street and shows, some road course runs, and maybe two strip runs (just to see).

I have had the pleasure of riding in a z06,,,,,325/30/19 and 275/35/18's....the performance was more than enough for my intentions

AUTOXCUDA......I am considering a 275/35/18 for your exact reason.......with the AlterKtion my backspacing will be closer to 5.75 or 6.

love the look myself, i will probably do the easy 285/30x20 and 245/35x20 combo on my dart eventually, I remember seeing the dart they did on wrecks to riches, i thought the car looked to raked, rear was too big in my opinion compared to front, in fact most of the cars they did had the same look, looked good though.
So what wheels you looking at running?

I do not mind the big rim and extra big meat look. For me it is a matter of striking a good balance between the rim size and the amount of rubber from rim to floor.

i am gonna run 17 by 8s for the street right now,but would like to see how yours fit,i might be going bigger later.

108.jpg

109.jpg

107.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

110.jpg

I like the look, with the right wheels it should look great.

TopHat

-
Back