73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Chromoly upper and lower control arms

fits like a glove....(OJ Simpson)

I see you went with the rectangular cross brace also.
The motor mounts look great! QA1 must have finally delivered the ball joints.

How many hours do you think you will have into welding the K member up?

I was waiting so patiently until I saw those pictures. Now I'm stoked for mine to get finished up and sent out.

speaking of fit....here the tire at full lock, this is before I roll the fender

Attachments

• duster 030.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,203
I see you went with the rectangular cross brace also.
The motor mounts look great! QA1 must have finally delivered the ball joints.

How many hours do you think you will have into welding the K member up?

I was waiting so patiently until I saw those pictures. Now I'm stoked for mine to get finished up and sent out.

Hope it's worth the wait.....but I'm anal about giving you the best

this set-up is a couple of updates better then the relic under my car...I'll be updating mine as soon as I get caught up.

When I get yours and a couple of other packages welded up and complete (almost done)...I will post plenty of pictures...applications...and of course prices

absolutely jaw dropping badass. i love it.

and where are the coilovers going?

the usual location....because of the slam (lowered an x-tra 2")
one of the missions today was to determine lower shock location/ mount height for optimum shock install

sounds good.....doesn't it?

the usual location....because of the slam (lowered an x-tra 2")
one of the missions today was to determine lower shock location/ mount height for optimum shock install

sounds good.....doesn't it?

Sounds good to me! I would have rather been with you boys than sanding dry wall... Looking good.

Sorry we (Weeb, Scruffs, Ross and I) missed ya... especially at the sandwhich place
I'll send seat covers w/Hemi Demon

figured id ask. i wouldnt put it past you guys to pushrod activate them mounted inside the fronts of the inner fenders with some sorta wild bellcrank system just to mess with people.

figured id ask. i wouldnt put it past you guys to pushrod activate them mounted inside the fronts of the inner fenders with some sorta wild bellcrank system just to mess with people.

good idea...I'll get to work on that!

someone get me a pencil and a cocktail napkin...and a cocktail!!!!

Here's the suspension travel I had before and after the inner fender modification.

Attachments

• duster 006.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,117
  • duster 040.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,102
So you sliced out some of the outer vertical section of your inner fenders so they are raised up? (sorry for the dumb question, just not quite seeing it)

So you sliced out some of the outer vertical section of your inner fenders so they are raised up? (sorry for the dumb question, just not quite seeing it)

me too! maybe you could back up a little, and give a wider shot.

the mods look great ...and in my opinion (not everyone always agrees with me...so take it for what you want)...it is a lot easier to raise the tunnel and extend the inner fenderwells than do a mini-tub. Also ..if you raise the tunnel and go at least 24" past the trans crossbrace...you have room for a FUTURE install of a Gear Vendor OD unit....just something to think about

Kinda had a feeling I was gonna have to ditch the inner fenders on my car to get my ride height I want good thing I didn't weld my firewall back in yet too Guess I can raise my whole tunnel as well.

me too! maybe you could back up a little, and give a wider shot.

okay let me back up a month or so....since a picture is worth a thousand words, here's a couple thousand for you to take in. This should clear things up.

Attachments

• duster 011.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,254
  • duster 015.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,077
  • duster 016.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,074
  • duster 017.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,063
  • duster 020.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,069
I don't see any potatoes...especially the small ones???

It really wasn't diffficult, but could have been easy to screw up (if that makes sense). The nice thing was it was a fairly cheap ($69.00) modification and that was since I purchased a driveshaft tunnel from Chassisworks, other than that it was just very time consuming. So I wouldn't say it was exactly small potatoes, but it wasn't a 2 lb. Idaho tater either. :thumblef:

well....you made it look easy anyways...just like the DYI home improvement shows on HGTV.

they make a weeks worth of work..look like it took an hour

but, seriously, at least your not all twisted around trying to cut/fab/weld..like a mini-tubing modification

Awesome. Thanks for the pics.
How does the driveshaft tunnel factor in to this?

Awesome. Thanks for the pics.
How does the driveshaft tunnel factor in to this?

Since I raised the Motor/Transmission combo..I needed to give enough room for driveshaft clearance, especially at the rear of the Transmission.
Since the Combo was raised about 3/4" I decided to stick with my 1.5" precut strips I used in the engine bay and keep everything the same number instead of 1 1/2" here and 2" there and then 3/4" over here (you get the idea)....nice and uniformed.

-
Back