74 Swinger Project

-
It was a car my in laws bought for my wife when she was 16. I found it 160 miles from where she traded it in almost 10 years ago. Mistake was thinking I could trust a shop to restore it while I was deployed. Second mistake was calling them liars while they still had the car......hence the need for a new motor and trans. To quote Farmer Fran (water boy) ....."we live and play another day!" Kharma's a *****.

Duster Daddy, thanks. Been cruising it to a few local shows. Joined a local club for Antique vehicles. It is the loud pig but all the old dudes love it. Down to plumbing the wife's car and screwing up stuff on my 72...

Putting a 74 together right now. Have really enjoyed your build. Doing a similar build on mine. Great looking car you have!

Took the Dart out for a show...one of 4 Mopars. Had fun in the sun.

caringshow-1024x653-jpg.1714752042

View attachment caringshow (1024x653).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the plates......I still have my original California Blue Plates from when the Dart was first registered. Last time I went to put the new sticker on, I peel off all of the old ones
and found the 1974 registration sticker at the bottom.....

I dig it. Just so happens That NC FABO member has a ton of plates. Picked up one for the 72 but it isn't as nice as this one. Veteran's day parade this weekend if I can!

The Antique Auto Club joined into the Veterans' Day Parade and one of my daughters came with me. Was supposed to have a WWII vet in my car but a number of participants were ill. God Bless America!

dsc_0441-jpg.1714765630

View attachment DSC_0441.jpg

Wow, how cool is that!
I couldn't help but notice the smile on your daughters face. I have a 12 year old who still has that smile when I take her places and spend time with just the two of us. As I'm sure you know, at times that smile doesn't show up as much when they get a little older.
Enjoy her and the 74.....

Funny that my oldest decided to hate me for awhile...now she wants to make plans with me. Hunted with both of them this weekend. Didn't get anything but enjoyed the time. Parade was great.

I was on the road traveling today so my wife took my oldest to the annual AACA holiday dinner in the 74. They apparently had a blast.....this is the second time the 18 year old made a trip in the car. She is number 1 of 6....second set of braces is the reason I stopped on my 72! Love them all, but they are kinda like these old cars, something always needs fixed and paid for!

holiday-shot-jpg.1714777175

View attachment holiday shot.jpg

I was on the road traveling today so my wife took my oldest to the annual AACA holiday dinner in the 74. They apparently had a blast.....this is the second time the 18 year old made a trip in the car. She is number 1 of 6....second set of braces is the reason I stopped on my 72! Love them all, but they are kinda like these old cars, something always needs fixed and paid for!

You're the richest man in town. Never forget that...

Black tie fundraiser tonight. In case anyone was wondering, an entire corn hole set fits in the back seat of a Dart. Wife put one ticket in the bucket....winner!

Car made a top thirty place at a local event. Great time. Won free lunch, the 50/50 for 400 bones and had a great morning with the wife and three of the kids! Could have been a bit warmer, but overall a great day.

image-jpg.1714804609

View attachment image.jpg

I would throw the 440 in it the way it sits, make sure the suspension is safe and drive it.

@ Sireland...I has some Flinstone front floor pans and the 8 3/4 rear with 70s ladder bars is an unknown. I already have a few irons in the fire. Was building the motor to sell....trying to finish the 72!

I see you had some fun today. Nice to hit the 50/50. Me and my three ladies (Wife, Challenger and Dart) made the GoodGuys show this weekend.....I won Mopar Muscle Pick with the Dart. Nice to have the car shows starting up again!!

-
Back