73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
yhese kinds of things and attention to detail are what i find sets the mopar especially A body guys apart from every other bunch of enthusiasts. this car is gonna be a beaut!

Very nice pieces. I am really enjoying your build. Great work. I may have to take advantage of that water jet too if possible. I have an idea for the rear carrier mount for my build...

yhese kinds of things and attention to detail are what i find sets the mopar especially A body guys apart from every other bunch of enthusiasts.

Really??? Not to take away from 76OW is doing here because it's great, but you've got to check out other sites...

Very nice pieces. I am really enjoying your build. Great work. I may have to take advantage of that water jet too if possible. I have an idea for the rear carrier mount for my build...

Really??? Not to take away from 76OW is doing here because it's great, but you've got to check out other sites...

I have to agree with you 100% I look at other sites builds for some awesome idea's, Lateral-G .com has some professional builders doing jaw dropping things with metal although 90% are Camaro's, the same principals apply to all automotive application's, there is this Coronet twin turbo hemi from Australia thats is total bad ***.....almost made me cut out my entire firewall and copy it...but them I came to my sense's and put down the cut off wheel. I'll see if I can find the link and paste it.

Found it...man is this thing beyond word's.... enjoy

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=23340

I have to agree with you 100% I look at other sites builds for some awesome idea's, Lateral-G .com has some professional builders doing jaw dropping things with metal although 90% are Camaro's, the same principals apply to all automotive application's, there is this Coronet twin turbo hemi from Australia thats is total bad ***.....almost made me cut out my entire firewall and copy it...but them I came to my sense's and put down the cut off wheel. I'll see if I can find the link and paste it.

I just went through the TT Coronet thread........ super.... I thought I was a master fabricator when I modified the glove box liner. LOL

Everything that shop builds is stunning and mind blowing. I hit up lat-g and pt for a lot of inspiring ideas of how to spend my hard earned coin, like V10's, and IRS and junk. Another of my favorite builds is not on a forum that I know of but it's the Viper Bee being built by Paintshop 101/Muscle Rods (also the same guys building my hood). It's a twin turbo V10 Bee with other Viper inspirations that will also be painted like an ACR-X. Freaking HOT! I tried the paint scheme on a rendering and it wasn't working, but it fits this build perfectly.

http://paintshop101.com/ps101_060.htm

^^^INSANE BUILD^^^ Thanks for showing us!

my piont wasnot the super shop with 20 guys working there. i'm talking about the home builder. the one man, one car, one time guys.trust me i like thier work and, they are so nice that they usually end up sitting, all the time, cause if you get the first rain on it, it will melt or something. or it is way too radical to drive with any kind of frequency. in my estimation the home restorer/fixer upper guys have to use thier immagination.JMHO

my piont wasnot the super shop with 20 guys working there. i'm talking about the home builder. the one man, one car, one time guys.trust me i like thier work and, they are so nice that they usually end up sitting, all the time, cause if you get the first rain on it, it will melt or something. or it is way too radical to drive with any kind of frequency. in my estimation the home restorer/fixer upper guys have to use thier immagination.JMHO

I can appreciate where you're coming from but I have to disagree and say you're wrong. Guys in the garage often use their imagination but guys in the shop do it WAY more. And if you closely followed some of the big builds, you would see that now days, more often than not, they are getting the snot driven out of them. On top of it, you specifically referred to Mopar guys and "especially A body guys". Again, not to disrespect anybody on this board, or any other for that matter, because there are some great builds on here, but for the most part the Mopar guys are often the least imaginative, from my perspective of the builds I follow. And I follow multiple builds on multiple sites, all makes, small shops, big shops, home builts, etc. Part of the reason I went the direction I did on mine was being tired of seeing nothing but street/strip Mopars. They're a dime a dozen and I wanted to be different. Now if you are referring to parts availability, I'll cut some slack on that one because there aren't a dozen options for front/rear subframes with the latest and greatest in factory suspension components available from the local dealer (i.e. C6 with DSE, RS, Jakes, Speedtech, etc, etc). In that respect we do have to be a bit more creative at times, but that creativity runs few and far between from what I've seen. Again, no disrespect to the creative and out there builds happening on this site and other Mopar sites, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "yhese kinds of things and attention to detail are what i find sets the mopar especially A body guys apart from every other bunch of enthusiasts."

Sorry for the jack 76OW. Back to your fabbing man!

I assume by your avatar you are in the Air Force, I think we should put our heads together and name your car.
As you know I didnt name mine, my friends did.
If we could work in a 30mm Gau-8a we could call it the "Patty Duster"
In the mean time are you going to put some reinforcing on the rear axle tube? It would probably be wise with a 4 link.
Andrew

quote=blue missile;1478565]I assume by your avatar you are in the Air Force, I think we should put our heads together and name your car.
As you know I didnt name mine, my friends did.
If we could work in a 30mm Gau-8a we could call it the "Patty Duster"
In the mean time are you going to put some reinforcing on the rear axle tube? It would probably be wise with a 4 link.
Andrew[/quote]
Andrew,
Your right I'm a proud member of the Air Force...I actually thought about doing a silver and blue two tone paint scheme using the Air Force symbol across the hood and draped over the one fender seperating the colors.
Back a couple pages I showed some pics of the back brace I came up with..I ordered a Art Morrison 2 piece and wasn't happy so made my own out of 3/16" steel, this should help out some for reinforcing purposes, heres the pics again.....

Attachments

• brackets 011.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,640
  • brackets 009.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,616
  • brackets 008.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,585
  • brackets 005.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,643
  • brackets 015.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 1,637
To give you a better idea of what I'm talking about ...Here's the symbol I was talking about in the last post ...imagine it the size of the late 70's Pontiac trans am hood decal draped over the drivers fender on a silver car

Attachments

• fighters_f16_0021.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,619
  • af 2.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 1,591
Darrell,
Thanks for stopping by, I like the firewall idea's you gave me just have to work out some of the issues and make the long trip to Summit for the Master Cylinder...If any other members want to stop by and give or get some Idea's let me know.....At the rate the new Ideas that keep coming my way I might have to hold off on paint for another season.

I would save a ton of time if my trips to summit were as "long" as yours. At least Marie's is between home and there. I'll stop by again the next time I get up that way.

All I can say is WOW...frickin' incredible !!!! I thought the bouncing cowgirl was impressive but wow..

Man your build is awsome!!! Looking good, gives me motivation to start working on my car!! Keep it up!!!

Well now that I'm back from the Nats, I've decided that the Duster wont be B3 Blue, actually it wont be a period factory mopar color at all, I'm not saying I've picked a color just that I have eliminated some. Thanks to all who made the trip enjoyable. Hey Denny I also thought of another body mod ...surprise, surprise.....

I'm just wondering if this idea was thought of before the 55 gal drum of Rum was consumed? :hello2:

either way I look forward to it!

It was thought of yesterday while taking some measurements....you talked about it a couple years ago on the 1971....heres a hint...fuel

Do that hood treatment ...please!
If I go with Silver for the main color I will definatley look into accenting it with a large draping logo..after seeing Denny's tribute car it gave me a couple more idea's, But I'm leaning toward a high impact color just not a traditional 1970's Mopar one..might have to change the fender paint code from TB3 to 999....or U3

-
Back