72 Demon build.

-
Just wanted to say the car looks good.
I have to ask though, why would you
strip, prime and paint a car with the
windshield wipers on?
You do know they come off right?

The car looks amazing......:prayer:nice to see another BC Mopar on FABO! I am also very jealous of your shop......that thing looks gigantic!
Thanks boys!
71Demon440, yes im aware they come off but i put a dent in the cowl trying to take them off..they dont wanna come off lol so i fixed the dent and decided to leave em on..they are easy to work around ;)
Graminizer, yes im very fortunate to be able to work in this shop it is my brother in laws he lets me feed my addiction in there..almost ready for another one :D

Well im still waiting on my parts from the machine shop so i started to clean and paint all my other motor parts and after going through some spare parts i found a brand new K&N air filter that was an exact fit for the factory air cleaner..was meant to be :cheers:

Attachments

• demon sept 009.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 626
  • demon sept 010.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 654
Well it's been a while since I checked in on you......Wow! That Demon is looking awesome. You have definitely got a lot accomplished in a very decent amount of time. I guess now that my shop is complete, I have no excuse for not getting at it. I will be using what I've seen you do for motivation. Great job Brad....keep it up.

Well im still waiting on my parts from the machine shop so i started to clean and paint all my other motor parts and after going through some spare parts i found a brand new K&N air filter that was an exact fit for the factory air cleaner..was meant to be :cheers:

:thumblef:

Well it's been a while since I checked in on you......Wow! That Demon is looking awesome. You have definitely got a lot accomplished in a very decent amount of time. I guess now that my shop is complete, I have no excuse for not getting at it. I will be using what I've seen you do for motivation. Great job Brad....keep it up.

:thumblef:

Looking good!

Wilson
Ontario Canada
Thanks for the kind words guys, and gdrill i was a hermit in the shop all winter..got alot done during that time!
Im glad my build gave you motivation as i use others as motivation also :smile:

really nice demon im kinda partial to the look
Thanks i like yours also!
Well i got the block and crank back! i painted the block already and put the crank in today..
The crank was in great shape only needed a polish and a set of STD Clevite bearings. I plastiguaged and checked the endplay also..
-The bearings have an alowable spec from .0005-.0025 max, mine came in at .0015..within spec.
-The crankshaft endplay has an alowable spec from .002-.010 max, mine came in at .005..within spec.
Thats all for today but i will be back ;)

Attachments

• demon engine oct 009.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 534
  • demon engine oct 008.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 539
  • demon engine oct 005.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 517
  • demon engine oct 007.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 570
  • demon engine oct 002.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 540
  • demon engine oct 001.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 534
  • demon engine oct 003.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 556
She looks great but I think your stripes my be on the wrong sides. They seem like they are upside down ?

Looks like the bottom is to close to the wheel lip. I could be totally wrong, LOL

Attachments

• 1116.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 569
  • demon sept 06.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 527
Another comparison.

Attachments

• IMG_detail.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 523
  • demon sept 06.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 542
Well i got half of the car wet sanded but could'nt wait to finish the rest to put the decals on the areas i finished lol.:tonqe:

My eyes were seeing something too but I did not clue in. 99% would never notice.

The stripes are not on backwards..i just ended up hanging them lower than you guys wanted them, the top one has more meat on it just like jmillers demon pic but like i said i hung the top one lower and gave the bottom one a similar curve instead of being perfectly straight..
Remember guys im not building an H code 340 Barret Jackson showcar.. thanks for noticing tho..

The stripes are not on backwards..i just ended up hanging them lower than you guys wanted them, the top one has more meat on it just like jmillers demon pic but like i said i hung the top one lower and gave the bottom one a similar curve instead of being perfectly straight..
Remember guys im not building an H code 340 Barret Jackson showcar.. thanks for noticing tho..

No disrespect meant. Shes beautiful anyway

I don't think that little change in positioning matters one bit. Looks awesome.

Notice what?? Good to see you got the motor going together. Take your time.

Just my opinion here, but with such a beautiful paint job,I would have matched motor to the car.Just my opinion, we all know I'm not quite right in the head. Looks good.:coffee2:

No disrespect meant. Shes beautiful anyway

I don't think that little change in positioning matters one bit. Looks awesome.

Notice what?? Good to see you got the motor going together. Take your time.

Just my opinion here, but with such a beautiful paint job,I would have matched motor to the car.Just my opinion, we all know I'm not quite right in the head. Looks good.:coffee2:
Thanks guys no worries.
Thunder, i hear yah i wanted to do orange too but my whole program on this car was to keep as close to the originality of a 72 Demon which came with blue engines and the 71 came orange as far as i am aware..just wanted to do simple bolt on's like,
-Cragars, have the factory ralley wheels to swap.
-Grill, have the 72 grill to swap.
-Front fender decals, have the 72 metal emblems to swap.
Those are the main big ones anyways other than that for the most part i tried to stay true to what came on the 72 model..i know i changed the 340 to 360 but did it in a way that it may have came with one back in the day.
If i ever sell it i can put it back to the 72 with ease.

Thanks guys no worries.
Thunder, i hear yah i wanted to do orange too but my whole program on this car was to keep as close to the originality of a 72 Demon which came with blue engines and the 71 came orange as far as i am aware..just wanted to do simple bolt on's like,
-Cragars, have the factory ralley wheels to swap.
-Grill, have the 72 grill to swap.
-Front fender decals, have the 72 metal emblems to swap.
Those are the main big ones anyways other than that for the most part i tried to stay true to what came on the 72 model..i know i changed the 340 to 360 but did it in a way that it may have came with one back in the day.
If i ever sell it i can put it back to the 72 with ease.

SHe is "bad ***" and the blue looks super. Black interior?

I scored a 1972 Dart Demon 318 car with 25k miles last week. You wouldnt believe how good shape this car is.I have been away from old muscle cars for a while and now looking forward to getting back into it. This car is going to be perfect for this.Disc brake conversion,dual exhaust,cam,4 barrel carb and intake,and wheels and tires are all on the need list.Any suggestions would be appreciated.Also wondering, what size wheels and tires to go with?,i would like to go with Mopar rallies.ANOTHER NEED IS A GRILLE AND POSSIBLY A HOOD.ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT,THANKS.

I like the blue better. It pops against the orange paint.

SHe is "bad ***" and the blue looks super. Black interior?

I scored a 1972 Dart Demon 318 car with 25k miles last week. You wouldnt believe how good shape this car is.I have been away from old muscle cars for a while and now looking forward to getting back into it. This car is going to be perfect for this.Disc brake conversion,dual exhaust,cam,4 barrel carb and intake,and wheels and tires are all on the need list.Any suggestions would be appreciated.Also wondering, what size wheels and tires to go with?,i would like to go with Mopar rallies.ANOTHER NEED IS A GRILLE AND POSSIBLY A HOOD.ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT,THANKS.
HemiMark, speaking of "badass" is the video of your car on HemiDennys thread..that thing moves!
Welcome to FABO Hermie! your car sounds cool, start up a thread here so we can see what you have..we like pictures ;)
As far as your needs go all those things i would personaly buy new exept for the disc brake conversion (which can be found at a local junkyard) and the ralley wheels (check your local craigslist) also we have a parts for sale section on this site that will help you out too :)

I don't know where I have been, but I just found this thread. I think you have done an amazing job so far! I love the contast between the orange body colour and the white side stripes. I know how much fun it is to do a car like this, but I also know how much hard work it takes to get it looking as nice as yours does as well. Kudos to you for all the great work you've done so far and I'm looking forward to seeing more progress.:thumbup:

As you can see, I'm kinda partial to orange myself!!

Attachments

• moparfest 006 (Copy).JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 381
I don't know where I have been, but I just found this thread. I think you have done an amazing job so far! I love the contast between the orange body colour and the white side stripes. I know how much fun it is to do a car like this, but I also know how much hard work it takes to get it looking as nice as yours does as well. Kudos to you for all the great work you've done so far and I'm looking forward to seeing more progress.:thumbup:

This is a cool build...... any updates???

This is a cool build...... any updates???
Thanks alot boys,
HemiMark, i have been busy working on other people's cars at the moment..im helping a friend do the sheet metal on his 68 Charger it is rotten! ive been drilling out the spot welds for him and he has been welding in the new AMD sheet metal.
He put in a whole floor and trunk pan so far and i took off the quarters last weekend and the roof this week..prepping the roof structure for paint before the new skin goes on...this car is going to be mint when it's done its going it's original black on dark green interior with a 440 and a viper 6 speed!
I have been doing some small things to the Demon like weather striping, collecting more parts for the engine,
the cam i went with is an Erson high flo, with a 108 lobe seperation, .472 lift on both sides and 228 duration at .050 on either side, should be a nice street cam with a bit of chop.
I also finished restoring my ralley wheels, sandblasted, painted, with new trim rings and center caps.. i like the Cragars but want to do the factory looking theme also so im gonna clean up the 72 grill too and be able to make a factory looking 72 with a couple bolt ons when i feel like it ;)

-
Back