A boy and his Station Wagon..

-
Yeah, unfortunately I'm the black sheep in my group of friends. But, they at least get why I like old Mopars. Especially the unusual ones.

Thats my old wagon! I sold it to Harold a while back, looks like it went to a good home! I had planned on doing what you are doing to it. Keep up the good work!

Awesome project..........hell yeah for the young gun....

Yeah, unfortunately I'm the black sheep in my group of friends. But, they at least get why I like old Mopars. Especially the unusual ones.

Keep it up man, most of us of the younger generation are into tuners these days :thumbrig:

I'm another "young gun" with a dart, pouring money into it in between college and work. Love the wagon good luck with it!

10112011517.jpg

Thanks guys. I would be out there doing some sanding on the primer, but its not fully set yet. So I'm on here snooping around and jammin to some good tunes.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0ZpWNZFDLE"]AC/DC - There's Gonna Be Some Rockin' - YouTube[/ame]

Looking good...

I see that your other project is a '65 Beetle w/sunroof. That was my first car. Of course, way back then it was just a cheap used car. The sunroof was great - I don't think they were too common, as I've never seen another VW with a crank sunroof (fabric, yes).

Looking good...

I see that your other project is a '65 Beetle w/sunroof. That was my first car. Of course, way back then it was just a cheap used car. The sunroof was great - I don't think they were too common, as I've never seen another VW with a crank sunroof (fabric, yes).

Yeah, my family is a big VW group. My dad, brother, and I have been racing a 74 super beetle drag car for a while. My (younger) brother has a 63 VW bus, and a 63 bug factory rag-top sunroof. I felt like I needed to be a part of the group too, hey they just look cool plus they are pretty good on fuel.

I like what you are doing. Keep up the nice work.

Its got color! I didn't do too bad for my first time shooting single stage acrylic enamel. Missed a couple areas though..
:eek:ops:

Attachments

• IMAG0188.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 773
  • IMAG0189.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 763
  • IMAG0190.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 764
  • IMAG0191.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 767
  • IMAG0192.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 767
  • IMAG0193.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 762
I'm trying to come up with a name for the car. I think its a male, because its not been a b!#ch to me like a couple other cars I've had in the past. Any ideas?

Its got color! I didn't do too bad for my first time shooting single stage acrylic enamel. Missed a couple areas though..
:eek:ops:

That looks good. Can't wait to see all the other stuff down there in nice condition. I think it will turn out great. Keep the pictures coming.

Started putting things back on today, drilled and mounted the radiator.

Attachments

• IMAG0199.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 734
  • IMAG0198.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 728
  • IMAG0197.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 726
  • IMAG0196.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 730
  • IMAG0195.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 735
  • IMAG0194.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 733
i love the old wagoons.

i had a black 67 VC, 273 v8 4 barrel straight LPG. black windows, all the chrome and really low. lovely!

Very Nice! Keep up the good work! I got a 65 wagon last year. I'm planning on putting in a 5.7 Hemi, 5 speed and coilovers all around.

Project looks great !

I am curious about your hood clearance with the AL radiator. Had you checked it ?

I put one in my car and it was too tall, had to get a different one.

Good luck !

Project looks great !

I am curious about your hood clearance with the AL radiator. Had you checked it ?

I put one in my car and it was too tall, had to get a different one.

Good luck !

I had to clearance a spot on the hood to get it to fit correctly, didn't cut anything though.

The engine and trans is in, actually wasn't too hard to do.:cheers:

Attachments

• IMAG0209.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 675
  • IMAG0208.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 663
  • IMAG0207.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 653
  • IMAG0206.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 682
  • IMAG0205.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 673
  • IMAG0204.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 670
Time for a trip to the exhaust shop! The car is loaded on the trailer and ready for its appointment tomorrow morning. Its going to be 2 1/4 duals through a set of summit fully welded chambered mufflers and exit through those cool 71 Challenger tips!

Attachments

• IMAG0214.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 635
  • lunapic_132165164662596_4.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 611
My compliments (for obvious reasons) on your color choice and engine work; looks great.
Just had mine done earlier this year:

Attachments

• Dart Engine Comp.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 645
Thanks! I'm now waiting for the call to go pick her up. Here's some tunes..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au0_4hE_4-g"]Genesis - Turn It on Again - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back