69 cuda with 275/60/15

-
I'm sure I will be in the minority here but if the fender lip could contact the top of the tire, I don't call that fitting.

I mean…… Jack any car up, limit suspension movement and you could shove a 2' wide tire under it, if you don't mind the tire hanging out the side.

I'm sure I will be in the minority here but if the fender lip could contact the top of the tire, I don't call that fitting.

I mean…… Jack any car up, limit suspension movement and you could shove a 2' wide tire under it, if you don't mind the tire hanging out the side.

Don't listen to that ****....It looks good, fits and it works.

Youmadbro?

na....just saying. His set up is working. There's lot of stuff that "could happen" But what really will??? Hell I've seen some major hack jobs but I don't think that lifting the rear a little is bad at all. Look at every wanna-be hot rod from the 80's. That's kinda what they make air-shocks for.

na....just saying. His set up is working. There's lot of stuff that "could happen" But what really will??? Hell I've seen some major hack jobs but I don't think that lifting the rear a little is bad at all. Look at every wanna-be hot rod from the 80's. That's kinda what they make air-shocks for.

Nothing against guys that run a lot of rear rake to their cars. This isn't about criticizing people rides.

But this is more of a reference thread. So people need to know the backspacing, rim specs, tire size, rear springs, air shock or not, distance from spring to tire, distance from tire to inside of top fender lip, and rear chassis height.

That will help people reading this determine if the info is valid for thier particular car, the way they want to build it.

exactly
Nothing against guys that run a lot of rear rake to their cars. This isn't about criticizing people rides.

But this is more of a reference thread. So people need to know the backspacing, rim specs, tire size, rear springs, air shock or not, distance from spring to tire, distance from tire to inside of top fender lip, and rear chassis height.

That will help people reading this determine if the info is valid for thier particular car, the way they want to build it.

I run 275/60/15 drag radials on my 69 fastback,its a very tight fit.

Attachments

• 000_2161.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 341
Heres a 325-50-15, stock wheel house, springs in the frame,rims are 15X8.5" with 4-7/8" backspacing. The rims were to narrow for the tires however.

Attachments

• 606.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 274
  • 607.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 255
  • 609.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 275
9" with more back spacing will need offset hangers. I had 15X8.5" with 4-7/8" backspacing and 275-60-15, had to move the springs but they tucked in nicely.

I have measured the back spacing on those Centerline wheels advertised with the 4-7/8" backspacing. I come up with about 4-3/8" backspacing if you go to the tire bead area. That is about a 1/2 difference than just running a straight edge across the back of the wheel where it will measure 4-7/8"

Different companys measure backspace different ways. Thats something to think about before ordering wheels. I think most will agree that backspacing should be measured from the rim mount surface to the inside tire bead. Just check with wheel manufacture of choice before ordering.

Back to the original post the wheels and tires look great!

No, the springs are in the stock location. I do have SS spring though.

Thanks for posting that Taconite. I am looking at getting 15" rallys for my 68 FB cause I can't find a tire for the 14" wheels on it now besides the 235-60R14 M&H it has, with no tread remaining (wonder how that occurred? :roll:). Will still have 195-14" up front which may make the stance look better than the 235-60R14 now (24" dia vs 27" on 255-60R15 or 27.5" with 265-60R15).

According to this chart:
http://www.tiresafety.com/replace/replace_odc.asp

Your tires are 28" diameter and it looks close to the fender in front. I think 27" diameter would be about right.

What are SS springs? Those you have do not look like stainless...

SS springer - super stock springs which are sold through Mopar Performance.

You will also see them refered to as 002/003 springs which is the last 3 digits of there part number.

Thanks for posting that Taconite. I am looking at getting 15" rallys for my 68 FB cause I can't find a tire for the 14" wheels on it now besides the 235-60R14 M&H it has, with no tread remaining (wonder how that occurred? :roll:). Will still have 195-14" up front which may make the stance look better than the 235-60R14 now (24" dia vs 27" on 255-60R15 or 27.5" with 265-60R15).

According to this chart:
http://www.tiresafety.com/replace/replace_odc.asp

Your tires are 28" diameter and it looks close to the fender in front. I think 27" diameter would be about right.

What are SS springs? Those you have do not look like stainless...

Its tight but they clear.

Yes it will. I had the 3" kit but I didnt get around to mini tubbing it. the 3/4" kit will move the spring enough to allow you to use the entire stock wheel tub. Its tight and a 8.5" rim is a bit to narrow though. a 15X10would fit the tire better

-
Back