**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
I have put 9500 miles or so on my W2 headed 408 in the last two years, this includes two Hot Rod Dragweeks, round trip from Phx to Vegas many trips back and forth to work. This also includes 65 drag strip passes.
The solid roller lifters have never been rebuilt and are doing great but I have gone through three sets of Drag radial tires.
The car has gone the best of 11.06 at a 122,

Glad to see that you use it! Most don't.

Dang that is crazy! Time to get set up with your own fill station if you use NOS and live in your area. At those prices it would pay for itself very quick!

The reason, I responded... The shop rate on Nitrous +,was 4.50 a decade ago. I co- invested ,in a local Holley distribution buyout,on a refill station.(400 bucks).I sold my side off,in parts & trade. When my partner was selling on his own,asking 5.00 a pound.(against 4.50 a pound buy in ?).

The reason, I responded... The shop rate on Nitrous +,was 4.50 a decade ago. I co- invested ,in a local Holley distribution buyout,on a refill station.(400 bucks).I sold my side off,in parts & trade. When my partner was selling on his own,asking 5.00 a pound.(against 4.50 a pound buy in ?).

Wow!

Messed around with mocking up the shifter today.

The shifter cable seems to be the perfect size at 6 Foot. If I need more cable I will route the cable through the seat belt hole in the seat. I put on the harness/belt before finalizing where it will mount. I can reach it good all the way into park and it is very comfortable. It will for sure take some time to grow on me.

At some point I will be replacing the steering column to get rid of the factory column shift or doing the mod to make it look as if it came with a floor shifter. The bracket will get painted the same color as the cage and the wiring will almost disappear when I am done with it.

View attachment phpdlxRpOPM.jpg

View attachment phpLbFaOiPM.jpg

View attachment phpINkiGKPM.jpg

View attachment phpq1g7HFPM.jpg

View attachment phpHRb1nMPM.jpg

I would definitely radius those corners on the back edge of the shifter mount. Maybe even lop off an inch or so beforehand as well. Looks great otherwise.

I would definitely radius those corners on the back edge of the shifter mount. Maybe even lop off an inch or so beforehand as well. Looks great otherwise.

The back is radius'd. You can't see in the pictures I posted but it has a 90* bend on it and radius on both sides that goes down toward the seat, there are no sharp edges anywhere. I did leave it a little long for a switch panel to mount behind the shifter for future use. Ignition switch, start button etc. It will take me a little while to get use to the idea and it being there.

View attachment 1343-l.jpg

I wanna see some time slips from this monster

I don't know about a monster...... Iron Headed 410 CI only has 9:1 Compression on Pump Gas with a little bit of NOS!

The shifter will take care of the "N" Safety issue once its all wired up. I will be adding a Bosch Relay cause the "N" safety is + trigger and the "N" Saftey on a Mopar is negative trigger when using the factory Start Relay. Pretty easy to do.

I still need to build a catch can for the radiator overflow. I have all the stuff.... Just need to do it.

If I install the trans brake valve body I was told they will hit me for a Trans Blanket and an overflow catch can for the trans. I need to look into that some.

Hoping for a test and tune day here very soon.

Been keeping up with this thread a couple months now very nice build Louis great attention to the little details I like that makes that car look very clean. I've been keeping my mouth shut but I'm thinking 10.90 on motor 10.50 on the juice if you can stick it! Hows that?

Been keeping up with this thread a couple months now very nice build Louis great attention to the little details I like that makes that car look very clean. I've been keeping my mouth shut but I'm thinking 10.90 on motor 10.50 on the juice if you can stick it! Hows that?

Shoot I am hoping for better. If not I am going to order one of Tony "AKA" 70aarcuda 's wicked *** 360's! He gots that **** nailed!

I will at some point be spraying the bageebers out of it! 300 hit or more... No BS

Nothing like plenty of notice. LOL

I'd have got the Aspen together to head down had I known last week. Trailer needs some tires and that isn't happening the next two days.

-
Back