**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
You have one very sweet ride dude. I just love that car. :prayer::prayer:

Ordering a Cage from autoweldchassis.com , 12pt Chromoly. A Pillars are bent to go through the dash. I can not buy the material for how much this one costs already bent. I will probably install the 8pt portion and then add the halo and forward portion at a later date.

$370.95 12 Pt Cage
$265.00 Chromoly upgrade
$39.95 Rear bars to follow Roof Line into trunk & Clear Rear Seat
$20.00 if you want it all pre notched.

http://autoweldchassis.com

Ordering a Cage from autoweldchassis.com , 12pt Chromoly. A Pillars are bent to go through the dash. I can not buy the material for how much this one costs already bent. I will probably install the 8pt portion and then add the halo and forward portion at a later date.

$370.95 12 Pt Cage
$265.00 Chromoly upgrade
$39.95 Rear bars to follow Roof Line into trunk & Clear Rear Seat
$20.00 if you want it all pre notched.

http://autoweldchassis.com

Adding weight is only going to slow you down. :-D

On a serious note has your buddy started on the 67?

Adding weight is only going to slow you down. :-D

On a serious note has your buddy started on the 67?

Yes I know…. Lol I will just smack it with more Juice. It gets a little hairy on the top end on the Juice. No cage and lap belts is freaking me out.

No….. The 67 is still in the corner on stilts. He took on some other projects. I am ok with it as long as I have a running car!

Finally squared the car up today. The previous person that worked on the car butchered the front spring hangers. The passenger side was off by 5/8" and had to go toward the front of the car. I also squared up the leaf springs. They were off by 3/8". The car would pull a little to the left still and that was with a huge adjustment in the cal tracks to make up for it. The Car should go straight as an arrow now.

Also took off the lil rubber bumper stops on the bumpers front and rear.

Ordered some Precision Solid U Joints that should be here on Tuesday. After those get installed I will start leaning on the NOS alot harder.

I got 1 bottle in the trunk and 2 Filled ready to go. The NOS Filling station works great!

View attachment IMG_5746.jpg

View attachment IMG_5747.jpg

View attachment IMG_5748.jpg

View attachment php0IL28EPM.jpg

View attachment phpF6uL6QPM.jpg

Ordered a new driveshaft it was just too damn short. I needed one 2" Longer. Ordered a 3.5" .083 Wall with solid 7260 U joints…… $225.00 Also bought a new Transmission Pinion Yoke $66.00
I will keep the other solids I just bought as spare's on the bench.

Ordered a new driveshaft it was just too damn short. I needed one 2" Longer. Ordered a 3.5" .083 Wall with solid 7260 U joints…… $225.00 Also bought a new Transmission Pinion Yoke $66.00
I will keep the other solids I just bought as spare's on the bench.

So that number worked out well?

If so, cool he'll put a 7260 ends in it for you.

Got notified this morning that he had to upgrade me to a 4" Shaft .083 Wall. The 7260 Weld Yokes were on back order.

12pt Chromoly Cage is ordered. Seats, Belts, Shifter are up next after I figure out which ones I want to use.

I was reading your thread last summer but haven't been on here much this fall/winter. All caught up, looking real good! I'm going to tackle a 904 myself soon, it's going behind a 340 in '71 sweptline ratrod lowrider project I'm working on with my kid. I've watched those YouTube videos on the 727 rebuild, plus I have a couple books. Besides the sprag not bolting in, any other notable differences? I have a reverse manual valve body going in just to keep my shifting pattern the same as the Demon. Good luck with the rest of your mods!

I was reading your thread last summer but haven't been on here much this fall/winter. All caught up, looking real good! I'm going to tackle a 904 myself soon, it's going behind a 340 in '71 sweptline ratrod lowrider project I'm working on with my kid. I've watched those YouTube videos on the 727 rebuild, plus I have a couple books. Besides the sprag not bolting in, any other notable differences? I have a reverse manual valve body going in just to keep my shifting pattern the same as the Demon. Good luck with the rest of your mods!

Yeah lots has happened…. Lol

They are almost Identical except everything in a 727 is bigger. Air test etc are all the same ports. If I can build one of these transmissions anyone can! I can say in all honesty I was totally afraid to do it until I started tearing into it. They are so easy it is crazy. Easier than building an engine for dang sure.

Cool, thanks. I've built a couple 360s, my 416 and just finishing up the 340 for the truck. Like you, I've always shy'd away from tranny work since it looked complicated from an untrained eye. I figured since there is no rush on this build why not give it a go, and save a few bux at the same time. My shop needs press, so I can buy that with what I save :)

Well I am keeping the column shift & bench seat in the car for now. Ordered a 3 step module…..will only use 2 for now. Called Joe at Transact for a T Brake Valve Body.
The Trans Brake button will be mounted in the front of the seat…. Stealth-Sleeper mode. The seats will come out and I will TIG Weld a mounting point for the button onto the seat frame. Also I got the Upholstery guys contact now. I will have him notch the bottom part of the seats for the Crotch part of the 5 Pt Harnesses & stitch the T Brake Button hole so it don't tear.

Tbrake will activate the Launch RPM. I also ordered a 3K Chip pack for the Launch. The converter should flash to 5K or so launching with the NOS.

Something trips my trigger about a Column Shifted, Bench Seat Sleeper that is capable of running in the 9's. Gunna try to get it there!

Cage should ship out next week.

Got lots to do!

View attachment IMG_5793.jpg

View attachment IMG_5794.jpg

Build something like this and stuff it in the glove box, ash tray. Turns a regular 2 step into a three step. Or use them to set your 3 step.

Need just the top part. Couple of linear potentiometers and some wire. Same as the msd adjustables without the cool sticker.

Build something like this and stuff it in the glove box, ash tray. Turns a regular 2 step into a three step. Or use them to set your 3 step.

Couple of linear potentiometers and some wire. Same as the msd adjustables without the cool sticker.

That is a cool set up……. You incognito stealth mogul!

Messed around today in the shop. Finally took the column apart……that was a job. Now that I know what to do and I made a tool, it will be easy.

Ground on the shifter gate so I can pop second gear without going into 3rd. This is a RMVB on the column. I will be pulling the VB that is in the trans and installing a Transbrake Valve Body next week. I got some wiring to do! Transbrake, Line Lock and 3 Step. I also will be installing the Wide Band…… Probably going to wire it all TOMORROW and have everything where it needs to be so when the parts get here….Bammmm, Done.

View attachment IMG_5795.jpg

View attachment phppUj9M9PM.jpg

View attachment phpkPnYGFPM.jpg

View attachment phpFvIdpSPM.jpg

View attachment phpAz7d1ZPM.jpg

Well I am keeping the column shift & bench seat in the car for now.

Something trips my trigger about a Column Shifted, Bench Seat Sleeper that is capable of running in the 9's. Gunna try to get it there!

Cage should ship out next week.

Got lots to do!

View attachment 1714688687

View attachment 1714688688

I like to way you think! Thanks for posting up that steering column shifter modification might need to reference that later.

Called on the cage… Supposed to ship this week.

RMS Adjustable Strut Rods arrived this morning. He changed them a bit. They came Powder coated black and the notch for a wrench is already in the tube. Sticker'ed and everything…. Lol

Just got off the phone with Joe at Tranzact & ordered a PRO Billet Transbrake valve body with LOW Band Apply. The Low Band Apply was an extra $25.00 so $600.00 to my door. Good thing about his Valve Body's is there are NO Modifications needed to be done internally, all is handled by the Valve Body. Simple 1 Wire Hook up.

Got all the wiring pretty much done for everything. Little bit to finish it up is all.

Upholstery guy just called me back. He is slammed and said I can drop off the covers in a couple weeks Feb 1st to be exact. He will do the modifications to the seat covers that I need to make the 5 point harnesses work. I will do any fab work/welding that is needed to make everything clear the springs etc.

I have also contacted GZ Motorsports. I will most likely be adding a Vacuum Pump to this motor before I hit it with more Juice.

Ordered up all the parts for the Ford 9" housing Victim that is laying in the shop. I did all the measurements yesterday and it will fit under the car with the stock fuel tank…… so it is staying. Back Brace, 2 3/4 Fill from Pro Werks, Drain and New BIG FORD Chromoly housing ends. Staying with the leaf springs.

Lots to do!

wow, you were able to talk to Joe at Tranzact? Thats a miracle...I tried contacting the guy god knows how many times after ordering my valve body for a span of a few months...left messages, sent emails, all for getting more parts....NOTHING

wow, you were able to talk to Joe at Tranzact? Thats a miracle...I tried contacting the guy god knows how many times after ordering my valve body for a span of a few months...left messages, sent emails, all for getting more parts....NOTHING

Yeah I called him on Friday and he wasn't there. My trick this time was I let the phone ring at least 25 times, put my cell phone on speaker and started working on something else…...and he finally picked up….. His parts are the chizzle but he is hard to get ahold of sometimes for sure.

-
Back