68 Dart Project.

-
---
Short cuts, then fold over with a flat nose pliers. Cut up to the second template line, it's about 1" each cut about 1" wide. Then use a body hammer to even things up nicely. Next shape metal to fit the tub to the lip and weld into place.
I would attach a couple of pictures but for some reason picture attachment isn't working properly..
Wow it seems like a lot of work, I definitely want to do this to my car.

---
Short cuts, then fold over with a flat nose pliers. Cut up to the second template line, it's about 1" each cut about 1" wide. Then use a body hammer to even things up nicely. Next shape metal to fit the tub to the lip and weld into place.
I would attach a couple of pictures but for some reason picture attachment isn't working properly..
Can you email the pictures? My email brandoncalthoff @ Gmail. I saw a lot of cut outs that look really bad. I don’t want to mess up my car. I have a lot of questions. I’m sorry lol so I want to purchase wheels for my car. Right now I have 5x4. I want to buy wheel adapters to make it 5x4.5. So should I wait to buy the wheels before I do the cutting? I don’t what the wheels sitting too far inside the wheelwell. I’m trying to get my car to have the Hemi look.

Here are the wheels I want to buy. SSR wheels

3DCED442-AA73-4AD6-BBBE-46D00099B278.png

any parts arrive? heard at work our borders are open...
----
I will be checking to see if a guy can get across but with that Asshole Trudeau involved a guy can be sure it's going to be screwed.

Lots of parts rolling in though. Oiling system, pan, 8-bolt flex plate, Victor heads, head stud kit and other bolt ons. Once I'm sure I can get across for parts I'll order up a Stage V rocker assembly, valve covers and a Barton intake.
I also removed my new Aeromotive fuel pump and replaced it with a bigger Aeromotive pump. Hadn't planned on as much HP as I'm going to end up with.

Updated pump will keep the Hemi happy.
IMG_2935.jpg

---
Trans cooler tucks in nicely just in front of the rad.

59795103835__5742B28B-3EDA-4E05-B6AC-1601BBB82343.JPG

Can see the cooler in behind the grill in this pic.
59846579489__57D17286-DC09-4965-9286-16158D4072DE.JPG

The 68 Dart Project got swapped out today. It went into storage and the old 64 came home. Come fall, I'll swap them back and this upcoming fall / winter there will be a built hemi to install into the Dart Project. Some pics of today's events.

Before the Dart got put away the a larger fuel pump got installed. With the Hemi getting more HP than originally planned I figured I might as well fix this problem before it shows up. Aeromotive 350 GPH.
IMG_2935.jpg

Magna Fuel Regulator installed. -10AN inlet and -8AN outlet ports for maximum fuel volume.
IMG_2942.jpg

Dart getting winched up into the trailer.
IMG_2955.jpg

At storage. First time the Dart has been outside.
IMG_6759.jpg

Got to love a dana under a Dart. I raised the spare tire donut 3" during the build so that it's no longer noticeable from behind the car.
IMG_6758.jpg

Got some upgrades to do on the 64 and hopefully a guy can get some drag racing in this summer.
IMG_6757.jpg

That's about it till fall for the Dart project. Will get real interesting come fall when the Dart gets that nice big billet KB Hemi stuffed.

img_6759-jpg.jpg

they don't come much nicer looking than this! It's a sight I'd like to see each morning looking out the window.
( I wonder if they could make a wrap of this to put on my garage door?)

Great quality build. Do you have a page for the '64? I seem to have a little extra time on my hands nowadays and would enjoy a good read
---
I believe that I do have, over in FBBO. I think during the build, and then once I started racing, a second one, it was a FBBO group member project to get the Plymouth dialed in and down the track. I'll have to go see if I can find it / them. Thanks.

will finish reading on next rainy day...oops,when does it stop raining around here. Looking forward to reading/learning. Thanks! Bob

It's been almost 3 months since I've been here. After the Dart went into storage I've been busy on other things and missing lots of good progress by everyone here. While the Dart has been gone I've kept busy with the Hemi and here's some pics on that.

A quick shot of the KB block. Finished, it will be a 572
IMG_2703.jpg

This was a while back too, but I did get the 727 test fit, starter checked for clearance, etc.
IMG_2721.jpg

Edelbrock Victor Hemi Heads is what's going on to the 572.
IMG_6793.JPG

Lots of hours was spent on the victors, smoothening things out, short side work, port matching, etc. A simple bracket was fab'd up to rotate and spin the heads which sure made the job more accessible.
IMG_6797.JPG

Ray Barton published a great article on porting these heads, which I followed closely. Will find out shortly what the final flow numbers will be on my job but if I'm close to Barton's job I should see around the 440 mark.
IMG_3042.jpg

Stage V rockers was my choice for rockers. A very nice set up, 1.6 ratio and only minimal clearancing needed in a couple of spots.
IMG_3196.jpg

A Barton intake was my choice for intake. A very stout piece, which makes BIG power. This also had lots of hours spent in the plenum, runners and port match. Finished in 120 grit. Finished weight, 36 lbs! It's a tank. Perhaps a cross ram will replace it at some point, but not at this point.
IMG_6856.JPG

On top is a 1250 Dominator. It may be a touch on the large side but it will likely make the best HP according to my research.
IMG_3258.jpg

The hemi is now in process of assembly. Diamond pistons, Molnar crank and rods, custom comp solid roller, milodon oiling system, etc. Should be a good pump gas motor and looking for some dyno numbers in a month or so. So that's what's been going on with this 68 Dart Project.

I did have the old 64 out of the garage yesterday. The local track will not open this year at all so the race fuel is just sitting and going stale.. Hoping to find a track open in July and to get some passes in.
IMG_6870.PNG

IMG_3331.jpg

So that's it, will have some dyno numbers to post from the Dart's new hemi in a few weeks!

It's been almost 3 months since I've been here. After the Dart went into storage I've been busy on other things and missing lots of good progress by everyone here. While the Dart has been gone I've kept busy with the Hemi and here's some pics on that.

A quick shot of the KB block. Finished, it will be a 572
View attachment 1715548454

This was a while back too, but I did get the 727 test fit, starter checked for clearance, etc.
View attachment 1715548455

Edelbrock Victor Hemi Heads is what's going on to the 572.
View attachment 1715548470

Lots of hours was spent on the victors, smoothening things out, short side work, port matching, etc. A simple bracket was fab'd up to rotate and spin the heads which sure made the job more accessible.
View attachment 1715548458

Ray Barton published a great article on porting these heads, which I followed closely. Will find out shortly what the final flow numbers will be on my job but if I'm close to Barton's job I should see around the 440 mark.
View attachment 1715548459

Stage V rockers was my choice for rockers. A very nice set up, 1.6 ratio and only minimal clearancing needed in a couple of spots.
View attachment 1715548460

A Barton intake was my choice for intake. A very stout piece, which makes BIG power. This also had lots of hours spent in the plenum, runners and port match. Finished in 120 grit. Finished weight, 36 lbs! It's a tank. Perhaps a cross ram will replace it at some point, but not at this point.
View attachment 1715548462

On top is a 1250 Dominator. It may be a touch on the large side but it will likely make the best HP according to my research.
View attachment 1715548461

The hemi is now in process of assembly. Diamond pistons, Molnar crank and rods, custom comp solid roller, milodon oiling system, etc. Should be a good pump gas motor and looking for some dyno numbers in a month or so. So that's what's been going on with this 68 Dart Project.

I did have the old 64 out of the garage yesterday. The local track will not open this year at all so the race fuel is just sitting and going stale.. Hoping to find a track open in July and to get some passes in.
View attachment 1715548476
View attachment 1715548478

So that's it, will have some dyno numbers to post from the Dart's new hemi in a few weeks!

Are you talking about SIR? Did you hear for sure they are not opening? I heard that from another guy but never heard officially.

Cley

Are you talking about SIR? Did you hear for sure they are not opening? I heard that from another guy but never heard officially.

Cley
---
Yep. That's what I heard from a good source. Gonna have to travel even further than SIR to somewhere to get a pass in it looks like.

when I grow up....I wanna be you! I'm paying close attention to your Hemi build. Decided to keep the 572 "show" Hemi currently benched from the Butch Leal / California Flash / Direct Connection M/P Hemi Duster. Given that Hemi has only 11 to 1 and a big solid lifter cam, I feel the need to change out the tunnel ram / dual Dominators for something a little more street friendly (with definitely less fuel).

the street 572 might end up in here....when the first street Flash is done.

20200518_112223 (1).jpg

Last edited:
when I grow up....I wanna be you! I'm paying close attention to your Hemi build. Decided to keep the 572 "show" Hemi currently benched from the Butch Leal / California Flash / Direct Connection M/P Hemi Duster. Given that Hemi has only 11 to 1 and a big solid lifter cam, I feel the need to change out the tunnel ram / dual Dominators for something a little more street friendly (with definitely less fuel).

the street 572 might end up in here....when the first street Flash is done.

View attachment 1715548596

Denny careful what you wish for! Haha. That's the perfect plan with your hemi. I'm also at 11 to 1 so enough cam to bleed off some compression and we're both pump gas compatible. A guy wonders what we'll do with these cars when done but hey it's all about the build.

Got to love those old Super Tricks! At some point down the road I'll be getting mine gold anodized for the 64.

-
Back