68 Dart Project.

-
Finished up the hood today on the Hemi Dart. Some pics.

IMG_2781.jpg

IMG_2782.jpg

IMG_2783.jpg

Another garage poly paint booth job in the books. With the hood done, the Dart is pretty much done too, except for the Hemi build. So the Dart will be going into storage soon, until the fall, and then it's hemi install time.

Dart project pretty much done, storage time, will be back in the fall for the final phase of the project.
IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2775.jpg

Not much going on with the Dart project these days. I did rework the front hood trim, removing a few rashes and getting it mint. The anodize had to come off but it looks like new now.
I also found a nice set of TTI headers for the hemi with dyno time only. Not much else going on with this virus thing and season change.

Headers - check off the list.
CED3B18D-911B-42AD-A18C-0F6DFB4C9F65.jpeg

Polished and hung up, waiting for install.
2F30CF35-07D2-4F8A-BD43-DC433D61EF70.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice "railing art"! You might be starting a new fad. I don't think my parents would have appreciated me hanging parts from the railing. This house doesn't have one.

Also how did you do the cut outs for the back wheels? Did you use a pattern? I’m looking to do this but I don’t want to over cut the back. Thank

What brand is your Hemi Dart hood? I’m looking to buy one that’s made well
---
Both my hood and scoop came from AAR. I did my research before buying as you are and came up with AAR. No regrets at all. There was nothing to do but drill and fit the scoop, sand, prep and paint. I also bought the bolt on hood, and I can either pin it or hinge. 6 lbs difference between the 2.

Also how did you do the cut outs for the back wheels? Did you use a pattern? I’m looking to do this but I don’t want to over cut the back. Thank
---
Lots of research, pictures, then made my own cuts. I used the old existing left side panel to come up with my shape. Once cut I made templates. Then transferred to the new AMD panels once they were installed. Some pictures to help out.

IMG_3547.JPG

Same templates, just flip over for side to side.
IMG_3548.JPG

First initial marking and cut
IMG_3651.JPG

Second marking - final height. Cut up to line and fold inward to build inner lip.
IMG_3654.JPG

IMG_3655.JPG

---
Both my hood and scoop came from AAR. I did my research before buying as you are and came up with AAR. No regrets at all. There was nothing to do but drill and fit the scoop, sand, prep and paint. I also bought the bolt on hood, and I can either pin it or hinge. 6 lbs difference between the 2.
Thanks, So the scoop wasn’t on the hood when you purchased it?

Thanks, So the scoop wasn’t on the hood when you purchased it?
---
No Sir. They are shipped in separate boxes. Apparently past shipping experiences proves this to be the best safest. Boxing of products is as good as it gets. They will drill the scoop holes for you if you choose for an additional cost. I chose to drill my own holes.

---
No Sir. They are shipped in separate boxes. Apparently past shipping experiences proves this to be the best safest. Boxing of products is as good as it gets. They will drill the scoop holes for you if you choose for an additional cost. I chose to drill my own holes.
Do you think I can just buy the scoop and put it on the metal hood?

how is the engine parts collection going?
—-
With the border closed not so good. I’ve got a cart with 22 items sitting idle right now. CDN dollar ain’t worth **** neither but actually just today the victor cnc heads were ordered. Aside from that the block is at my buddy’s shop and one of these days we’ll get the rotating assembly ordered up. Come fall a guy will pick it up and by then all this pandemic nonsense will have settled down. On a sour note my local track is now shut down until further notice so that’s a piss off.

---
Lots of research, pictures, then made my own cuts. I used the old existing left side panel to come up with my shape. Once cut I made templates. Then transferred to the new AMD panels once they were installed. Some pictures to help out.

View attachment 1715499607
Same templates, just flip over for side to side.
View attachment 1715499608

First initial marking and cut
View attachment 1715499612

Second marking - final height. Cut up to line and fold inward to build inner lip.
View attachment 1715499609
View attachment 1715499610
How did you fold inward to build inner lip? I wish you made a YouTube video

---
Short cuts, then fold over with a flat nose pliers. Cut up to the second template line, it's about 1" each cut about 1" wide. Then use a body hammer to even things up nicely. Next shape metal to fit the tub to the lip and weld into place.
I would attach a couple of pictures but for some reason picture attachment isn't working properly..

-
Back