'71 Demon Pro Street/Touring

-
I had a shop do the work for me, but no is the answer to your questions. Those remain in the factory location, the wheel well has some material sectioned in so it now becomes as wide as the edge of body to the frame rail. The bracket on the inner portion of the wheel well gets cut and rewelded after sectioning is complete (see where I circled red, a before and after shot). Below is a link to the build that was somewhat of an inspiration for mine, there are lots of pics showing their minitub as well.

http://www.gforcedesignconcepts.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=DEMON

minitub1.jpg

minitub.jpg

minitub2.jpg

Wow Rod...!

I just read all 7 pages, Hope to meet some day and pick your brain some more. Starting on the Demon myself real soon. Keep up the GREAT work! Very inspiring.

Joe

Test fit my new fan:
img0387gu.jpg

I think wiring is next, or brake lines. Neither look fun...lol.

Any info/specs on the fan? I have a puller fan mounted on my water pump with no shroud and I'm a little worried that it won't be enough to keep my 340 cool.
Thanks.
-Mike

Any info/specs on the fan? I have a puller fan mounted on my water pump with no shroud and I'm a little worried that it won't be enough to keep my 340 cool.
Thanks.
-Mike

I'm out at work right now so I don't couldn't tell you the model number on the fan, it is a flexalite though. After I put the engine in I put rad back in and found out some bad news that the fan won't fit between it and waterpump, should be no prob with a stock rad thats narrower. I'm going to trim a bit off the support in front of the rad to make some room and turn it into a pusher. I believe this fan is 3000cfm, maybe a bit better. Should be ok as pusher with the big 4 core rad, should know in he next couple of weeks.

I'm out at work right now so I don't couldn't tell you the model number on the fan, it is a flexalite though. After I put the engine in I put rad back in and found out some bad news that the fan won't fit between it and waterpump, should be no prob with a stock rad thats narrower. I'm going to trim a bit off the support in front of the rad to make some room and turn it into a pusher. I believe this fan is 3000cfm, maybe a bit better. Should be ok as pusher with the big 4 core rad, should know in he next couple of weeks.

Thanks for the info. I've been running mine in place in the shop with no external fan pointed at it and it hasn't overheated yet (just using the puller fan on the engine with a 3-core aluminum 22" radiator) but I am just nervous thinking about hot summer days and traffic jams.

Maybe a pusher fan like you mentioned run along with the puller fan would help cool it down, during traffic jams or when the engine is turned off after a long haul.
Thanks.

-Mike

Putting in some hours on the car in the last 4 days. I got the trans cooler lines all plumbed, throttle linkage set up, engine accesories(March Performance stuff), finished all my wiring under dash. Had to change fan to a pusher due to a lack of room for it and 4 core rad. Finished up some more wiring under hood. Put 10 gallons of 94 octane pump gas mixed 50/50 with C12 (108 Octane), figured good a place as any to start. Hoping later to go to 25% C12, running 11.5:1 compression. Engine has oil. no leaks any where yet. Trans, diff, brakes, power steering and coolant all needs to go in yet.
Put my Drivers seat in finally, just need to add my sill plate on that side and the interior is done.
Still need to plumb heater hoses, plumb power steering/hydro booster for power brakes, wire up starter and selenoid, wire power to fuel pump. Need to plumb line-lock.
After that is done she should be ready to fire up. Hoping for this weekend.

caroy.jpg

car1zb.jpg

car2lz.jpg

Looks great! I kinda wish I had painted mine before I started putting stuff back on, so I'd actually be done like you. Hindsight strikes again!

Congratulations on the build almost being done. You'll have to post a video so we can hear her purr!

Coming together nicely. I hope we'll get to see some video when its running.

I'm not excluding the rest of the car, but the motor looks great. looking forward to all the upcoming pics.

Here is a vid of the 1st start up. Lit right up with my ballpark setup, no timing has been done yet. Have some issues with gauges, including oil pressure, even though everything looked good when I primed it I didn't want to take any chances. I think I have some issues with grounds, oil pressure is a sending unit style. Open headers, should have seen my dog bolt when I hit the button,,,lol. Poor guy.

[ame]http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8661/27741802wdjqoiqrjkqcebckwwd.mp4[/ame]

Car looks great.
What did you use to paint
the grill?

The only matte silver I could find that looked close was a header paint, I did it 6 months ago and can't remember brand. But I think you can get the actual color you need right from a dodge dealership, I remember seeing someone post it here. The Black was a semi-gloss I believe. I sprayed all the silver first then masked it all off after it dryed well, then sprayed the black, I bet I have 15-20 hrs into my grill.

ALL gauges working now, I fired it one more time to get a good cold oil pressure reading and it was 60psi idling at 800-1000rpm. The only leak I have right now is at the speedo pinion on the trans, I tore the little seal trying to get that stupid snap ring into it,,,so its in there torn with NO snap ring. Grrrrr, will pick up another and try again sometime soon. Got a little weeping at my master cylinder, I think I don't have the correct adaptor in. I bench bled the master but still have to do the lines yet. Getting closer. Hoping to be out for a cruise on Sat night!!! Woot woot

Of course there are other things that could spring up yet and ruin that plan,,,hope not.

Thanks for posting this vid..i was going to ask you for a walk around ;) i know we use this saying alot but you really did a great job on this car i really like it. Brad.

Car turned out very nice, awesome attention to detail....Love the push button start, I jsut ordered one from Autoloc along with matching buttons for all the other functions. Any advice on the install, was it plug and play ?

car turned out very nice, awesome attention to detail....love the push button start, i jsut ordered one from autoloc along with matching buttons for all the other functions. Any advice on the install, was it plug and play ?

x2

76orangewagon said:
Car turned out very nice, awesome attention to detail....Love the push button start, I jsut ordered one from Autoloc along with matching buttons for all the other functions. Any advice on the install, was it plug and play ?

Thank you very much fellas. I used Painless for my wiring and Ididit for the keyless start. Between both sets of wiring instructions it wasn't hard to figure out. As you can see in the video I had to push the button on the fob 1st, later I can change the programming so as soon as the fob is in range (aprox 10') the starter button will light up and be ready to fire. Also if you just want accessory power (radio) and not start the car, just hit the button without pressing brake. I was very happy with the outcome.
The only thing I'm choked about is it looks like I tore front seal on trans, got a leak there. Engine is sealed up nicely. I lubed up that front seal very well before sliding converter in since I had the same issue on a build many years ago and still managed to rip it.
Swapping out the prop valve today since on the weekend I couldn't get brakes to happen. Would bleed to all 4 corners but not pressure up. Had this happen before on a jeep, seal gone in valve so front and rear communicating, pushing fluid around in a circle. Master cylinder bench bled good and hopefully not the culprit.
And still need an alignment, but still hoping today I get a little test drive in :)

-
Back