416 stroker kit who has the best?

-

beepahh

Dart runner
Reaction score
who makes the best 416 stroker kit that is internally balanced.....?.....ready now to start buying one....this is going to be a garage built motor iron x headed hooked up to a sb 727 with 8-3/4" rear running 3:55's and 14" shoes..Ld340 with thermoquad ,....any cam sugestions ? and rockers what is pro /con to stamped.....hope to here your expert answers FABO is great for advice so let's here it motor heads.......oh and its going into a 1970 dart swinger.....

you can try hughes engines, or brain from IMM racing engines. he's on this site...i got my 408 short block from hughes...

The least you could have done was tell me you were not interested in the GO-WING and to let somebodyelse take it! steve

Try rpmmachine.com I got my scat 408 kit threw them. Nice stuff and the best price I could find.

Our kit is 1600.00 and has Scat I beam rods, Crank, KB forged pistons, moly rings, race bearings and is internally balanced.
Bobweight is only 1780's!!
Brian

The least you could have done was tell me you were not interested in the GO-WING and to let somebodyelse take it! steve
Steve
i got caught up in a major snow storm the last few days my appoligies for ruffling your feathers.....sorry ok.....just got back on line.....still waiting for the pics i asked for not a web site get over it and move forward fair enough.

Our kit is 1600.00 and has Scat I beam rods, Crank, KB forged pistons, moly rings, race bearings and is internally balanced.
Brian

ou812...is this system sold balanced...and if so what are the numbers would like to know...what machine do you use to balance...can yoe email me the specs on a 416 kit? [email protected] thanks

ou812...is this system sold balanced...and if so what are the numbers would like to know...what machine do you use to balance...can yoe email me the specs on a 416 kit? [email protected] thanks

Yes we balance it. We use a Stewart-Warner balancer. Spec's on what? Everything is std. size, rods are std. length, pistons use 1/16-3/16 combo and either flattop or 20.5cc dish.

Brian

Hey Joe. That seems to be the same rotating assembly that I am using in my 340/416. You are always welcome to take a ride up here if you want to check it out and take a little cruise. D

Yes we balance it. We use a Stewart-Warner balancer. Spec's on what? Everything is std. size, rods are std. length, pistons use 1/16-3/16 combo and either flattop or 20.5cc dish.

i ended up going with the k-1 crank and rods , i got my camshaft from brian ou812 and would do business with him again smart guy and great customer service.

67dartpics010-1.jpg

Try rpmmachine.com I got my scat 408 kit threw them. Nice stuff and the best price I could find.

From another thread -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStrok3
Try www.rpmmachine.com I bought my 408 kit there. When I searched they had the best prices anywhere.

Yea, a friend just bought his from there. Ordered a forged crank (SCAT) and wasn't told they were on backorder until HE called THEM a week later to confirm shipping. One would think he would have told him that when he placed his order, huh?

The good news is that they subbed a Eagle forged crank for the same dough and it all arrived in a few days after that. Price with KB forged slugs, moly file-fit rings and Clevite bearings was a few hundred cheaper than everywhere else we called.

Didn't trust a "mail order" place with the $185 balancing option though...having a local shop do it and double check my crank mic-ing.

FWIW, Indy Heads had a sale on the MP (SCAT) cast 4.00 crank for the 360 at the end of last year. $199.95. I got one at Christmas...maybe they still have some left????

-
Back