408 vs 600 stroker

-
If anyone is paying attention to this still, I am taking the block to get checked out wednesday

LOL....

I guess when he realized it was going take $40K to $50K to build .His employment @ Mc d's was not going to cut it.
Guess it would take your job at burger king to swing it

408 stroker will fit easiest, lots of off the shelf exhaust parts, oil pans etc.. Schumacher does make mount and exhaust kits for a big block,,,408 will cool easier with stock sized radiator. Remember you will also have to consider brakes as well...no sense building a fast car only to run into something because it won't stop on the big end

You do not need nor do they make all aluminum internals. The crank will be steel and the aluminum rods would not be a great choice. The 440 block will break long befor the use of a good power adder can be fully used. Thw small block may be a better option. Anything over 800 on a stock rb block will require an aftermarket block and that is when the slippery money slope starts and your bench racing should leave here and become you giving a LARGE sum of money to a good builder.
this is not hate. If I had 20k+to invest I would not base my build off a forum thread no matter how knollageble some of the people here may be. (no knock against anyone here.

WoW!! and I thought I was misguided!!

I hired a guy to swap in disk breaks, and build up a 360, I paid him then I never seen him again.... Henry trejo is name from yuba city, ca feel free to google him if you do business with him, now I am scheduled to deploy so I am going to cut my losses for now and when I get back I am going to self teach my self on a 5.7 hemi conversion

-
Back