70 Swinger 340

-
Yes,and yes. Its code V02 on the fender tag. when i bought this car i did not realize it was a painted top car. After researching the origional color combo, that made my mind up to repaint it back to origional.

That's cool. I like the look but not really the vinyl. Might just do a painted top on my 69 Dart.

wheels and tires are done, and some of the stainless is back from the polisher. I've been working on the stock intake and AVS for the 340 and spending some time on the window regulators.

Attachments

• DSCN0485.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 602
  • DSCN0486.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 612
  • DSCN0487.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 585
  • DSCN0488.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 581
  • DSCN0489.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 575
Im wanting to get it on the road for this summer. I still have a long way to go, and it hard to stay motivated working on the dash and door glass. I have almost everything to finish it up other than carpet and seat vinyl.

Any progress is good progress! Keep it going, lots of us are watching and looking forward to seeing your dart finished!!

I have to agree with everyones comments...the paint combo is awesome and the attention to details is top notch. I'm using you pics as a Guide to put my Dad's 70' Swinger back together.

Your car is looking real good. Love that color. I bought a 69 Swinger new and it was that color, only a 318 though, that's all they had left in Sept. when I got it. Never got tired of looking at it.

my 69 was that color body and top but it did not pop like that

Great job, love the color combo as all else do. As it was from the factory.

Yours is the first 70 that I have noticed that has the rocker trim (as one of mine does also) Yours looks flatter, mine is V shaped (could just be hard tell in the pic) also do you know if a there is a code for the moulding? (just on buildsheet perhaps?) I only have my fender tag. Mine is a FC7 4 speed (so many on here it seems!)

Good luck on the deadline, doesn't look like you will have any trouble though!

Yes, the car is optioned with the sill moldings, but these are incorrect for this car. If i remember correctly with out looking at my codes, the moldings are called "wide sill molding" M-25. I could not find a set and came up with these from a member here. they are close, but not exactly correct.

figured I better update.

Attachments

• DSCN0508.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 436
  • DSCN0507.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 461
  • DSCN0505.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 443
  • DSCN0504.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 447
  • DSCN0503.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 446
  • DSCN0502.JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 467
  • DSCN0501.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 447
  • DSCN0500.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 425
  • DSCN0509.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 441
Its sitting under the bench in the background of one of the pics. My brother in law is showing some interest in putting it in his 70 TA, 4 speed challenger. That may be the smartest move for me, otherwise ill be looking to buy something to drop that into, and you know what that leads to Louis! If he doesn't decide to take it ill probably have to break down and find something suitable to drop it in.

I said it in one of my previous posts ,but i am blown away but this car. The color combo, the workmanship, just the whole package. I really love this car.

Thanks, the color combo is what did it for me, white top, white stripe, FT6, otherwise it was suppose to be a daily driver. That plan seemed to go out the window fairly quickly.

-
Back