**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
The work looks killer! I've got a little 66 Dart waiting for some ladder bar/coil over treatment. Do you happen to have any pictures of the ladder bar cross member? Did you use heims on the front and solid rod ends on the rears? Thanks!

It is this one

https://www.cachassisworks.com/p-15...spension-with-1-58-crossmember-no-shocks.aspx

Solid everything! The Hiems are pretty big and beefy. Probably the beefiest out there.

You still need shocks & brackets & shock cross member to make a full kit. With shocks etc I got about $1250.00 into the Ladder Bar set up.

Here is the complete kit....... I decided against it because I wanted to use Strange Shocks and QA1 springs. Plus I used different brackets and cut them up different on the housing so my shocks did not go into the trunk. If I wanted the car to sit REAL high in the back then their kit brackets would work.

https://www.cachassisworks.com/p-15...on-with-1-58-crossmember-with-coil-overs.aspx

It's too bad you and I don't live closer Louis. Think about all the shananigans we'd get into with ours cars on the streets! Damn it would fun. Stance is just right and that rear fab work? That chit is awesome!

Lol.... Yeah we would get ARRESTED! haaaa

It is this one

https://www.cachassisworks.com/p-15...spension-with-1-58-crossmember-no-shocks.aspx

Solid everything! The Hiems are pretty big and beefy. Probably the beefiest out there.

You still need shocks & brackets & shock cross member to make a full kit. With shocks etc I got about $1250.00 into the Ladder Bar set up.

Here is the complete kit....... I decided against it because I wanted to use Strange Shocks and QA1 springs. Plus I used different brackets and cut them up different on the housing so my shocks did not go into the trunk. If I wanted the car to sit REAL high in the back then their kit brackets would work.

https://www.cachassisworks.com/p-15...on-with-1-58-crossmember-with-coil-overs.aspx

Cool, thanks man! Did you have to cut the floor at all for the front ladder bar mount?

Where did the crossmember ends land??

What hole in front did you end up using?

Cool, thanks man! Did you have to cut the floor at all for the front ladder bar mount?

Where did the crossmember ends land??

What hole in front did you end up using?

Middle hole on front ladder bar bracket. No I did not need to cut the floor anywhere. I did however cut the front ladder bar bracket off FLUSH with the cross member so the cross member could PUSH up all the way against the floor tight, this got rid of the top hole in the bracket..... I have 1 hole left to lower the car and 2 more below where it is now to raise it up. The rear shocks have 2 1/4" left in adjustment both ways "Up and Down"

Cross member is welded to the subframe connectors. I also added a gusset tube from the cross member back to the subframe connectors to tie it all together.

Nice work, sir. Did you go with 32" or 36" ladders?

Thanks for answering all my questions. I can't wait for a video of your car back on the road.

Worked on the car. Started at 7:15am.... Was by myself. Ended at about 3:00 no breakfast, no lunch and no break at all. Damn.........

I got the trunk all mocked in and under the new trunk tray, Fuel Cell and Pumps etc.
Started getting ready to do the exhaust. The safety loop had to be shortened up. Suspension is at full droop and then some with the shocks off. I got it up there nice and tight so my TWEEK CHAMBER will have plenty of room.

View attachment IMG_7031.jpg

View attachment IMG_7033.jpg

View attachment IMG_7035.jpg

View attachment IMG_7034.jpg

View attachment IMG_7042.jpg

View attachment IMG_7043.jpg

View attachment IMG_7047.jpg

View attachment IMG_7048.jpg

Worked on the car. Started at 7:15am.... Was by myself. Ended at about 3:00 no breakfast, no lunch and no break at all. Damn.........

Fricken slave driver... did you call the labor board on yourself? :)

Nice work.

Fricken slave driver... did you call the labor board on yourself? :)

Nice work.

Lol.... I get all a bug and don't like to quit until the progress gets to a certain place. I seriously thought I would get the trunk done by 9 or 10am at the latest. I looked at my clock after I did the bead rolling and had it set in the trunk....... it was 11:25 am , I was like WTF??? haaaaa

View attachment beatdeadhorse5.gif

I just ordered more parts that I need to complete the front brake's. New lines. Wheel bearings, seals, dust caps, basically all new stuff. I already have the drilled and slotted rotors & Wilwood Calipers. I am using the adapters from Mancini to run the calipers. All that stuff I already had on my parts shelf along with Tubular uppers from RMS - Reilly Motorsports.

When under the car yesterday I was looking at the lateral locator bar that comes with the ladder bar kit. It is pretty wimpy so I just ordered 1.25" x .120 wall chromoly tube and 1/2 x 5/8 Chromoly Rod ends, mis alignment spacers and weld in bungs. That should keep the rear in its place! I know for sure the other one would have bent at some point.

The exhaust parts should be here by Wednesday so I will have a few more rounds of work to mock the rest of everything up before it gets torn apart and the housing etc go off for powder coat.

Exhaust parts showed up. Waiting on a few more items to get here. A couple more all day sessions and it should be back on the prowl.

On the fuel system I am going to have 1 pump on with the engine and the second one I will have turn on at 3800 RPM with a RPM activated switch. I will also have an LED Light turn on so I know the pump is getting triggered to turn on.

Nice Louis, when are you going for more compression in that stroker?

1 Project at a time. The plan is to keep it like it is for a bit and then I will buy the new camshaft etc and gather the other parts so it is only down for about 2 weeks on that project.

Most likely I will be swapping in the 727 that is built and ready on my engine stand. It has all the good stuff in it. Bolt in Roller sprague, Billet front drum, Transbrake etc,etc,etc. We will see.

I got the back half of the exhaust all mocked up and tacked in. I will adjust the tips after the car is back on the ground. I will finish up from the Tweek Chamber to the front of the housing tomorrow and this weekend. Lots still to do.

After it is all tacked together I will take it apart and weld it up outside the car. I found some Aluminized High Heat paint so that is the color it will be.....

View attachment IMG_7065.jpg

View attachment IMG_7066.jpg

View attachment IMG_7067.jpg

View attachment IMG_7068.jpg

View attachment IMG_7069.jpg

View attachment IMG_7070.jpg

View attachment IMG_7071 2.jpg

Could you take some better shots of how you went through the ladder bar crossmember and ladder bar area? I have a diagonal link now and I cant see how I can get 3.5" or 4" out the back of the car, thats what I would really like to do.....

Could you take some better shots of how you went through the ladder bar crossmember and ladder bar area? I have a diagonal link now and I cant see how I can get 3.5" or 4" out the back of the car, thats what I would really like to do.....

Yes for sure I can do that when I get there...... Lol

My cross member is right at the tunnel area that starts to raise up under the seat. It will fit the way it is.

I may want more clearance though. If need be I will cut out a section there in the floor and slice up a piece of 3.5" tube and section in that area of the floor to raise that area a bit. We sill see how it goes later this afternoon.

-
Back