499 stroker help

-

gilstrj

BBDart74
Reaction score
Got new Eagle crank 4150 stroke for low deck to do 499 build, set crank in block and front and rear counter weights hit block, has anyone else encountered this ?

Yup. The same thing happened to me. I called Eagle and they told me that has never happened before. We build a test engine for every kit that we sell, blah blah blah.
I wound up chucking it up in the lathe at work and turning down the counter weights to get it to clear.

Ted

Yup. The same thing happened to me. I called Eagle and they told me that has never happened before. We build a test engine for every kit that we sell, blah blah blah.
I wound up chucking it up in the lathe at work and turning down the counter weights to get it to clear.

Ted

will need a good balancing for sure!

The machine shop I use don't use Eagle.I guess that's why.They say a scat is better

The only B wedge crank I know fits every block is the Source one because it's .200" or so shorter in the counterweights. I'm not sure how bad yours hits or if the assembly has been balanced already, but it might be easier to clearance the block if it's not bad.

I had to take about .080" off of the diameter. It has plenty of clearance now.
It's unbalanced so I'm OK.

Ted

It hits the block and will not rotate at al'l I guess i will have to turn it down. Thanks for the help

Used a stock RB crank in a B block and had to take a light cut to get the counter weights to clear. A friend did the same build and did not need to clearance the crank. Depends on what your karma is on that day............

Bob

-
Back