Separate names with a comma.
Awesome build. Motivates me to get back after my Duster languishing out in the cold garage!!
--- I wouldn't be taking on a job like this any longer without a rotisserie. It puts the work at a comfortable height.
--- That's what we do, share and motivate each other. You need heat man! A cold garage sure would effect my motivation. Started piecing together my paint booth frame today, didn't realize I robbed so much 1X1 from it for small projects, damn.
I have a heated garage. Working on kitchen remodel currently. Hopefully soon! Miss wrenching on the car!
A milestone today. Lots of priming. 2 good coats of epoxy primer went onto the underside, interior, trunk and engine compartment. Not much product left, which when mixed up gave 2 gallons. Able to get a better look at the inner wheel tub with the primer on. Lots of time spent on the wheel lips, which are about 7/16" wide, giving as much tire width as possible. Trunk finished up nicely too. No fuel neck any longer, will be opening the trunk for refuelling. Fuel cell bracket in the spare tire tub, which is only 3" deep now. Fuel cell is 16 gallons. Epoxy primer from top to bottom in the interior. Heater delete. Windows all functional and will take care of any needed HVAC Right side shot. Left side. Should block out very nicely. Wheel openings turned out great. Body panels coated with Evercoat Max Build. This is a DTM (direct to metal) product that sprays on xtremely heavy and with a short pot life. Mix it up and get it on asap. Might take a day or 2 off now, I don't remember this job being so damn hard to do before.. Can't have anything to do with age.. lol.
Looks great and laser straight!
That looks great! Cley
Looking really nice!
BEAUUUUUUtiful Good find and awesome quick work on it too-I'll have to keep watching this one too...seeing more and more people on here stitching on quarter panels, the more it looks like something I can actually accomplish
--- Thanks! It should block out nice.
--- Thanks, a fun project. It's hard to say which is more work. A quarter skin or a full panel. I went with one of each on the Dart. The hardest part was cutting into the new panels. With the right wheels, tires, stance and the narrowed Dana I'm sure it will be an eye catcher.
Nary a doubt on that. One of the guys on here, moparmat2000, helped me out a great deal by scouting out (his find) and helping me tear down a '71 Scamp for all it's constituent pieces...he's done a boatload of work drilling it all down. All I really wanted out of it were the two quarters, the dutchman, and trunk. He needed pretty much all the rest of it for his Barracuda. I still need to do some work on my trunk floor and drop offs, but I'll be happy to eat the cost of those and save $1400 worth of quarters and dutchman.
Excellent work. Takes a lot of people years to get to your point, myself including.
—- That’s quite a savings. That can go towards other needed items.
—- Thanks Dude. Having fun and spending time on it everyday keeps it moving along. I think it’s possible to see some B5 blue pearl coat on it not too far down the road.
Some B5 Blue Pearl Coat went on today. Of course it had to be -42 with the windchill this morning... didn't matter, I got-er-done anyways.. Painting in a trunk is a terrible job to do. Rear pkge tray area trimmed out. Painting the underside of it sure was awkward but it's done well. With a little extra work and paint the interior looks good. The last of the mixed clear coat got used up, under the seat will have to be good enough in base. Rear underside shot of the finished product. Will build a drive shaft hoop in later. Lots of base and clear coat went on today and the poly paint booth worked like a charm.
Looks AWESOME!!! Nice work
It's so pretty !! B5 has to be my favorite factory color on old Mopars.
Gorgeous! Great job!
The Dart reached a milestone today, it came down off the rotisserie. Suspension parts painted and ready to start going on K frame ready to go back into place. Dana parts will be showing up this week and can go together. Fenders and doors need to be trimmed out still. Soon. Should be back on wheels by March.
my favorite "go to" thread when a fresh hit of Mopar hot roddin' is needed.
I saw a k frame done like urs a few yrs. back, first one I `ve seen since . Have been wondering why I haven`t seen any like it on here, when people post pics of theirs.. I think I`m going to do my stock one that way one of these days and pull the Magnum force front end out. Be great for a " real " oil pan.
Beautiful work...You must have the perfect wife!
--- Lots more room, that's for sure. 1/8 X 3" flat bar works perfect. It will pull a little when you weld it so an initial measurement and temporary brace is a good idea. And if you happen to forget the brace, a bottle jack will do the trick.
--- Guys, I don't know if it was luck, blessed or karma, but I have the best gal in the whole world! And yesterday she happily helped me haul the dana housing out of the poly paint booth!