ABodyBetty's new baby comes home!!!

-
I want to see the patch welding as well. I wish I lived next door to all you guys on this site!!

Very impressed with all the work you have done on Fern, just scrolled through the pictures real quick but I think most people would have never took on a project like her. Keep up the good work!!

Yeah the patch work is going to be intense. Yard Dawg said I should do a whole clip but I thought it a bad spot structurally to be cutting a whole section. That's why were doing about a hundred patches in a square foot area!! Some will have double walls areas around the rocker!8) Crazy!!

Alright FABO, we are back in business!!
Not much from the K-9's I had to put them away due to guest here.
Not much commentary either due to so many pics to prep, sorry.

So no funny business today, if we aint burnin wire, we aint makin' money!:clock:

Here we go!8)

40 some odd more pics to come! I am working my flangies to the cartlage to get the pics ready!:read2:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

oh. whoops. XD. sorry, Ive never welded or been taught to weld or anything

HAHA!
Me either! I've been this guys helper ever sense he took welding in High school! I've been the one to do the padded custom dash boards, running boards & fender flares. My weird ideas and his welding!
ON VAN's & Pick-ups mainly, I showed him back in the day how to bend rebar around the tire to use for fender flair then fill with sheet and bend in to attach!! The 70's were cool!
I then had him weld my designs so I could install 2"x10" wood running boards between the steel fender flairs. Then we would rebar on around underneath the front bumper for steel air dams!! Man were we ahead of our time? Now they do that to the rice tuners with plastic!!!

I remember sinking our headlight buckets, signals everything then covering whole grill opening with tubes over lights and all. Now they market them as "Phantom" grills! Oh brother!

Last of it for today! Whew!8)

He'll be back next week to do the entire spare tire (poetknowit!) well/trunk section!:cheers:

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

DANG!

I didn't even notice my 2000 post! Where's the dancing go go girls?:bootysha: 8)

Not bad for less than a year!!

My count is stuck at 0 at the moment. =[ Best of luck Looking good! Imma have to learn to weld. Im actually excited to. Just need to get a welder

My count is stuck at 0 at the moment. =[ Best of luck Looking good! Imma have to learn to weld. Im actually excited to. Just need to get a welder

Just keep lookin! There is not one amongst them that had a purchase price over $2250.00!! I love my Darts with no payments! Why would ya need anything else?....Well other than more Darts, a Fish, a waggon, a convert or 2, valiant or 3. You know like 1:64 die cast one of each variant in 64 & 65 only! LMAO!!! I wish!! HAHAHA Man I love it, dreams are free!!

ABB and I were discussing, if I hire my friend 2 more times I could pay for the new welder with the same money! Then just rent the tank!8)

My new top of short list future purchase!

Boy we really got a jump on spring this year!! Hope it stays, you only got so many saves and restores in ya, so make em count!

Sorry, no body work yet. Was out of everything from last year. had to do the 60 miles round trip for supplies, fast drape, tape, gallon kitty hair, gallon smooth, still have to go back for seam sealer, rust killer, more paint...I should have dropped the whole $300.00 in one trip but I just cant spend that all at once! Man that's dumb. Wasted time and gas cause I'm so cheap! I still have to have the stuff! Still haven't learned everything.
Get ready, I feel a FERN rush comming on!!!:cheers:
Tune in tomarrow night!

OK guys, not much done yesterday due to weird CAR HUNT! day!8)
It's 10:39 here and 57 degrees right now so, I'm shutting down the computer and heading out to grind on welds, body filler, while all that's going on we weill be removing headliner today due to it falling appart in my hands while doing windshields, Boy is that going to be a mess.
That old insulation is always a dirty mess. I'll go out now before shower, Do headliner removal first, run in shower (sorry ladies no pics on this! LOL!!)
then come back out to do body work, clean up, install some missing parts if we get time. We'll work till it starts raining!!!:cheers:

Wow! Cut my finger:thebirdm: so I came in for repair and meds (corona).

Really humpin on Fern right now!!!:clock:

She's still shedding parts instead of them going on!!!:angry7:

I'll hit ya in a min with pics.
The FERN RUSH is on again! LOL!:cheers:

One thing always leeds to another, such is life in the Karma Fern lane!8)

hahaha, yeah, I acually found a car yesterday dart170. Check it out and tell me if you think its worth it [linked below]. Im diggin your progress!! Thanks for the advice, Ill probably save up and get a mig.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...igslist.org/oah/cto/1652451202.html&dr_log=-1

LOL!!
Little before my time. You better be getting it for free. It's in HI and it ships to you in GA!!! Ok well.....
My NADA book only goes back to 1946, that year there were 2 styles of Royal 2 doors.
1: ROYAL 2DR CLUB CPE 6P = LOW$5950 AVG$9850 HIGH/MINT12850
2: ROYAL 2DRCPE 3P = LOW$5350 AVG$8800 HIGH/MINT$11650

Shipping = $1 Kidney!:toothy10:

Best I could do, sorry!
Man your in GA right? That is car central down there! Nice cars, low salt.
Keep watching CL and stuff pops up but you got to have $ ready and go look at within 12 hours of a new posting!! DEDICATION!! LOL!!!

Good Luck! I'm winding it up tonight. Need to get Fiberglass resin tomarrow! Time to eat dinner!!:cheers:

Been a busy day! 72 pics for ya! It will take me a while to post, I hope you enjoy!!8)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Fernage!8)

Still had seat and carpet in thinking we were driving it this past winter. NOT!
Now it's "ALL IN"!!

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

-