496 procharged dyno

-

twayne24365

Reaction score
Well my uncle took his car to the dyno today, wanna guess what it made?
440-496"
8.5:1 custom diamond pistons
Stage 6 heads flow 317 at .600
Custom grind solid i belive .580 lift not sure duration
M1
C&S custom blowthru rated for 1500hp
F1 procharger makes 15lb

More than the builder estimated before the build but less than he fantasized while it was being built for him ?

687hp and 610fpt at the tire
The guy that tuned it said that on a car like his will loose 25% which puts it at 900hp at the motor if im correct

Attachments

• image.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 673
Engine ****....... I like it what rpm is he spinning the motor to we have a similar setup except it is a 540 and the f1r is way way to small for the motor

What fuel? No intercooler correct? With a water injection kit it will make plenty more. Get them intake air temps under control and you can run more aggressive timing = More Boost = More Power.

It has a water/meth injection setup but he did not use it, i think its leaking or something is wrong with it that he has to fix, no intercooler, and it was ran on vp116, apparently it is specially made for blower/nitrous motors. And the guy at the duyno joint said they have such loss due to one being automatic, the type of converter, and the 33x14 slicks, just what he said.

It likes to spin from a 50 roll on the street lol, best so far of 9.52 at 139 before it was tuned properly

Interesting. My 496" Wedge/Procharger build is very similar. My heads don't flow quite that well, I've got a little more compression, and maybe a bit more camshaft. But I'm also only running a D1SC with a 7.6" lower/4.25" upper. A pretty tame configuration compared to this one, but comparable.

Thanks for the post!

No problem, hes always messin with it so ill keep posted how it does, he will be at the yellowbullet as well

Haha, hey thanks, ill see if i have a pic of his old setup, tunnel ram with 2 bg 650s with a home made blower hat

Well he went out a while back, with the new setup it went 9.36@140, and with chewed up blower belt, then went to capitol and had the 60' and 330 but the motor wouldnt pull over 6k, something electrical to sort out, still went 9.60 though

That is a nice set up I would think with that much cubic inch and that much boost would make more power at the wheel. Hope he gets it figured out. I hated buying belts that's why I got a turbo.

I forget what company he said makes it but its a pully for the blower that allows it to freewheel, apparently helps, also simce it freewheels after tou let off of it it doesnt keep building boost

ATI has a Super Pulley that incorporates a sprag.
This lets the blower freewheel, saving the belt.

Nice build!

-
Back