72 Swinger 5.7 HEMI

-

5.7Dart

BarelyaCuda
Reaction score
Hey out there to all! I am fairly new to this site. Got my first Dart in August and have been hard at it ever since.

I've never done anything this extensive, and their ain't no Chilton Manual for something like this.

Rather than clutter this page up with tons of before and during pics I'll keep it short and sweet. Besides, anyone reading and seeing this has seen plenty of stripped A Bodies.

Basically rust free /6 with breeze.

Bought a total loss 2004 Ram 1500 HEMI 2 wheel drive truck. (cheap)

It has been a boatload of work making these two into one, but it has been worth it. This is my rookie effort--I've learned many lessons--but I love this car!!!!!

DSC06101_101_077 (Small).JPG

DSC06111_111_085 (Small).JPG

wheel and brakes 001 (Small).jpg

painted engine in 4-4-08 001 (Small).jpg

console 001 (Small).jpg

console 002 (Small).jpg

console 003 (Small).jpg

console 004 (Small).jpg

console 005 (Small).jpg

INTERIOR DONE  4-23-08 005 (Small).jpg

wow nice looken, I just finished helping someone put a 5.7 in a '72 duster

Your car rocks! Can you post some pics of the engine compartment that show a little more detail?

And a few more. By the way, this thing is lightning quick and fast, handles like a go-kart, will idle all day without overheating, can tow 8,000 pounds, and gets 20+ MPG.

INTERIOR DONE  4-23-08 009 (Small).jpg

INTERIOR DONE  4-23-08 010 (Small).jpg

INTERIOR DONE  4-23-08 012 (Small).jpg

INTERIOR DONE  4-23-08 014 (Small).jpg

WOW!! That is one gorgeous car!! I agree more pictures! What exactly did you do to the inner fenders and the firewall??

74 DUSTER, here ya go. You end up with 1/8" top, bottom, left, and right. You can't pour water down through it, but it works.

engine 001 (Small).jpg

engine 002 (Small).jpg

engine 003 (Small).jpg

engine 004 (Small).jpg

engine 005 (Small).jpg

That is one niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice dart. Great color choice and love all the custom work.

And you've done all that in 8 months ???? Wow.............:salute::salute:

WOW!! That is one gorgeous car!! I agree more pictures! What exactly did you do to the inner fenders and the firewall??

Thanks Winnepeg. I beat those covers out of sheet metal--the kind you would use to patch a quarter panel. I originally wanted them to be body color, but they looked rough as hell. Hit 'em with bedliner stuff--hides everything.

I'd like to see that car up close. Too bad you don't live a little closer.:(

Nice artistic touches.

You've got some talent there son!

I like them done up different than the norm myself, and thanks for the pictures.
I think you may have just motivated more guys here than you realize.

Awesome, awesome job!!

Do you have a shop? I'll ship mine to you so you can have your way with her!!
=P~ Nice car man hope to see more of the car in the pics :notworth:
More more its like car **** :heart::blob6::supz::cya::wav::salut::salut:

Is that rear air conditioning I see there ????

I'm in line after hippo, please. =P~

Rear heat and AC--crazy, huh?

Driveline is all RAM. 5.7, 5 speed auto--4th and fifth gears are overdriven. 2300 RPM @ 75 MPH. RAM 3:91 Posi unit. Boyd Coddington wheels, BFG rubber. I full-framed this car as well--it's as stiff as the Queen and can tow anything!! And the receiver hitch is hidden behind the hinged license plate.

Wow man, that is absolutely awesome.
I would love to do something like that with my 74 Dart, but sort of assumed it just wasn't possible financially.

Man though, that is one awesome project you have done.
I really am in awe...
I love the interior for one, the custom center console is awesome, although I will admit I'm a 'shifter in the console' kind of guy, although my Dart doesn't have that.
Then the rest of the body looks great.
I wish you lived closer to me, I'd love to see it.
Any chance you'll be at Carlisle?
I'd love to see it up close!

like your color choices, very clean looking with a lot of modern touches

on your panels under the hood I can understand bedliner, but couldn't you paint them body color and have the same hidding effect? just a thought

hard to believe you didn't go back green.................LOL

Regarding the harness covers, the metal was too thin--looked wavy. Body color would have made them look like my son did them. Hence, the hide-all stuff.

-
Back