**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
Will that super Victor stuff fit under the flat hood? You should check out that little blue 418 MRL built. I copied the cam and heads on my 416 that was a 508 hyd, but haven't ran it yet.

I am with you on a running car NOW while the projects get worked. Much faster, cheaper, and then you make it better.

Well what I am going to do is pull the Turbo stuff off of the Stroker motor I have and change the Intake Manifold to the M1 and put a Carb on it so it will run NA. Yesterday I ordered the M1 port matched to Brian's RHS Heads he did for that motor. He is knocking down and making the plenum transition to the runners smooth. Anyone who has ran an M1 knows the Plenum is junk out of the box.

I will be ordering up a 2 stage NOS Kit to top it off. The 904 in the car already has a Billet front drum, 5 clutch pack, Koleens, bolt in Sprague etc. It has a 3000-3500 stall in it also and a 391 gear. I can always add a TBrake if need be. If the trans don't hold up I will put the full out 727 that I have behind it that has all the goodies ready to go.

The NOS system will have its own dedicated fuel pump "Walbro GSL-392" and 2 Gallon Fuel cell mounted where the Battery Tray use to be. This will be filled with 110VP Fuel that I can buy out of the pump at my local truck stop fuel station. Pump Premium will be on tap in the regular fuel tank.

The car has a MP version of the MSD box already in it. I will either get a NOS Retard for the current set up or run a Digital 6 box. But I think the Digital 6 only has a single stage for NOS. I will verify.

Again, I am going to do my best with the pre planning and having all the parts etc on site so it is a Weekend swap.:burnout:

Well the car was supposed to be here this morning. I called the driver to make sure and he said he wont be here til later this afternoon between 5-6pm. Talk about ripping a Lolly Pop out of a kids mouth..... Lol

On another note I started gathering parts. I picked up a hardly used set of TTI Step headers with the W2 flange "RHS heads have the dual pattern". And a never opened never used 150-250 Cheater NOS system with a full bottle. So far on these parts alone buying them used I have saved right at $800.00 over buying new. Searching for the other things I need hopefully I can save a few more bucks.

Well the car is here.. The over all condition of the car is pretty much like it was stated. The paint is beautiful, Interior is super clean except for it needs a New headliner which I was told it was in perfect shape. It looks like a 30" piece of duct tape was put on it and then ripped off so all the color is gone. Both hinge covers are broken on the bench seat and there is a whole in back of the passenger seat which I knew about. There is NO STALL CONVERTER in the car at all. I was told there was a 3000+ stall in it.......... It blows the tires off at will right off idle. I hold the brake and it starts smoking the tires at 1200 RPM. The fuel system is not adequate with 2 real bad kinks starting at the sump and another one in a rubber hose right before the Electric fuel pump on the frame rail. The gas tank is also leaking from up top a little so I am guessing the Donut at the fill neck is wasted. The fuel sending unit works but it looks like EPOXY was used to seal the complete unit into the tank.
The transmission seems real strong in the 1-2 shift and it will STAY in 2nd gear, well at least to 5K RPM "thats how far I took it" and it will not shift into 3rd until you let off the throttle a bit and the shift seems weak. The Lil 340 has a good grunt til about 4K RPMs and then it starts to lay down. It might be because of the kinks in the fuel line?? I also need to check the timing etc. It is PIG Rich, I am a walking exhaust fume right now. There is also a horrible vibration like something is out of balance, maybe even the engine. I will check the damper. It does have a spool in it and when steering around corners it PUSHES the little tires up front a whole bunch. It does need an alignment but I was told that it needed one.

I am uploading a video and a few pictures in a little bit.

When looking under the car there is a 2" Block in the back to get it that low. There are also the traction bars, everyone knows these don't work on mopar's!! The bars I will unbolt and get rid of. There are some Old Hooker Super Comp headers I believe on the car. They look like 1 3/4's. One of the tubes on each side exits the inner fender well. I have not washed the car it is still dirty from the trip.

Attachments

• php3DJDlcPM.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,037
  • phpxQNwMEPM.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 979
  • phpWf26PQPM.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 950
  • phpViGVYwPM.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 972
  • phptugfJyPM.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 977
  • phpP1YurrPM.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,199
  • phpRnGFTuPM.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 989
  • phpJcx5rqPM.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,058
  • phpDjwdU2PM.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 990
  • php8BoLsxPM.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 982
Love that stance! I assumed it was a lowering block in there. Any idea what spring if they are stock or not? I like that look. I bought some 2" lowering blocks id like to copy that look. Nice car looks like you did good.

Love that stance! I assumed it was a lowering block in there. Any idea what spring if they are stock or not? I like that look. I bought some 2" lowering blocks id like to copy that look. Nice car looks like you did good.

I will slowly start messing with it this week and see if there is a part number on the springs. I will take pictures etc for you. With the spool it is trying to twist the blocks out cause they are pretty crooked.

On another note......

I did find the header stamp, I filed on it and they are Hedman Hussler's 1 3/4 Tube with 3" Collectors that have been cut off and they welded in and added a cut out right there.

Also in Park the car has a serious Vibration until 2500 RPM..... it is even worse when you drive down the road. I do believe the engine is out of balance, either the converter is out or the damper. It does have a newer damper on it so maybe someone knew there was an issue? Like stated earlier the car DOES NOT Have a 3000+ Stall converter in it like I was told that it had. :banghead:

Might make sure they have the right flex-plate and correct size bolts installed for that "high stall" converter. If they changed the damper already, it would be an obvious place to look. (Please don't ask how I know).

Might make sure they have the right flex-plate and correct size bolts installed for that "high stall" converter. If they changed the damper already, it would be an obvious place to look. (Please don't ask how I know).

Yeah I'll check it all out this week. Lil stupid things need attention like the throttle spring needs more tension, need to adjust the kick down, tighten band on Trans. I glanced at the fuel pressure And its at about 2.5 lbs. so between that and the pinched fuel lines I would say that's why it falls off at 4 k. I will be doing a full tune up on it. It does light those drag radials off like nothing and they had 12 lbs in them LOL. Of course I checked it after I lit them off over and over again on my driveway, just like I was in the burn out box gettin it all sideways and everything, tire frying smoke everywhere!! Haaaaa

The reflection takes about 20lbs off... :)

Cool it showed up.

Glad to see the Scamp made it Louis.I,m sure you,ll figure out most of the vibration issues after your overall inspection.Good luck.

Those headers on the car are pretty good...

Where are the smoke show videos?

Nice, now quit "stalling" and hose that thing down with the juice already!

Yeah I know I'm slacking! Time to pick up the pace.

Crackedback

Those headers on the car are pretty good...

Where are the smoke show videos?
They hang low but look pretty cool. I'm going to have my sand blast buddy clean them up and I'll paint them.

I'll get some vids and post them up!

Messed with the car for breakfast. Found out the Fuel pressure is spiking to over 15PSI when the pump kicks on the regulator and gauge are JUNK. I adjust the regulator with no change then tap the gauge and it bounces all over the place. It has a Holley Blue pump. I will be replacing all of it with a return line. I took off the traction bars and oh boy what a difference. Those bars were actually stopping the car from trying to hook. I checked the timing and adjusted the carb "Choke was almost all the way closed at Full Operating Temp" and took it for a run before I found out the fuel pressure was spiking. Carb is a Carter 600 Vac Secondary #1406. It runs a heck of alot better and it actually surprised me a bit..... but did fall down at 4500 RPM it is basically flooding out from too much fuel pressure. Small back fire out the exhaust and I let out of it. Timing was 18* initial and 39* all in at 2300 RPM. It has an MSD 8534 in it so I will be taking it out and adjusting it so it has a MAX of 16* mechanical advance in it. There is no Vacuum Advance.

After the run, the car would not start in Park. Neutral it fires right up. Reverse lights are on in Park...... Time for a new safety switch or maybe a small adjustment will fix it.

As far as the springs go. There is no Part number I could see. There is however 8 springs in the pack on the passenger side and only 6 springs on the drivers side.

View attachment IMG_5016.jpg

That fuel line going thru the leaf springs doesnt seem too safe...

Yes that too..... LOL
There is a kink right there in that bend and another kink in a rubber hose right before the fuel filter...... It is a HACK JOB..... it is all getting fixed/Replaced

No worries I will Mad Dart -erize it before it is all said and done!! :D

I have all the fuel line. I will be ordering a new pump, regulator, gauge and filter today.

Yes that too..... LOL
There is a kink right there in that bend and another kink in a rubber hose right before the fuel filter...... It is a HACK JOB..... it is all getting fixed/Replaced

No worries I will Mad Dart -erize it before it is all said and done!! :D

I have all the fuel line. I will be ordering a new pump, regulator, gauge and filter today.
Your work always inspires me to do more badass **** to my truck. I hope by fall to have built a roots blown 360 so I can run with the big boys:glasses7:

she's a pretty car! nice bro

my guess on the vibe... same as yours, probably damper/crank/flexplate/tq conv mismatch somewhere. what year is the block?

it would be nice if you had a spare gas tank around, that one is probably pretty nasty up inside.

but man, that is a nice Scamp!

-
Back