9 mm gun, what to get?

-
I've been shooting a Beretta PX4 Storm all week and I really like the feel. Just wish I didn't have to qualify at 25 meters (75 feet) with it.

Riddler

I've been shooting a Beretta PX4 Storm all week and I really like the feel. Just wish I didn't have to qualify at 25 meters (75 feet) with it.

Riddler

CBSA Eh? I applied for them once. They didn't like my answer of shooting a criminal in the knee if he tried to escape during my interview process :D

I will say, Glock is a very decent firearm. But they do NOT fit everyone's hand. I would seriously go and hold one first before buying.

Also do NOT use +P ammo in a Glock or this can happen:

Granted this can happen to any polymer gun just not Glocks. (S&W M&P, Springfield XD, etc)

Now I have owned a S&W M&P9 and I loved it except for one small thing, I found it way too light.

Seriously, if you run out of bullets it's best to have a gun you can pistol whip someone with :p

You think this is a rumor? Is the destroyed Glock one of your personal guns?

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/defensive-ammunition-ballistics/110375-p-ammo-vs-glock.html

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-p-p-ammo-what-does-glock-say-37755/

I love my Sig Sauer P226. It is comfortable, easy to shoot, deadly accurate, and despite what someone said about 9mm, it is deadly. I used Extreme Shock bullets at home or when I carry and I guarantee they will put down anything I hit. And face it, it doesn't matter if you shoot a 40 or a .22, no one wants to get shot with either one, no matter the size of the cartridge.

Funny how everyone says Hollow Points or nothing well Alaska state troopers have gone back to full metal jackets because the hollow points spread out to quick and will not penetrate layers of clothing they use. know what works well in your area and if you wanna stop something in you home RACK a shotgun and watch them run> PS i LOVE my ruger 9mm

I loved the ruger SR9 I shot on Sunday too. I loved the Beretta I shot more though. :D

Went shooting again on Sunday and got to shoot a few more awesome guns, including the Beretta that I've been lusting over for 4 months now. Aside from the Taurus on the far left, I shot many more pistols that day too. I shot 10 pistols and about 300 rounds inside 2 days. Desert Eagle .44 Mag hand reloaded hollow points (covered by the hand, like shooting a goddamn cannon I don't even want to know what the .50 is like...wait yes I do 50 cal bullet and double the grain count of the .44 ought to be huge fun), Baby Eagle(also covered by the hand, worked better than the deagle) and Colt 1911 .45 ACP (right, big and fun), a Ruger SR9 (bottom second best feeling), the beretta (greatest gun of all), a springfield XDM Saturday (best sights hands down), Glock 17(also sat, hated)/19(better but not great) all 9mm, a S&W M&P .40 (kicked like a mule), and S&W .40/.357. Great fun overall.

sorry for the blur, it was my shitty camera phone.

Attachments

• ruger deagle beagle colt 45.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 166
  • beretta.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 177
Well, when you are on your own and decide to get a firearm I would suggest saving up getting what you really want instead of settling on what you can only afford at the time.

I got a Springfield XD40 because of the extra safety features. Having a terrible memory makes it nice to have a striker and chamber indicator.

I like the gun but would have rather had a stainless Springfield 1911 or an EMP.

I loved the ruger SR9 I shot on Sunday too. I loved the Beretta I shot more though. :D

Went shooting again on Sunday and got to shoot a few more awesome guns, including the Beretta that I've been lusting over for 4 months now. Aside from the Taurus on the far left, I shot many more pistols that day too. I shot 10 pistols and about 300 rounds inside 2 days. Desert Eagle .44 Mag hand reloaded hollow points (covered by the hand, like shooting a goddamn cannon I don't even want to know what the .50 is like...wait yes I do 50 cal bullet and double the grain count of the .44 ought to be huge fun), Baby Eagle(also covered by the hand, worked better than the deagle) and Colt 1911 .45 ACP (right, big and fun), a Ruger SR9 (bottom second best feeling), the beretta (greatest gun of all), a springfield XDM Saturday (best sights hands down), Glock 17(also sat, hated)/19(better but not great) all 9mm, a S&W M&P .40 (kicked like a mule), and S&W .40/.357. Great fun overall.

sorry for the blur, it was my shitty camera phone.

It on now..... you're hooked! lol

Ya know, I skimmed over all the posts. Did anyone suggest used? The quality and craftsmanship are still there. Cost is usually 65-70% of new, plus any glitches or hiccups have.been updated or warranty repaired . When you're ready, just something to think about to lighten the load on yer pocketbook.

Best for home defense, pump shotgun. Chamber the shell, everybody knows whats a comin'. 40 cal over 9mm, the 40 has the velocity of the 9 but the punch of a 45.

dsc02288e.jpg

my concealed carry is a glock model 23 .40 cal. it holds 13 rounds. i use a galco triton kydex inside waistband holster. i like the way this gun feels in my hands. i love the holster too, easy pull, and you can reholster it in a snap. i carry federal hydrashock hollowpoints, but practice with FMJ ammo usually the cheaper blazer ammo. if you wear your clothes right nobody will ever know you have it on you.

know the laws in your state regarding concealed carry, as well as self defence, and know them well. this is very important. texas has the castle doctrine. its pretty liberal in a good way as far as the homeowner is concerned. the law is designed to protect the innocent, and offer no rights to an intruder once they enter your home.

if your state allows you to carry hollowpoints i suggest you do so for 2 reasons, 1 they cause a lot of damage to whatever they enter (stopping power), 2 they wont come out the other side and possibly hit a bystander like FMJ ammo can.

read up on the different types of handguns, go to the range and rent a few different types. i prefer the glock. no safety, and i always keep one in the pipe and 13 in the clip. try em out and buy what you like. and above all practice, practice, practice. a firearm is no good to you unless it becomes like a natural extension of you. i wear mine all the time, sometimes i almost forget its clipped to my belt.

hope this helps
matt

Nothing wrong with starting with a 9mm - but the choice depends on what you intend to do with the gun? If you intend to carry it, I would suggest that the 92FS is way too big. In fact anything of similar size will likely be too big unless you put a lot of effort in it and plan to wear cover cloths all year long. You can find a number of small concealed carry guns chambered in 9mm. The 92FS is a great pistol, but not really practical unless you are in LE or the military - or for a home defense gun. I've had a 92FS for many years but it has been religated to a house gun.

If you plan to target shoot or hunt with it I would recommend looking at a revolver in 38/357 - or even a big bore revolver.
I would also join some of the others in "highly" recommending a 22LR pistol - in addition to whatever else you get. They are great for practice, plinking and are just a lot of fun to have - and cheap to shoot.

i like the sigs and the lugers are my prefer ace i have a Sig mosquito the 22 for range shooting, cheap Sig p226 and the Sig p250 subcompact for my carry. the 226 and the 250 are both 40 s&w and i have very large hands. my wife has a Ruger lcl .380 that she likes

-
Back