68 Barracuda tire sizes

-

barracudadon

Reaction score
I have a 68 Barracuda (all stock) that I want to get tires and rims for. I need to know if a 225/70R14 with Cragar SS's will fit the front and 245/60R14 will fit in the rear. Anyone running these sizes in their Barracuda? Thanks.

I run 225/60 R15 front (it rubs the fender) and 255/60 R15 rear with no issues. Hope that helps

I run 295/50-15s in the stock rear tubs. I have fit 325/50-15s in those same tubs.(68S). So the rear will accept almost anything, with careful set-up.
I have run 245/50-15s on 15 X 8 steelies up front with careful backspace selection, and some minor trimming at the front lower corner of the wheelhouse to the fender.That tire calculates to 24.6 diameter.I currently am running 235/60-14s@ 25.1"@ 7"rims.I am lowered, and trimmed. Your tire calculates to 26.4. If you fit it on a 6 inch rim, and tuck it in as far as it will go without hitting the balljoint or frame rail and your ride height has not been lowered, you might not have to trim the fender.Typically though, expect to trim that corner. Dont forget to allow some extra clearance for brake-dive. Forward motion cuts the tire, reverse folds the sheet metal up and tears the paint off at the fold. Dont ask me how I know. Trimming to me was no big deal. Snip, snip, hello cornering power. Just be sure to seal the cut edge to prevent water infiltration and subsequent de-lamination of the paint and then rust.

Well my car is a 383 Formula S convertible and I don't want to have to trim the fender. Maybe a 215/70R14 would fit without trimming the fender? I'm looking to fit the widest tires I can without modifying anything. Thanks again...

My 67 has 235/60/15 up front with no problems, 255/60/15 rear no problems on crager ss wheels 7 inch width.

I have BF Goodrich P225 60 R14 (6 inch rim)on the front and P245 60 R14 (8 inch rim)on the rear of my 68 Barracuda with no problems, make sure you get Crager's with the proper offset for your application.

I'm not sure about proper offset or anything. I was thinking about ordering my Cragars from Summit. Would they know the right ones to order or can someone tell me what is right?

I'm not sure about proper offset or anything. I was thinking about ordering my Cragars from Summit. Would they know the right ones to order or can someone tell me what is right?

Unfortunately I don't have my car here or I'd measure my offset. Are you working with the small 4" bolt pattern and what width are you looking at for the front and rear?

I do have small bolt pattern. I was thinking 225/70R14 with 6" Cragar SS rim on front and 245/60R14 with 7" Cragar SS rim on the rear.

I do have small bolt pattern. I was thinking 225/70R14 with 6" Cragar SS rim on front and 245/60R14 with 7" Cragar SS rim on the rear.

Why are you putting a 70 series tire on the front? and not a 60 like the rear. 70 series has a taller side wall and it may cause tire rub on the wheel opening when turning.
The small bolt Cragars from Summit gives you only one choice for the front in 6" and two different back space choices for the rear in 7", one will probably be a bit deeper dish then the other. Summit should be able to verify the correct one for your application, or maybe both will work then its a matter of preference, I personally like a contras between the front & rear rims and usually go with the deeper dish. Sorry, if I had my car here I could measure and be more help.

-
Back