**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
Nice chrome alternator. Ha! JK.

Lol, It will match the new valve covers, Pulleys etc for the Vacuum pump! Chrome and polished stuff is a pain in the *** when you actually use your stuff. Show stopper, parking lot hopper not so much. All they do is look at their **** and polish it!

You know chrome/polished makes it faster! haaaaa

:burnout:

Car is looking badass. Just bought a cat back for my SRT8 and about to put my GTS Dart back in the garage. Have to start working on it soon... Happy 4th Louis.

Lol, It will match the new valve covers, Pulleys etc for the Vacuum pump! Chrome and polished stuff is a pain in the *** when you actually use your stuff. Show stopper, parking lot hopper not so much. All they do is look at their **** and polish it!

You know chrome/polished makes it faster! haaaaa

:burnout:

Years ago I went into a local dealership and ordered a deep pan for a 727. Guy behind the counter was one of those overly excited guys who wants to be everyone's buddy, and he assumed I wanted chrome and ordered it that way. I go in a week later to pick it up and he pulls it out of the box and shows it to me. I cringe and ask him why it's chrome (I ******* hate chrome) and he gets all butthurt that I didn't like his decision to change my order to chrome. I went ahead and took it home, since it's under the car and no one will see it anyway, but made sure I specified NOT CHROME whenever I ordered from there.

That engine set up with a low tension ring package?

You're really going balls-out with this build, I hope the suspension can handle it on the street lol.

That engine set up with a low tension ring package?

You're really going balls-out with this build, I hope the suspension can handle it on the street lol.

Yes low tension GFX Ring Pak, second ring is Napier and the top ring is stainless steel nitrated. At this point I don't know if I ever would use low tension rings again. I do not believer there is that much gain from using them. It is a catch 22 situation is my thought.

The motor has some blow by so I am trying to control the oil from entering the cylinders on the NOS Hit. At some point I will be upping the NOS to about double what it has now.

Rear suspension will at some point be swapped out with the 9" I got cut up and ready to go. Ladder Bars & Coil Overs will be on the menu for that one as of now.

This will not be a surprise to hear.... The previous owner welded the front hanger boxes when they did the inboard moving of the leaf springs about 3/4 of an inch "CROOKED". I have been trying to adjust it so it goes straight on the hit. I have relocated the centering pin to help. There is NO Room to move the spring forward in the box it hits it. So the choice was either change up the boxes or weld in the front support for Ladder Bars........

I drive the wheels off of this car. It will soon see some track time after I get the shifter hooked up and the rest of the junk installed........ I would rather take my time and do everything right and the way I like it then rush it.

Married, 3 kids, 2 in college 1 at "The Juilliard School of Music in New York" and the other starts her 3rd year at UC Irvine, 3rd one is a Singer, Dancer, Actress on the hunt for a career...... My family is very expensive right now & very time consuming.... both of my cars would be done, done, done for sure.

This will not be a surprise to hear.... The previous owner welded the front hanger boxes when they did the inboard moving of the leaf springs about 3/4 of an inch "CROOKED". I have been trying to adjust it so it goes straight on the hit. I have relocated the centering pin to help. There is NO Room to move the spring forward in the box it hits it. So the choice was either change up the boxes or weld in the front support for Ladder Bars........

Wow that is pretty far off, maybe he just eyeballed it and welded er up. Sounds like a local chassis shop that used to operate around here - the guy never heard of a plumb bob or knew how to check a chassis for square. We used to call him "dog" cause all his cars dogtracked and never hooked up.

Wow that is pretty far off, maybe he just eyeballed it and welded er up. Sounds like a local chassis shop that used to operate around here - the guy never heard of a plumb bob or knew how to check a chassis for square. We used to call him "dog" cause all his cars dogtracked and never hooked up.

Yeah must be same crackerrrrr..... Lol , I knew something was wrong when I measured the blocks that use to be under the car. They were built at different heights "because of SS Springs that were under it and different Angles! Pretty funny hack work for sure.

Vac pump install.... So much for it bolting right on. The bracket needs to be modified for it to work. I need to make a trip to Ace Hardware in the morning for some fasteners.I scratched my head on all the configurations for at least 1 Hour..... Frustrating for sure.

So now I will have 3 mounting points for the bracket. It swivels and clears everything. I believe the belt will be too long but we shall see.

I should have it completely installed by tomorrow minus the vacuum gauge line. I am missing the fittings.

View attachment phpzpVLedPM.jpg

View attachment phpea2XNiPM.jpg

View attachment phpwziB78PM.jpg

View attachment phpDg85KfPM.jpg

So much for a bolt on deal...... Cut Chop Rebuild in progress!

The crank mandrel is too thick on the mounting side toward the balancer. The bolts are not the right thread pitch...... I need to chuck up the crank mandrel in a lathe and cut 1/2" off the back of it. This will allow me to put the water pump pulley where it belongs and also give me enough room for a future crank trigger wheel. The mandrel already has the provision for it on the face of it for the crank trigger. These type of upgrades are set up for electric everything. I had to hold the Vac pump as close to the head as possible or the mandrel nut/cap assembly would hit the fan on rotation. The Cog Belt is 2" too long as I figured yesterday.

I pre ordered all my an fittings and i guessed wrong. I need 4 90* so the straight I bought will not be used.

Us Mopar guys need a full machine shop to make anything work on our cars it seems!

Things to do to make it all work in Unison......

1) Order new Belt
2) Go get 6 new shorter 5/16 x 20 x 1.5" bolts for mandrel
3) Order new 90* fitting
4) Shorten / Modify Mandrel
6) Mount Canister.
7) Re work valve covers. New breather/oil fill assembly's are too loose for my taste.
8.. Tap/weld in 4an fitting for Vac Gauge

View attachment phpbLcZc1PM.jpg

View attachment phpKKO6yFPM.jpg

View attachment phpm6J5bdPM.jpg

View attachment phpK2OlkMPM.jpg

View attachment phpk6oqvePM.jpg

View attachment phpaA0OIsPM.jpg

View attachment php1VxHfaPM.jpg

View attachment phpc54JiCPM.jpg

View attachment phpaaPHcPPM.jpg

View attachment phpUuGlP6PM.jpg

Where's your shroud??!!

J/K, looks like a clean install, now that you've re-engineered it lol.

Lol.... I don't run a thermostat either..... 2 unforgivable sins! :wack: :sign3: :banghead:

I am not going to touch the cooling system! This car runs super cool just like it is. I have a smaller crank pulley 5" I believe. 4 Core cross flow aluminum radiator, PRW 8 blade water pump, Viscous clutch fan. The car runs around town 170-190* in 100*+ weather. Stop and go traffic it might see 205* start moving again and it comes right back down. Coming down the freeway at night I have seen the gauge at 140-150*, maybe a little too cool. That is where a thermostat would help.

Yeah the install will work out fine. If someone had an electric water pump and electric fans it would make the install much easier.

I am supposed to pick up the Mandrel today from the shop. I took it to the guy that built my Sand Car. He has every tool known to mankind! Lol

Ordered a couple new belts, the correct fasteners I got at Ace Hardware and I ordered a couple more fittings to finalize the install of the Vac Pump. I hope to have it all done by tomorrow, that is if everything gets here.

Still waiting on the Mandrel. I guess I got thrown to the back of the pile!

Everything else is done on the Vac Pump set up accept the gauge line ran into the car. I took the breather assembly off today and dremel tooled the punched valve cover holes so I got more thread on the back side of the nut for the breathers on both sides. I use a generous amount of red locktite on the threads.... They will never come off unless I use a torch to heat them up and melt the locktite back down to liquid form.

The overflow tank for the Vac pump is now securely mounted and I moved the Beep Beep horn assembly out of the way of the overflow tank and in front of the core support. Looks clean and like it came that way.

Picked up the Mandrel this morning. All is good and the belt I ordered fits perfect with no adjustment needed!

I am just waiting on some -4 Braided hose & fittings so I can install the Vac Gauge. I have not fired the car as of yet.

View attachment phpFm3CxYAM.jpg

View attachment phpuTmEvRAM.jpg

View attachment phpd9ao5UAM.jpg

View attachment phpx9GkyiAM.jpg

View attachment php87lqndAM.jpg

View attachment phpD4VxjqAM.jpg

View attachment phpry3mgIAM.jpg

View attachment phpPFTNJKAM.jpg

View attachment phpGM5g9tAM.jpg

View attachment phpLX3MIfAM.jpg

Dont forget to prelube the pump... :)

Funny you say that. I called GZ and asked the if the pump is pre oiled and his answer was yes they are pre oiled and ran/tested before shipment............ I don't trust anyone with stuff like that so YES I will be adding an ounce or so before I fire it off!

Finally pulled the drive shaft and replaced the Trans tail shaft seal with the boot version. For some reason my non boot seal seeped a little. While I was down there I drained the Trans fluid and prepped the TBVB for install. I'm letting the pan drain over night so I hopefully don't get so dirty on the swap. Gotta pull the seat back out and drill the floor for the shift cable too.

I also drilled and tapped the FP block off plate for the fitting that well go to vac gauge.

Going to try and get the TBVB and shifter all hooked up by Tuesday. We shall see.

Wow, you are a man on a mission this year! I thought I've been getting lots done on my '71 sweptline, but when I come in here to look at your thread I feel like a lazy bum...lol.

Nice work!

Old VB is out. I tapped and drilled the solenoid connector this morning. I used my angle drill and went from inside the case outward there was no room from out to in. I had to cut down a drill bit to make it happen. I am going to pick up a new trans filter and some new trans fluid. My front band was a little out of adjustment so I took care of that while the VB was out. Everything is cleaned up and ready for install...... Had to quit early and go to my regular job......... I started at 7am and ended right before 9am this morning.

what water pump you running? looks like aluminum housing? i got a 5.9 mag engine that im putting LA timing cover on. would like the weight savings of the alum pump.

-
Back