74 power wagon dream truck...

-
No thank you! You've always been awesome and thoughtful..
Thanks man, you too.
I have a co-worker from MS that comes north to our plant in WV and he needs a few parts off it.
He is restoring a Little Red Truck for his wife and a Warlock for himself.
He bought an aluminum head 360 mag off me last time he came up.
Shame to part out a running truck, but you cant save them all.

Thanks man, you too.
I have a co-worker from MS that comes north to our plant in WV and he needs a few parts off it.
Putting out decent trucks sometimes is a necessity to keeping hundreds on the road... And by far the most profitable way... A few years back I came close to making the deal on a warlock that had been in a bad accident but they were far too off on price and of all things wanted to keep the tailgate... Lord knows the only thing left of value...

I would say is that truck done yet but I will make bad luck for me again lol. Hopefully bed done this week?

Thanks man, you too.
Here's the mirror I got... I actually seen one in an old Dodge van at the swap meet and thought I liked it a lot more than the factory truck one...
PXL_20220420_220534843.jpg

Talking to a friend the other day who has a used car lot and says he has a guy any front windshield seal and labor $150! I said what's that number! But knowing it ain't going to be that cheap because I'm not like my friend getting one once or twice a month. I called and he said 320 window seal lock strip and installation..
Still cheaper than 400 or 450... Made the appointment for today it was supposed to be nice out he said between 10:00 and 11: 00am.. 11:00 I call him and he said my technician will give you an hour notice before he gets there I said he was supposed to be here by now. He said I'll call you right back no call for an hour I call back and he said he's about an hour and a half away I said is that an hour ago when I called you and you said you'd call me back or an hour and a half from now?. He said he called about a half hour ago and then I get a call from the technician and he says 2:00.. (there goes my day..) he shows up precisely at 2:00 I pull my truck out and he said you said something about the back windows too and I said yeah so the front windshield is 320 and I was wondering what you charged to put in the little club cab windows in the back window? I have them and I have the seals.. he said oh no the front windshield is going to be 480!... Needless to say I sent him packing and called my friend at the car lot and told him what happened...
My wife and I were able to get one of the little club cab quarter Windows in and we'll do the other tomorrow...
Probably for the best...

Talking to a friend the other day who has a used car lot and says he has a guy any front windshield seal and labor $150! I said what's that number! But knowing it ain't going to be that cheap because I'm not like my friend getting one once or twice a month. I called and he said 320 window seal lock strip and installation..
Still cheaper than 400 or 450... Made the appointment for today it was supposed to be nice out he said between 10:00 and 11: 00am.. 11:00 I call him and he said my technician will give you an hour notice before he gets there I said he was supposed to be here by now. He said I'll call you right back no call for an hour I call back and he said he's about an hour and a half away I said is that an hour ago when I called you and you said you'd call me back or an hour and a half from now?. He said he called about a half hour ago and then I get a call from the technician and he says 2:00.. (there goes my day..) he shows up precisely at 2:00 I pull my truck out and he said you said something about the back windows too and I said yeah so the front windshield is 320 and I was wondering what you charged to put in the little club cab windows in the back window? I have them and I have the seals.. he said oh no the front windshield is going to be 480!... Needless to say I sent him packing and called my friend at the car lot and told him what happened...
My wife and I were able to get one of the little club cab quarter Windows in and we'll do the other tomorrow...
Probably for the best...
I buy my windshields, and have the local place install them for $150. I had to tell them they needed butyl with the gasket. They swore by their experience with semi's, and not needing it. I had a slight leak and it seemed to seal on it's own. If it leaks at any time, they have to take it out, add butyl and reinstall on their dime. Made sure that was agreed upon before they left. Got lucky I guess, but they will be using that goop from now on.

I know when I took the window out of my 80's ram, it looked super easy to install. I'd be tempted to do it myself if I were in your shoes.

It probably is best that you do it yourself.
Money for other pursuits and windows that don't leak.:thumbsup:

I'm glad you sent that guy packing, he clearly is a gouger .
Oh I clearly told him that I know the window and seal cost $200 all together I've been told that by two other places one that wanted to charge $400 and one that wanted to charge 450. And the only reason that they're there is because I was quoted 320... So now I'm going to get jacked up another $160!?... I told him I flat out don't have that much money...
Of course I did but I wasn't going to tell him that... I told him I was quoted 3:20 your 4 hours late wasted my whole day and now you want to charge me more than anybody else in town... He said he was having a busy day that's why he was late and I told him your day isn't busy anymore...

Put the windshield in your self they are easy.
I had a broken one changed in a 78 power wagon, $150 including the glass. The old guy re-used the gasket.

Put the windshield in your self they are easy.
I had a broken one changed in a 78 power wagon, $150 including the glass. The old guy re-used the gasket.
I pulled the old one out of the dirt in the back yard behind the shed where it's been since last year.. dug the old seal and lock strip out as well...(stored inside) Going to clean it all up and give it a try tomorrow...:thumbsup:..

Probably for the best...
Scumbags. So the "tech" was a Sub, and decided to Gouge ya... I hate that ****

The lock strip windshields are so easy, a deaf mute blind drunk could do it. Kitty and I swapped out Vixen's windshield in under 15 minutes. In typical woman fashion she said "Is that all?"

The lock strip windshields are so easy, a deaf mute blind drunk could do it. Kitty and I swapped out Vixen's windshield in under 15 minutes. In typical woman fashion she said "Is that all?"
A higher up larger four wheel drive truck windshield (with new paint..) might have a couple more challenges, but we're going to give it a go with the old window and gasket...
The original plan was to get a new windshield and gasket ($200) and at $120 for install and warranty...
Looks like the Lord has a different plan and I'm good with that..:thumbsup:..

Have done them by myself, takes some patience but not very difficult. Just make sure you have the paint well protected before you start. I had a shop replace a windshield decades ago and was left with dozens of deep gouges in my paint, which they tried to claim were there before. Yeah, right. As soon as I threatened to sue them, the entire cost was suddenly waived.

Have done them by myself, takes some patience but not very difficult. Just make sure you have the paint well protected before you start. I had a shop replace a windshield decades ago and was left with dozens of deep gouges in my paint, which they tried to claim were there before. Yeah, right. As soon as I threatened to sue them, the entire cost was suddenly waived.
I'm not sure what to do to protect the paint as I'm not even planning on coming close to it. My game plan is to one clean the hell out of the window and seal and stick the seal in there put tons of soap and window cleaner all over it and have my wife on the inside of the truck and have her hold on to what will be the passenger side as I slide it across the seal from the driver side outside and get it all the way over into the passenger side a little bit and have her jump out and hold it up and in there and I'll put a stool out there for it to stand on. Then start working both the bottom side edges till I can get both the sides in then work the top in..

The nabor lady called it the white ghost...
Probably because it's white and she barely sees it LOL... I haven't had it out of the garage that much...

Last edited:
Dang that looks nice!

Cley
Thank you! I paid an extra $300 and he did the raptor liner on the inside... When I get the truck done I'll probably have them do the bottom 6 in of the truck on both sides in that raptor liner...

-
Back