66 Dart GT HT Whatsitgonnabe?

-
DAMN! I thought the middle-man was going to repackage it for ya.. the big thing to me is the shifter - did it survive the trip?

I am the middle man and it was well re-packed as Anders wanted the NOS system and something else before he gets the shifter and seat belts. Somebody's post office system likes to handle package so the box gets messed up - I suspect our USPS but they wouldn't own up to it even if they did. I still have the shifter, seat belts and fender turn signals and will be delivering them to Ulf (65 Dartcharger) at Carlisle and he will be bringing them back along with the stuff he will buy.

there was.. but I have next to no idea where it ended up - if I ever find, I will let you know - it has to be here somewhere..

There was a switch connected to that mess of wires so I think Anders meant there is a switch and he has it.

I am the middle man and it was well re-packed as Anders wanted the NOS system and something else before he gets the shifter and seat belts. Somebody's post office system likes to handle package so the box gets messed up - I suspect our USPS but they wouldn't own up to it even if they did. I still have the shifter, seat belts and fender turn signals and will be delivering them to Ulf (65 Dartcharger) at Carlisle and he will be bringing them back along with the stuff he will buy.
ah ok - cool :thumbsup: - USPS is brutal- everywhere!

DAMN! I thought the middle-man was going to repackage it for ya.. the big thing to me is the shifter - did it survive the trip?
This was just the NOS kit and a couple of starter parts, don't worry. The shifter and the seatbelts will ride in a suitcase in July. :)

there was.. but I have next to no idea where it ended up - if I ever find, I will let you know - it has to be here somewhere..
No, the was a switch in the setup I got! But now that you say it, that must be the full throttle switch that goes in series with the switch on the steering wheel. I get it.

Don't sweat it, I'll find a nice switch for the wheel. That's something I actually know something about, remember? :)

Sorry Don, your comments were on the next page, I missed them. Sorry for the dual posting. At least we have our stories straight! :D

Alright! My prayers have been heard. Well, my request for help in a Facebook group, at least. I'm getting four starter bolts in the mail for $22 shipped. :thumbsup:

ProParts here in Sweden came thru bigly!

So I'm fixing up one or two old starters. Cleaned one of them up:

IMG_8538.JPG

Did anyone ever take one of these apart?

IMG_8544.JPG

Well, I did. It was sort of seized up but came loose but I decided I wanted to see what it looked like on the inside. Here's what I found (cleaned up before shooting the pics):
IMG_8545.JPG

IMG_8546.JPG

IMG_8547.JPG

IMG_8548.JPG

Last edited:
Its called a Bendix Anders, I remember when I was a kid and my dad was fixing a starter and the motor was fine but he was replacing what he called a bendix that had a striped gear. I think thats one of the earliest mechanical jobs I helped him with and helped get me into cars. Named after the inventor I believe. I was looking at my starter and decided it was cheap on RockAuto and just bought a rebuilt instead of messing with mine. Never seen the insides of one, I've learned something, cool.

Its called a Bendix Anders, I remember when I was a kid and my dad was fixing a starter and the motor was fine but he was replacing what he called a bendix that had a striped gear. I think thats one of the earliest mechanical jobs I helped him with and helped get me into cars. Named after the inventor I believe. I was looking at my starter and decided it was cheap on RockAuto and just bought a rebuilt instead of messing with mine. Never seen the insides of one, I've learned something, cool.
I never thought I'd be able to show a guy like you anything new, that's for sure.

It's an ingenious contraption. Zero reverse backlash and hardly any friction in the forward direction. It's not made for taking apart, though. The outer sheet metal cover is difficult to get to a good fit afterwards. Without a press, pretty close to impossible.

Hey folks, been on a little road trip with the family. To Croatia and back. Grand total of roughly 2,500 miles.

Anyway, this was waiting for me at the post office when we came back Tuesday evening. I wonder what it could be ...

IMG_8878.JPG

Yep. You guessed it.

IMG_8879.JPG

They were advertised as A-body headers but holding them up next to the engine bay I realized there is absolutely no way AT ALL they are fitting, even on the passenger side. Torsion bars, oil filter, steering arm - all of it is directly in the path of the downpipes.

So I take a little look and find the number 5115 stamped on there. A quick google shows Hooker Supercomp B/E body 1 3/4" to 3" ... Right. No way I'm cramming those in there, even with significant re-welding.

Bummer. But, hey, I might get me a Charger some day, right?

They cost me $200 shipped so it's not terribly bad but I think I'll list them again, to save some space, if nothing else.

We're heading up to the summer house to do some renovation and enjoy the nice weather that's here right now. Awfully cold compared to Croatia - and in fact cold even by Swedish standards - but sunny and nice.

Back in a week or so.

Here's a snap of where we went swimming most days.

It's one of dozens of little coves on the south side of the island Brač just outside of Split.

IMG_8772.JPG

Hey folks!

I've been away a while. We've been working on the guest house in the summer house (?) on the coast. The plan was to change the wallpaper, paint the ceiling and rent it out. Turned into a wrecking fest ... We found a couple of old ants nests, the kind that eat houses. Two large holes in the floor, the walls tore down and we found this.

IMG_8983.JPG

Fortunately, a neighbor is a retired masonry man. H offered to help us out and now it looks like this!

IMG_8991.JPG

Well, actually a bit better now that it's all dried.

My wife did a helluva job on the windows and I put the panes back in. We're going back up next weekend to paint most of it.

Waiting for me at the post office was this!

IMG_9029.JPG
IMG_9030.JPG
IMG_9031.JPG

The seat belts had me a little confused at first, @ScampMike, until I realized it is one set with a few extra straps with different hooks on the ends.

I didn't know the shifter came with the cable, brackets and all! I hope it'll go together with my 727.

And the turn indicators really are in MINT condition! Awesome!

I'm really stoked to get working on the car again. I keep drifting off into irrelevant projects but I'll try to stay focused on progress.

-
Back