72 Demon Resto

-
These pix are not so good, but the stripes came out great last night.

stripeinstall.JPG

stripeinstall1.JPG

stripeinstall2.JPG

Glad for ya :thumbup: Gotta like it when there's no big issues. I'm looking forward to the same soon. Hope you have some sweet rides this summer.
Cheers

wow,nice going on the Demon,looking good.Not to hijack your thread,but is your Demon the same color as my Duster?and what color did you use on the kick panels,they look almost the same color as my interior and I need to dye some armrests.Id like to repaint mine the stock color if possible.
Picture023.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Great looking car!!! Definately one of my most favorite cars. The Demon has such a great history with the conflict between the extreme religious type and Dodge naming it the Demon. I used to walk to school as a kid past a chrysler lot in New Castle, PA. Every day I would check out the bad *** dusters with the little twisters and hood scoops, then down the line to the demons with the pitch forks.......I remember it like it was yesterday. All the time thinking man I wish I wasn't 10yrs old. Great memories. You definately have a keeper.

It looks like they are the same color B3 blue with "Bright Blue Metalic" interior. I got the paint/dye from Rob at www.mopaintusa.com. Give him a ring and he'll set you up with paint that is a perfect match. Tell him that Evans in Tennessee sent you!

Nice monoptn :thumbup:
I may see you out and around in it this year or next.

I still need to find my next A bodie :cussing:

I'm done, almost!

In late Jan, early Feb I bought this slant 6 demon, and here at the end of May, I'm driving it to work!

d5a.JPG

d1a.JPG

d2a.JPG

d3a.JPG

d4a.JPG

d6a.JPG

d7a.JPG

Perfect :headbang: the stripes, the color and a great owner.
That is an A of an A bodie. job well dun monoptn :thumbup:

memike said:
Perfect :headbang: the stripes, the color and a great owner.
That is an A of an A bodie. job well dun monoptn :thumbup:

Thanks memike. I'm excited to have it finished in such a short amount of time, and it's great fun to drive. When I bought the car, I hoped to have it ready for the Nats in August, and I finished ahead of schedule (but not under budget!) My 69 GTX will be staying home, even though it's the year of the GTX in Columbus.

When I bought this Demon and started the project back in February, my goal was to have it complete in time for the Mopar Nationals in August. I did, and it and the Demon made the trip up to Columbus and back with no issues, and got 17 MPG. The drive from Tennessee was 420 miles each way.

smalldemons.JPG

that's awesome! isn't it fun to just be on the highway cruising with a permagrin? that's a cool shot with the demon and white stripes as opposed to your black stripes.

Updated! I finished the Demon almost 2 years ago. Since the last posts, I've been driving the heck out of it. I added an 8 3/4 3.23 open rear, which will get a sure grip added this winter. A while back I ordered a cheap hoodscoop, and just now got around to installing it. I've blacked out the hood and installed the stripes, and drilled the holes in the hood. I'll repaint the scoop (need some primer and sanding as it's showing some sandpaper marks), then bolt it down. Here's a test fit photo after I finished striping it tonight!

scoop.jpg

-
Back