408 Stroker Short Block Details: Blueprint Engines

-
Really cool van project. Glad the engine turned out good!

In the friendliest way possible, Our quality control at blueprint is 2nd to none. We go through inspections and quality checks at every step of the game. Including dyno testing, and a 30 month, 50k mile warranty.

Have you ever seen a sediment wash station that measures the sediment coming off of NEW parts before they go to assembly? Just to make sure there are no contaminants or debris that would jeopardize the build? I hadn't until I took this position with blueprint. Pretty amazing stuff to see things checked down to the fraction of a micron, in the name of quality!

I had great success with the 383 stroker I got from you.....if you sold a 318LA stroker I'd buy it for sure.....

Jeff

I had great success with the 383 stroker I got from you.....if you sold a 318LA stroker I'd buy it for sure.....

Jeff
Glad to hear!!! it probably cost us the same amount to build a solid 318 as it does our 408. But, we're discussing new things every day though. Is cost and HP the reason for not wanting the 408?

Glad to hear!!! it probably cost us the same amount to build a solid 318 as it does our 408. But, we're discussing new things every day though. Is cost and HP the reason for not wanting the 408?

I just have a love for the 318 LA....they stroke to 390 CID+
My car is a 318 LA and I just love the 318....

Jeff

I just have a love for the 318 LA....they stroke to 390 CID+
My car is a 318 LA and I just love the 318....

Jeff
I might still have a build of materials in the marine line for a 318 LA...i'll have to dig.lol

Any idea how much HP a cast crank 408 can take?

Any thoughts of building a forged crank version of this 408 shortblock?

Any idea how much HP a cast crank 408 can take?

Any thoughts of building a forged crank version of this 408 shortblock?
Yes, many thoughts! lol The LA 360 cores are getting scarce, so we're making changes in the months to come. we've got alot on the table for engineering, but i'll make sure you guys are the first to know when we launch some higher hp, more forged content SB's. as for a cast crank, We safely run ours though about 450 HP. but that's an aftermarket, new crank. I can't speak for OE, or other MFG's. Everything we do needs to retain durability, and street manners. Hence the awesome warranty. We don't over-stress anything for that reason.

Did I read post I think it was number 6 or number 7 correctly by the original poster that it was under $2,500 to have a short block stroker mailed to your front door or to the local pick up within a week? I remember paying $1,500 or so to Jegs for the stroker kit. Five hundred bucks or so for the block prep and so now I'm to believe that for another $500 I would have had it completely assembled balanced and sent close to my front door within a week for $2,500? In my opinion that's a screaming deal! I'm sure I waited like 4 months and didn't get as good of value. And certainly no warranty for a race motor. Or at least that's what I used it for. Not that I would expect one.

Did I read post I think it was number 6 or number 7 correctly by the original poster that it was under $2,500 to have a short block stroker mailed to your front door or to the local pick up within a week? I remember paying $1,500 or so to Jegs for the stroker kit. Five hundred bucks or so for the block prep and so now I'm to believe that for another $500 I would have had it completely assembled balanced and sent close to my front door within a week for $2,500? In my opinion that's a screaming deal! I'm sure I waited like 4 months and didn't get as good of value. And certainly no warranty for a race motor. Or at least that's what I used it for. Not that I would expect one.

BluePrint Engines 408CI Stroker Crate Engine | Small Block Chrysler Style | Shortblock

Screenshot from 2017-12-20 11-24-17.png

Jeff

$2429 from Summit, sent directly from Blueprint a week later, ship to house on a lift gate trailer is standard, I had UPS Freight hold it at their terminal nearby as it was easier vs. waiting on the driver to arrive.

For these prices, I'm REALLY considering it....I really want a stroker 318....but DANG those are great prices and I've used their engines before.....

Jeff

For these prices, I'm REALLY considering it....I really want a stroker 318....but DANG those are great prices and I've used their engines before.....

Jeff
let me know when you're ready :) no replacement for displacement!

Yes, many thoughts! lol The LA 360 cores are getting scarce, so we're making changes in the months to come. we've got alot on the table for engineering, but i'll make sure you guys are the first to know when we launch some higher hp, more forged content SB's. as for a cast crank, We safely run ours though about 450 HP. but that's an aftermarket, new crank. I can't speak for OE, or other MFG's. Everything we do needs to retain durability, and street manners. Hence the awesome warranty. We don't over-stress anything for that reason.

If you guys would create a stout block similar to the 400+ ci sb chevy block you created for around the same price you wouldnt be able to keep them in stock. There are no real options anymore for aftermarket blocks for the la mopar

Last edited:
Not only am I a fan of the van but I'm a fan of 12 many. You kind of do your thing don't let all the yak yak take your direction off of what your gut and brain know is right.

$2429 from Summit, sent directly from Blueprint a week later, ship to house on a lift gate trailer is standard, I had UPS Freight hold it at their terminal nearby as it was easier vs. waiting on the driver to arrive.

If you guys would create a stout block similar to the 400+ ci sb chevy block you created for around the same price you wouldnt be able to keep them in stock. There are no real options anymore for aftermarket blocks for the la mopar
one thing I have learned at BluePrint is that nothing is off the table if there is proven sales volume. If I can grow our mopar business, never say never.

one thing I have learned at BluePrint is that nothing is off the table if there is proven sales volume. If I can grow our mopar business, never say never.
You guys should get 'er done then! A blueprint R block....

If I ever finally get everything done and the carb dialed in I can maybe get some quality video of this thing in action. Nothing done last two weeks for domestic stuff, holidays etc but seats and belts are in, couple small valve cover leaks sorted and just need to change oil and I can go for a long drive.:steering:

love the build, ive been a member here for quite a while, but havent been on for a couple years, got some interest in building a stroker lately for the old truck because of some extra income this year, logged on and read this post.
Anyway, I plan on using my current 360 top end , then build/purchase a stroker shortblock. Im using a ld340 intake, and a 750 street demon as well and a set of rhs/indy heads from hughes which also came with the 1110 valve springs. (these for adequate for your camshaft?). - cant wait to see how it performs, I should end up with a very similar combination

the 1110 valve spring adequate for your camshaft?
With the Isky 280 Mega cam w/1.6 rocker ratio my lift is .517, those springs are supposedly good for up to .540 lift if I remember correctly.

410 stroker in a short 90" wheelbase van? :steering: Driving it on the streets is akin to driving on a dirt road! What have I gotten myself into??!!!:rofl:

-
Back