**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
It is on the ground. I turned the torsion bars 4 turns on each side and the front went down
3/4". I can go at least another 1" in the front. Ladder bar is 3* down in front as it sits. I am happy with the way it is turning out. Now I need to finish the trunk and get the Cell mounted and the new floor done.

[ame]http://youtu.be/fKuIBmtNmBI[/ame]

View attachment IMG_6996.jpg

View attachment IMG_6997.jpg

View attachment IMG_6998.jpg

View attachment IMG_6999.jpg

View attachment IMG_7001.jpg

View attachment IMG_7002.jpg

View attachment IMG_7003.jpg

View attachment IMG_7005.jpg

View attachment IMG_7008.jpg

Most likely I will be trimming the lower ladder bar mount off and getting rid of the lower hole and taking about 1" out of the ladder bar cross member for clearance. I will weld in a piece of flat bar across the cut part of the cross member to gusset it back up.

Lookin good! Off topic but what are you using for breather caps and pcv valve? They have a grommet? Or retainer nut I side valve cover?

Lookin good! Off topic but what are you using for breather caps and pcv valve? They have a grommet? Or retainer nut I side valve cover?

I am using a Vacuum Pump. No PCV at all. The fittings have big *** nuts on the back side and are sealed with a gasket that sits on top of the cover before the fittings go on. Same with the Oil Fill on the passenger side Valve Cover. Vac Pump has a canister mounted by the radiator up front and that can has a breather on it for the Vac system.

Very nice as usual! But what's up with that big garage and no lift?! lol Like myself, your back must be hating you by now?

WTF... Where is the stinkbug mopar SS spring look! FAIL...

LMAO

That ride height looks awesome! :cheers:

Very nice as usual! But what's up with that big garage and no lift?! lol Like myself, your back must be hating you by now?

Thanks!

A lift would not work well for this job because you would run out of room for jack stands. Lots of moving stuff around as well as all the lines you need on the ground to square the car up, but..... YES a lift sometimes would be nice.

Nah, my back is fine! I have a desk job so getting out and moving around like I am 20 years old is good for me! :blob:

Awesome stance, love how the wheel is tucked inside the well.

Thanks! I am pleased with the stance. I can go another 1.5" down but I think I will leave it there. I can also bring the front down to match. Clearance..... Well it might scrape a dead rabbit off the road that 5 semi trucks have already squashed though...... Lol

I like it that way. Not sure I'd go lower. It's a while ago but it reminds me of EvilB1's swinger years ago on moparts. You do nice work for a guy with a desk job ;)

I like it that way. Not sure I'd go lower. It's a while ago but it reminds me of EvilB1's swinger years ago on moparts. You do nice work for a guy with a desk job ;)

Yeah, I am going to leave it where it is for now.

I did Metal Stud Framing for 14 Years, Mig welded hundreds of miles of wire....... Used stick on the light structural stuff. Was Certified.

Metal Shop & Auto Shop when I was a Kid all the way through High School. I always was tearing stuff up and trying to figure it out since I was very young. Mom's Toaster, Radios, just about anything. Then came 3 wheelers and motorcycles. I was porting my own heads back when I was 11-12 years old on them things! haaaa

Gas welding and Arch Welding was my thing back then. The teacher use to have me teach all the other kids the technique on all the welding machines etc cause he was busy using school time to make side $$ on projects for people he knew. I use to help him with that stuff as well. He would have me help him build picket fences, gates and Jewelery Safes made out of Stainless, etc, etc.... Some pretty trick stuff for WAY back then. Late 70's early 80's. Damn that was a long time ago! haaa

More progress.

I figured out the exhaust today. It will dump out by the right and left corners of the lower valance. Up a bit hidden out of sight. The TTI Tail pipes will be cut up and used over the axle. I will be using some 5" round style mufflers. most likely about 14" or so long on the body. I have not decided on which ones to use just yet.

Fuel system is mocked up and the trunk floor needs to be bead rolled and finished up before I set the Fuel cell in there. I will be trying to get every part that I have mocked up and on the car this weekend.

View attachment IMG_7012.jpg

View attachment IMG_7016.jpg

View attachment IMG_7018.jpg

View attachment IMG_7019.jpg

View attachment IMG_7021.jpg

I've been following yours and crackback's build, you cali guys sure build some nice street cars. nice to see guys building and fabricating their rides.
very good work !

Sheet metal looks good, i was curious how you were going to do that.

So was I!! Lol

I Was going to try 1 piece and I think I might have got it in but it would have had to stay there forever! No taking it in and out for bead rolling etc. The trunk gets a mat so I figured why not make it easy.

So was I!! Lol

I Was going to try 1 piece and I think I might have got it in but it would have had to stay there forever! No taking it in and out for bead rolling etc. The trunk gets a mat so I figured why not make it easy.

When i was looking at moving that section back with a strip like you were talking about it seemed like quite the chore with all the contours meeting up right there. That's why i just let my shocks angle in a degree or two, wasn't worth all the effort to me. lol

I just ordered all the exhaust parts I needed. I went with the 3" Dynomax Bullet Race mufflers that are 4" Round and the body is 12" long.

It will go from headers to the Tweek Chamber I made then snaked through the ladder bar cross member to the tail pipe section that goes over the axle to ust past the rear of the tire it will then turn past the frame and then hit the mufflers in that open section under the rear quarter then it will dump in the corner on both sides just above the rear valance where it meets the end of the rear quarter so it is not seen. when walking around the car.

It's too bad you and I don't live closer Louis. Think about all the shananigans we'd get into with ours cars on the streets! Damn it would fun. Stance is just right and that rear fab work? That chit is awesome!

The work looks killer! I've got a little 66 Dart waiting for some ladder bar/coil over treatment. Do you happen to have any pictures of the ladder bar cross member? Did you use heims on the front and solid rod ends on the rears? Thanks!

-
Back