67 barracuda fb redo

-
Dang! You're moving right along on this project. Is that last picture your old Barracuda?

Yep, very early stages. Was a formula s car. Hi compression 273, 4 speed, 8 3/4 posi, red on black. Was too rusty to restore and motor was tight so I made a new frame from 2x3 tubing, big block auto, narrowed 8 3/4. custom floors and firewall.

Cut the drivers quarter off the same way I did the passenger side. Inner wheel well is shot. Must of had a used full quarter installed back in the mid 70s. Lots of bad welds and the wheel well looks to be pounded out poorly. Welded really bad in door jamb too. Didnt have to cut off the trunk extension. It was completely rusted away. Also found out why the window wouldnt work. Bolts holding the window to the regulator broke off too. So now I need a window regulator and lift mount. Must have never been fixed after it came out of the upper guide track. Bent up the regulator.:banghead:

Attachments

• Picture 089.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 320
  • Picture 090.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 309
  • Picture 091.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 314
Got the wheel well off but found out my wiring harness was corroded away.:banghead: More things to add to the list again that I need to find.

Attachments

• Picture 100.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 303
  • Picture 098.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 298
  • Picture 097.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 310
LOL That's why we tell customers that we might find bad stuff after the car comes apart. They don't like that cuz it costs more.....:D Another reason things get to costing so much.:banghead:

Same thing here. Its kind of a hiden science of sort. Dont know whats going on until you tear into it. I have seen some really interesting things in my life so far. People sure get creative. BUT IN A BAD WAY! LOL!

Just got back from Woodville, WI. picking up a used body rotiserie I got a good deal on. Need to do a few mods to make it work for my car because it had a 74 nova on it last. Hope to order more parts in the morning.

Just got back from Woodville, WI. picking up a used body rotiserie I got a good deal on. Need to do a few mods to make it work for my car because it had a 74 nova on it last. Hope to order more parts in the morning.

They are awesome! I built mine about 16-17 years ago. 150 bucks in 4" pipe and a few casters. Saves a lot of time.

I know I biult one to do my brothers 68 dart convertible a few years back. When it was done he sold the car and then the rotisiery. Wanted another one badly but it would run around $800 to do one now. This one only cost me $240 and was only used to paint one car.

Ordered my drivers side outer wheel house today too.

Spoke to the molders that made all the fiberglass parts for M.A.S. and they are starting on my fiberglass front end and should be done by friday. $350.00. They want to start making more of the mopar stuff if I can show them there is interest. Any takers?

I need the drivers side rear window complete regulators and tracks plus the aluminum piece that bolts to the window. Any available out there? Cash waiting. I need to put this in before I put on the quarter. Just easier.

Well time for an update.. Friday I picked up my fiberglass front clip. Awsome workmanship! Will need some work but not bad. Sunday I wire brushed the seam sealer out of the drip rails and also DA ed the roof and the passenger side door jambe plus wire wheeled the trunk jamb. Taped off the new quarter and where I need to weld on the new drivers quarter. Then used a Nason DTM grey sealer to protect it. Also today finaly got my new drivers outer wheel well. Nice!!!!

Attachments

• Picture 113.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 246
  • Picture 112.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 250
  • Picture 111.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 247
  • Picture 110.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 267
  • Picture 109.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 260
  • Picture 108.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 246
  • Picture 107.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 233
  • Picture 106.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 255
  • Picture 105.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 257
  • Picture 104.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 250
And a few more pics. Also noticed the drivers striker needs to be welded up too.

Attachments

• Picture 119.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 255
  • Picture 117.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 241
  • Picture 116.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 235
  • Picture 114.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 246
Also just as a heads up and I will list it in the classifieds, since Im going with a mustang II set up Im selling my big bolt pattern disc brakes. New everything ecept blasted and painted spindles and a arms. Rotors new just have a little surface rust. No calipers or pads. $160 shipped anywhere in US.
Ordered my outer rockers today too.

Also going to sell my 67 v8 k frame and torsion bars. $130 shipped anywhere in us.

Well got a letter from the peoples republic of minnesota today. They claim my car is worth $4400.00 and I need to pay the sales tax on that amount before they will send me the title. I honestly paid $500 for the car and have an actual dealer reciept for it but They claim its an above market car so I need to pay $286 to get the title. Does this look like a $4400 car?

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 235
  • Picture 009.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 233
  • Picture 004.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 232
  • Picture 001.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 237
I haven't been here for a while. Wow, going to town as usual. Looks great. $4400 in that condition? Unbelievable! I think not. But, what can you do? Buggers.

Well got a letter from the peoples republic of minnesota today. They claim my car is worth $4400.00 and I need to pay the sales tax on that amount before they will send me the title. I honestly paid $500 for the car and have an actual dealer reciept for it but They claim its an above market car so I need to pay $286 to get the title. Does this look like a $4400 car?

I'd send them pictures of the car. I don't know how things work in Minnesota but here in Nebraska you don't have to pay tax on more than what you've paid for a car.

Yup, send them a letter and pics of the car. No engine bad trans, etc. they will redo the total. Do that all the time here in Wisc. Did that in MN too when lived there.:wack::violent1::protest:

They threatened me by saying if the pics I send are of a non complete car( no motor, trans, interior or body parts) it would be considered a repairable and will be subject to an inspection when it is finished and all fees and the new appraised value taxes before I get the title and then it would be branded a repairable.:banghead:

Well got good news from doc and my treatments going well so I decided to celebrate by working on the car. Got the drivers outer wheelwell in and then the new rear valance. Still waiting on the replacement rear window regulator so I can install it before I put the quarter panel on. Just easier. Also repaired the drivers door jamb corner. Now to tackle the drivers door striker plate crack.
My shop for now till we get more cars done is my 1 1/2 car shed by my home. Very tight. Makes it hard to do good pics so please bare with me.

Attachments

• Picture 140.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 210
  • Picture 141.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 213
  • Picture 142.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 221
  • Picture 143.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 210
  • Picture 144.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 214
Subscribed! Looking good! Is that a repop grill I saw? If so...where do I get one!?

Subscribed! Looking good! Is that a repop grill I saw? If so...where do I get one!?

No those are some used ones I picked up. In good shape but someone painted them with black spray paint.:banghead:

Yesterday I got a call from a friend of mine that bought a real clean low mileage 1976 imperial. He pulls out the motors and puts in small block cheby motors. Motor is a 400 with a 727 and thermoquad. Runs great and inside is clean. Motor is almost spotless too. Settled on $350 for the motor, tranny, driveshaft (to shorten), and the fender mounted turn signals. Only has 37,830 miles on it! All the interior and trim is up for grabs too if you guys know of anyone needing stuff. Pics on Sunday when I pick it up.

Big thanks to everyone who has been complimenting this project. You guys and gals keep me motivated! :prayer::cheers:

Met up with OUTLAW in Owatana so he could pick up the fiberglass front end I had. Great guy! Looks like I made another friend here! Good luck with your project!:burnout:

Still no window regulator. Was shipped on the 23rd. Was suposed to be here on the 30th. Stupid USPS!:banghead: So I hung the drivers door and found out my door jamb is pushed in 2 inches on the top. So Im in the process of getting that back where it belongs until the parts all show.

-
Back