'71 Demon Pro Street/Touring

-
the guys at the paint shop gave mine a little scratch.....fortunatly, in a out of the way spot..... before it even left....just to get it out of the way

smart car yellow.

Attachments

• img1693fi8.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,804
That yellow is pretty close, but I have no worries about anyone thinking about a smart car when they come across my Demon. :)

Shiny, bright, and straight looking good.
Are you really serious that the previous body shop charged 20K???

I was just bustin' your balls on Not-So smart car reference....that color is expert..

my buddy had a 70/71(?) 340 Duster that color with a black vinyl top/sharktooth in 72 when our hot rod days were in full swing......the car was in your face mean too.....for a small block

I was just bustin' your balls on Not-So smart car reference....that color is expert..

my buddy had a 70/71(?) 340 Duster that color with a black vinyl top/sharktooth in 72 when our hot rod days were in full swing......the car was in your face mean too.....for a small block
I Know ;) and sireland67, yes it was close to 20K but I believe that included the 340 rebuild. Which I have no idea was any good or not, I found myself a virgin 340 block and sold the mystery build to a guy for a good deal if it was done right.

A couple pics of where the car is at today. I am bringing the car home on Nov 2nd. They still have to put rear suspension in to get it rolling, a wetsand and polish to the outer panels and paint dash and a couple other interior pieces. Soon to bring me big smiles everytime I walk out to the garage :D.

Pic of the Dash getting smoothed over, this isn't my original rallye dash.
dashy.jpg

Pic of the AlterKtion in place
frontkfe.jpg

Finally sitting on all fours. Final ride height will hopefully be a couple inches lower once fully assembled and adjusted.

sept30021.jpg

rear1w.jpg

rear2o.jpg

What fuel tank are you going to use? I'm really looking for a trunk mount but I'd like to keep the fuel filler on the side.

The build is great. I've got The RMS front and rear as well.

Riddler

Excellent job, car is going to be awesome...

What fuel tank are you going to use? I'm really looking for a trunk mount but I'd like to keep the fuel filler on the side.

The build is great. I've got The RMS front and rear as well.

Riddler

Thanks guys. As far as that fuel cell I can't remember the brand, was picked out by the bodyshop, I just mentioned size I wanted and that it need to be aluminum. They did a nice job on the install, looks very good on inside of trunk. Hopefully get some pics soon of that.

Damn Rodzilla, that's a sweet Demon! Your combination of parts and style of the build is perfect. I've got to say, that bodyshop does nice work too.

This is a cool thread, thanks for sharing. :notworth:

Damn Rodzilla, that's a sweet Demon! Your combination of parts and style of the build is perfect. I've got to say, that bodyshop does nice work too.

This is a cool thread, thanks for sharing. :notworth:

Thanks Doug, checked out your site, that Duster is very cool!!

That is going to be a nice ride! My 69 to 68 SS Dart project is the same color and I love it :) Really makes the lines pop and not everyone has it. Looking forward to following your progress. Check mine out when you have the time (68 SS Dart in progress).

Thanks guys, can't wait to get it home and put it back together. Unfortunately this car has kept me working alot of extra days (oilpatch & away from home) so I can afford it. So assembly thru the winter will be very limited, I plan to take off a month somewhere around may/june. Should be able to get whats left together for summer in that time.

Its pretty much ready to bring home, just need time off work to get that done. Couple of new pics that were taken at the bodyshop today.

oct14013.jpg

oct140151.jpg

oct140141.jpg

Thats a nice gas tak. Sorry if you mentioned the brand already,but where did you get it,how much etc etc...

Thats a nice gas tak. Sorry if you mentioned the brand already,but where did you get it,how much etc etc...

Sorry took so long to reply. Not sure, I just told the guys at bodyshop the size & style I wanted and they grabbed it for me. I believe they picked it up at Mopac, I should have details next week as I'm hoping to take the car home then.

Not really any progress to report but I finally got the Demon home last week and can't wait to tackle the rest of the resto. But sadly I'm going to be stuck working lots this winter, so that is going to make getiing the car ready for next summer very tuff.
I am super happy with the car, the quality of the work was better then I had hoped. But the price tag was much more then expected, of course. The paint is so deep and shines like its about to drip off the car.

Heres a couple more pics in my garage:

img00375201110252035.jpg

img00378201110252036.jpg

img00380201110252040.jpg

img00388201110292140.jpg

img00389201110292140.jpg

With anyluck it won't be too long for updates. 1st steps with be running brakelines, fuel line & painless wiring. Then start on interior.

Man that Demon looks awesome looks like the paint and bodywork turned out great...mine goes to the shop in a couple weeks I hope it turns out as straight.....and shiny. Also Like the fuel cell idea, look forward watching the assembly process. :thumbup:

-
Back