-
I decided to go the cheap route....

360 .030 over
KB107 pistons
J heads mild port work
cast iron 4 bbl
factory manifolds
cam??? (still undecided)

There nice. And no, they do not hang down under the steering front end parts and get smashed easy.

dont use flowtechs. ive already smashed mine on my duster.

personally, id sell the 340 to fund the stroker for the 360. but thats just me. i too am planning on stroking my 360 to a 408 but i need moolah from the cash cow.

you could probably get decent money from selling the 340.

ok no tall gears with a stroker now to day pople are tuning hp over torque for a street fitter you need to ask your self on the freeway or street light to street light. if you plan to go freeway 3.55 and stroke a way . but on the street you need to get out of the hole and never look back, hi stall low gears and rpm. oh and some meats. i run a BB so heavy but cheep. i spin up to 7500 and snap of my neck on the shift running in the hi 7.s . if you want to kill on the street iit's rpm .out ...

ok no tall gears with a stroker now to day pople are tuning hp over torque for a street fitter you need to ask your self on the freeway or street light to street light. if you plan to go freeway 3.55 and stroke a way . but on the street you need to get out of the hole and never look back, hi stall low gears and rpm. oh and some meats. i run a BB so heavy but cheep. i spin up to 7500 and snap of my neck on the shift running in the hi 7.s . if you want to kill on the street iit's rpm .out ...

Welcome to the site! I respectfully have to disagree with most of your first ever post. "pople are tuning hp over torque for a street fitter" Most people I know that are building true street cars are building for torque down low in the most used rpm range.

"but on the street you need to get out of the hole and never look back, hi stall low gears and rpm." Again, a stroker with a big fat torque curve down low will pin you to the seat just off idle. It also allows you to run a tighter converter because your cam isn't making all it's power in the upper rpm range. Winding up a 340 to 7 grand is a blast, but it will draw the cops like flies to manure.

"if you want to kill on the street iit's rpm" I believe just the opposite. Keep the rpms down, make lots of low end torque, and have plenty of tire to put it to the pavement.

Welcome to the site! I respectfully have to disagree with most of your first ever post. "pople are tuning hp over torque for a street fitter" Most people I know that are building true street cars are building for torque down low in the most used rpm range.

"but on the street you need to get out of the hole and never look back, hi stall low gears and rpm." Again, a stroker with a big fat torque curve down low will pin you to the seat just off idle. It also allows you to run a tighter converter because your cam isn't making all it's power in the upper rpm range. Winding up a 340 to 7 grand is a blast, but it will draw the cops like flies to manure.

"if you want to kill on the street iit's rpm" I believe just the opposite. Keep the rpms down, make lots of low end torque, and have plenty of tire to put it to the pavement.

it could probably go both ways. you do need alot of rpms, but also low rpm torque. just depends on how you build it and how you like it. some guys like to wind it to 10 grand. most, dont

That sounds like a good start for a budget build. Keep us posted.

I decided the "budget build" was the best way to go this time. When I did my Dart I went back with the 318 2 bbl. The car is basically all stock and appears about like it would have when it was a year or two old. On the Duster, I am going more like a day 2 rebuild. /6 to 360 swap, bench seat to buckets and console and I will change the paint scheme to look similar to a Duster Twister. That means the next car needs to be a "hot rod"!!

Stroke the 340 can't wait to get mine back together this off season,,after running the 360 this season,not that the 360 was a slouch but it just doesn't have the power or torque of a 416 and man i missed it..

With a XE268H or similar grind it will make about 315-320hp with manifolds and 350hp with headers.

-
Back