A boy and his Station Wagon..

-
Found a SUPER hard to find 66 dart front bumper for the wagon yesterday. A STEAL for $100. Whatcha think?

Attachments

• IMAG0267.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 899
  • IMAG0266.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 878
Nice wagon. I am putting a 66 Valiant wagon together and just bought a 65 Dart wagon.

Drove the car around the block today, transmission works well. Just fine tuning now, and messing with the kick down stuff.

This is one cool build. I love the small wagons, unfortunately I couldn't find a Dart or Valiant when I was looking so I ended up with a Ford. I can't wait to see your Dart when it's all done (maybe with some ralley rims...)

On a side note, my Swinger has an almost identical power train as your wagon and it runs on 87 all day. It's kind of nice considering the 87 octane costs about $4.60 a gallon where I am, and 91 octane is about $5.15 a gallon.

Holy Hell! I though fuel was pricey here..

Yeah, no question we're getting gouged. Some people say that the oil companies are colluding with each other to fix the price at an abnormally high level, and government is turning a blind eye because it makes for more tax revenue.

But I'm still gonna drive my Mopar!

I bolted the intake manifold down today, getting closer and closer to getting it fired up!

I'm going to have a dual exhaust made for it, and was wondering what you guys think I should run muffler and diameter of the pipe wise. I was thinking dual 2 1/2 with summit welded mufflers and turn downs out the back. What do you guys think?
I just had a dual system done to my 74 dart 318. I had the guy put stock sized mufflers on it (after he put turbos) and it still sounds pretty loud. I'll bet the big stock mufflers would sound real nice on a slightly built motor like yours. You can still clearly hear the motor but can tolerate the noise inside as well.

Yeah, no question we're getting gouged. Some people say that the oil companies are colluding with each other to fix the price at an abnormally high level, and government is turning a blind eye because it makes for more tax revenue.

But I'm still gonna drive my Mopar!

when we start drilling more here it will go down.

I just had a dual system done to my 74 dart 318. I had the guy put stock sized mufflers on it (after he put turbos) and it still sounds pretty loud. I'll bet the big stock mufflers would sound real nice on a slightly built motor like yours. You can still clearly hear the motor but can tolerate the noise inside as well.

I know exactly what you mean. My car is super loud, almost like straight pipe loud. Still, its a hot rod, and Im young. What did I expect? Haha

Thought I remembered something awhile back about you possibly getting rid of the wagon. You still have it? If so any updates on it?

I still have it, I do not have any recent pictures of it though on this computer unfortunately, (will try and do a better job keeping up on things). Its been a LONGGG journey the last year and a half Ive owned this thing.. Not for the car, but for me. The car now sports a 5.2 Magnum V8 out of a 96 Ram with an air-gap copy intake that was ceramic coated, custom ground cam from a stock core that reads .496/.496 lift at 1.6, 224 duration at .050 and a 112 lobe separation (unfortunately now I need .050 longer pushrods to make up for the metal that was removed from the base circle of the cam), 650cfm Carter carburetor, and stock Magnum Truck manifolds with 2 1/4 pipes all the way back through the existing exhaust from last year. The stock Magnum heads were massaged a bit by my friend and I to smooth out the ports and valve guide bosses. Car is also now in gray primer which is much more appealing then the red/black scheme it used to have, and I removed the rack. It also has steelies all around with 1968 Plymouth dog dish hub caps....

Here is the Magnum motor before I finished it and put it in the car.. Oh I almost forgot, I also picked up a performance built 904 with a re-flashed stock torque converter for the new magnum motor setup. I still havent upgraded the brakes or the rear differential, but my plan is to use the bbp disks my friend gave me with the car with all new bushings/ball joints and a newer style two bolt master cylinder on the front, and a Furd Exploder 8.8 with 3.73s and trac-lok with discs for the rear. I have my eyes on a set of BBP 15 inch steelies for when I decide that its time to do it.

Attachments

• 563495_176505715815242_40770459_n.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 711
A flawless 65 Dart Charger 4 speed for your wagon?I would definetly do the trade,but thats just me.You,ve come along great with your car,I hope you,ll be upgrading to a disc brake setup in the front with the dual master cylinder.Your gonna need it for better safety.Great job!:D

What happened with the Dartcharger? Still for sale or did you buy it? Just curious

I couldn't find the guys number that owned it and never got the funds together to buy the car, I think he probably still has it though. He is in Waddel Arizona, which is 30 miles or so away. I hope it has a good new home though, with someone that will bring it back to its former glory.

Looking good and I'm glad to see that you still have it. Did the PO have this up for sale in Auto trader years ago? The black and red paint job makes me think it was the same one. From Chandler I believe. Anyway, glad that it has a good home and that you stuck with it.

I miss building a hot rod mopar when I read this thread. Brings back memories putting tunnel ram w/dual Holleys on top of my 340 in my first 65 Dart GT. I had so much fun with it. Added 14x5 and 15x7 rally wheels on it with Polyglas tires....... Ok they wern't the best:toothy8:

I miss building a hot rod mopar when I read this thread. Brings back memories putting tunnel ram w/dual Holleys on top of my 340 in my first 65 Dart GT. I had so much fun with it. Added 14x5 and 15x7 rally wheels on it with Polyglas tires....... Ok they wern't the best:toothy8:

I bet those tires lit up all the way down the street! I love 65 Dart Gt's as you know, my first car that originally got me into the whole a-body mopar deal. The way I see it is that my wagon being originally a mauve slant six car with 13 inch wheels would lack a few things that (to me) make it something desirable and fun to drive (plus when I got it it was black and red..) I like putting cars together that are like an extension of myself, but still mostly period correct for what it is. Thanks for the comment friend!

Looking good and I'm glad to see that you still have it. Did the PO have this up for sale in Auto trader years ago? The black and red paint job makes me think it was the same one. From Chandler I believe. Anyway, glad that it has a good home and that you stuck with it.

Probably the same car, its the only one that was painted that way that Ive seen around here at least. My friend Harold bought it from that guy (member named badass71 on here) and I traded my first 65 Dart for it.

Here are some more recent pics of the car.

Attachments

• IMAG0074.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 616
  • IMAG0092.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 606
  • IMAG0023.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 604
Thank you! The longer pushrods and kickdown cable will be here soon to get it back on the road again.. Its been down too long.

-
Back