383/438 Build

-
I`m curious to see if the header bends coming out of the heads will work w/ those fairly long pieces already on the flanges. It definitely wouldn`t work in mine. But duster car bodies have always looked to have bigger engine bays than my 68 fastback. Yeah I KNOW THEIR SUPPOSED TO BE ALL THE SAME , BUT ANYWAY---------------

The stubs will most likely be cut down. The company (Stainlessheaders.com) was nice enough to fit the round tubes into the rectangular port of the header flange to ease the construction of the header. They are not welded to the flange yet.

The stubs will most likely be cut down. The company (Stainlessheaders.com) was nice enough to fit the round tubes into the rectangular port of the header flange to ease the construction of the header. They are not welded to the flange yet.
Huh! No ****. That’s cool.

It is here!!! Let the fun begin!
Passon O/D, Aluminum, Faceplated A833

20180518_163244.jpg

Woooooooooooooooo!:D

How long was the wait?

My buddy is sending his stuff out to be faceplated as well. Looks like a cool process.

Quick question, I need to order the stuff to convert to manual brakes. Which master cylinder do I get? There are different diameters available. I have discs front and rear
Master Cylinders

I got my master and correct proportioning valve from Cass at Dr diff. Call him up and order the right diameter bore size etc.

I got my master and correct proportioning valve from Cass at Dr diff. Call him up and order the right diameter bore size etc.

Good idea. I ordered my 3rd member from him. Didn't realize he does brake parts too.

Make sure you know the diameter for your front and rear brakes
1987 dodge diplomat alum master cyl, have one on mine, pedal feel is about twice what power disc brakes are. Use the stock drum brake splitter fitting.

Didn't want to miss my window of opportunity to get the headers built. So slapped th trans on real quickly today and dropped the engine in. Heading to Rowdy Flanagan's Muffler Shop in Marble Falls in the morning. I am blown away at how light the car feel now when we pushed it on the trailer. Car definitely shed weight over all iron small block and automatic. Also, the all aluminum A833 feels very close in weight to a T5 from a mustang, i.e. VERY light. Once the car comes back, will wire and plumb it up and start driving it! I will swap valve covers also. I scored some NOS Aluminum Direct Connection covers. Excited to use them

20180614_133515.jpg

20180614_140830.jpg

20180614_133533.jpg

-
Back