72 Demon build.

-
Thanks alot boys,
HemiMark, i have been busy working on other people's cars at the moment..im helping a friend do the sheet metal on his 68 Charger it is rotten! ive been drilling out the spot welds for him and he has been welding in the new AMD sheet metal.
He put in a whole floor and trunk pan so far and i took off the quarters last weekend and the roof this week..prepping the roof structure for paint before the new skin goes on...this car is going to be mint when it's done its going it's original black on dark green interior with a 440 and a viper 6 speed!
I have been doing some small things to the Demon like weather striping, collecting more parts for the engine,
the cam i went with is an Erson high flo, with a 108 lobe seperation, .472 lift on both sides and 228 duration at .050 on either side, should be a nice street cam with a bit of chop.
I also finished restoring my ralley wheels, sandblasted, painted, with new trim rings and center caps.. i like the Cragars but want to do the factory looking theme also so im gonna clean up the 72 grill too and be able to make a factory looking 72 with a couple bolt ons when i feel like it ;)
Here is a picture of the ralley wheels on the car :D

Attachments

• jaspers charger 016.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 595
Well i finally got some updates..i repainted the 72 grill and put it on..i like the 71 alot but on my car im diggin the 72 :D
I got all the lights working and the rest of the electrical working and ready to fire the motor.

Attachments

• demon electrical nov 0019.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 512
  • demon electrical nov 0017.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 530
  • demon electrical nov 0015.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 516
  • demon electrical nov 0009.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 564
Almost done buying everything i need for the motor..still need valve springs, lifters, piston rings, and an oil pan..im thinking of getting the factory replacement Milodon one unless anyone has any better suggestions? just dont want a deep sump to have clearance issues because my Demon sits low.
I also got another 360 for free from a friend! we help each other out and always works out down the road =)

Attachments

• demon electrical nov 0030.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 555
  • demon electrical nov 0034.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 504
  • demon electrical nov 0035.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 518
Good work on the stock rims. They look great. I prefer the Cragers, but have to give you two thumbs up. Great work on the grille. Every time I see your car, it just gets better. Great work.:coffee2:

Thanks boys! i think i like it too ;)
Thunder, i like the Cragars too but also like the rallys...so they are just gonna have to take turns on the Demon :D

Finally decided on what guages i wanted, going along with the 70's theme i bought a Moon tach and some simple looking autometer guages :D

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 434
They're still in the package. What's the hold up? Will look good installed.:coffee2:

The car is a real eye catcher. I like that grille.

Thx boys, Thunder im just getting ready to do the christmas lights on my house..after that i will get on the Demon.:D

Im sure i have enough pictures on here already but it was such a nice day out i had to get some updated pics outside..i love my Demon :D

Attachments

• demon nov 020.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 379
  • demon nov 019.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 358
  • demon nov 017.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 392
  • demon nov 016.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 393
  • demon nov 012.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 375
Gauges look awesome. I knew they would look better in the car. You can never have too many pics of a ride as nice as yours. Great work. Sweet, Very Sweet.:coffee2:

Thanks Thunder :thumblef:
Mark all your toys outpower my little 360! i kept it mild too so i would most likely loose haha.
Big Block swap in the future?? hmm :yawinkle:

Finally got my short block together today..
Installed Hastings Moly rings on my new pistons and put Clevite 77 bearings on the rods and banged em home =) the motor spins over perfectly very happy with it all clearances and tolerances were perfect.
I bought a chrome oil pan for the 360 and for those of you wanting one in the future be prepared to spend some time fixing the deck surface..was not straight at all :wack:but is easy to fix with a bit of time.

Attachments

• demon dec 001.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 345
  • demon dec 003.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 303
  • demon dec 008.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 305
  • demon dec 009.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 326
Installed the new Melling HV oil pump and set my pickup depth using pennys :lol:
After that i installed the Erson High Flo cam spec
.472" lift on the intake and exhaust and Duration @ .050 is 228 on the intake and exhaust. The lobe seperation is 108. Used a set of Melling hydraulic lifters. Stay tuned for part 2

Attachments

• demon dec 011.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 317
  • demon dec 007.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 328
  • demon dec 019.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 336
Well i can finally do some "fun stuff" now such as painting:glasses7:
Mrtires24 hooked me up with a pair of mint doors that need only a sand and paint which was a huge relief..the other doors were toast! I wasnt a huge fan with the finish on the satin black por-15 i used on the undercarrige so at one point i may do a gloss black coat as well as on the k frame.

How did you prep the trunk for primer? And I am guessing that your undercarriage didn't have the undercoating option?

How did you prep the trunk for primer? And I am guessing that your undercarriage didn't have the undercoating option?
Hey, i sandblasted the trunk and the wheel wells all were undercoated as well as the torque box areas and trunk drop off areas and around the spare tire too.
I used a hammer and chisel and Ridgid power tool..took a couple days..nobody said building cars was easy ;)
Thanks Scamp i will be watching your build ;)

-
Back