ABodyBetty's new baby comes home!!!

-
Thanks for checking in John. I was wondering how you all were doing. Hope that 2010 will be a better year than 2009. Keep the faith Brother!!!!!!8)

Isn't there any sibling rivalry? LOL

No, not really. They each have their own personality. Not sure what Fern's is yet, BOF is stubborn and wants things her way or no way at all, and Baby well her name says it all she wants to be babied. There is rivalry between who gets to drive what car sometimes.

Drywall sucks, am in the middle of it myself. Don't keep beating yourself up to get it done. Health is more important than pretty walls. That's what I tell my wife anyways :)

Grant

Office painted.
Office created with desk from upstairs (had to come out a window it's so big)

ABB went in on a new computer for the office so she got back her laptop and we are now NOT sharing a computer!

Ad placed in Hemmings Motor News for parts sales of Yard Dawgs cars. Should be on news stands now, although........
Yard Dawg got ran over loading a jeep on his car trailer helping his neighbor!!!
Both legs broke but alive!!!!

Now I will be fielding all calls for parts from ad, pulling/shipping parts, billing, and all ebay sales too!!
Guess I'll be busy now! Jezzz!!! Hurry & get well Yard Dawg!!! I am already missing Ya!!!

I am gearing up for end of month when the unemployment runs out and "Aurora Darts & Parts" Starts up! Guess I'll stay with antique sales untill Yard Dawg gets back on his feet. Will only be selling parts from hemmings requests for now.

Still have to load some software on here so I can start posting pics again. Office will be ongoing project, so we will be "back-burnering" it and moving to Fern by the weekend. Must get her done by 1 March!!!

The other siblings are doing fine.
BOF running like a bat outta hell and loud as all get out!
Baby however had to have her air cleaner lid removed and a wrench shoved down her throat to start yesterday afternoon at walmart! Flooded for some reason!??!??? She just needing more attention. She has only been getting out bout once a week & only on dry pavement so far this winter. Bof has been the main ride this winter if you can believe that.
The crazy ***** loves the cold weather!! (BOF, not ABodyBetty!)

This Sunday will be the first Fern update. OH!! I did get a couple of new drill bits to "TAKE OUT" that damn manifold bolt!!
Film at 11 !!!!8)

We are now trying out new computer/software and camera connections. If all this works out right, I will be able to get this thread started again!
What I'm posting is pics of the drywall of office. Had taken them before Christmas, but lacked computer, software, etc. So here we go!
GET-R-DONE!
8)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Currently taking orders for custom mugs and mousepads!!
Pretty soon we have to make a new thread for Clay's car. I will have two new cars then.

I look forward everyday to reading this thread and seeing what progress the dogs have made on Fern! Please keep the updates coming! Cheers and good work!

I look forward everyday to reading this thread and seeing what progress the dogs have made on Fern! Please keep the updates coming! Cheers and good work!

Thanks man! A little slow at the moment. Should be making it out to her this weekend. Just finishing stuff in the office.
Started a new restore thread for our sons 69. We are buying it back and should be back to our house soon. I had already done alot of work on that Dart when our son moved out and took his 69 with him. You can check that thread too. It's named ABodyBetty's 1st Baby Comes Back home!! It's going to be pretty hectic around here when the weather breaks!!8)

I think its cool that you have 4dr cars! I drove a 73 valiant /6 4dr to college that I bought for 250 and fixed up the summer after I graduated HS.... I think its still sitting out in the pasture at EX GF dads house.... lol!

Make any progress this weekend?:read2:

I think its cool that you have 4dr cars! I drove a 73 valiant /6 4dr to college that I bought for 250 and fixed up the summer after I graduated HS.... I think its still sitting out in the pasture at EX GF dads house.... lol!

Make any progress this weekend?:read2:

Why havn't you went to get it yet? Don't worry, she won't bite and the pop in law would probibly be glad to get it out of the yard!

We just had our 4th one show up today! (Now we have 16
DOORS!) It was our sons before when he lived with us. He just called and wanted to sell it back to us!!:cheers: Some more pics are on our other thread!

I swear I don't know what gives with the 4 door cars! They just keep finding me! I think the word got out I was saving them as drivers and now they are all starting to make there way here to get away from the crusher!!!

15.jpg

16.jpg

Keep it up and you will have every year of the dart.

All I really wanted was a 65 wagon! Now look where I'm at!!!!

The one I really would like besides the wagon or a Hang Ten is a 71 or 72 Swinger Baby Yeah!

CALLING ALL 4 DOORS, Now saving your butts from the crusher.
No other 4 doors will be considered unless under $1K!! LOL!!

HON!?! I leavin for the store.....
Which car ya takin?
The Dart..........the 1 with 4 doors on it!
HHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:toothy10:

If it's nice out tomarrow, I'll have to get my 4 car pics for the welcome wagon instead of the 3 car pics I've been using!
16 much better than 12!

Hey dodgethis12!
and the rest of FABO who like to read this over breakfast!!! LOL!!

I have been getting comments and requests to "get going" everybody seem to be enjoying the thread over breakfast! LOL!

I am sorry guys I have been spread out a little, new office digs, business adventure (now looking for leasable garage on main drag), and now our sons 69 Dart comes back!!!

That's what I writing about this morning. To all the folks who like reading this crazy thread and "down home" restore, I have started another thread on the restoration of the sons 69 Dart that came back to us the other day.
The new thread for the 69 is titled kind of the same as this thread so you can find it easier.
It's name is, ABodyBetty's 1st Baby Comes Back Home!!!! Sorry for the confusion but I wanted to be easily identified as another fun read/restore for breakfast reading enjoyment to the FABO membership. I also use these restore threads to refer to pics to be able to put things back where they were when I tore them apart!

So anyway if ya'll like this thread you'll like the other thread for the 69. I'm concentrating on it at the moment due to it becomming our main mode of transportation for the immediate future!

Go over and take a look! It reads and looks like this thread and even has Lex and Vinnie helping out too! So many members have expressed wanting them to keep helping!! LOL!! They might end up with their own TV show!! HAHA!!!
Vinnie has already made a weather apperance on the local news show!!! What a ham!! I was taking shots of the 69 after working on it yesterday, and while photoing the pass side, hambone walks over into the frame then Lex follows on over wanting to get their pictures taken!!! Jeeezzz!!!!8)

Consider this your official invite to join us on the other thread too! Sometimes we just have to juggle our priorities a bit to fit life a little better!!
Looking foward to hearing from you all there!!! As soon as I start on Fern again, I'll post here for you!
Thanks again all!!!
John.8)

Well, Went out to drill out bolt. (Remember we were on hold for rear manifold bolt)

I failed. Drill bit lasted all of 2 revolutions!!

I hate mechanical work. Did I say that once before?

So, I guess tomarrow we'll be taking the head off so we can go to the machine shop!

I hope I can lift a slanty head out by my self.
I'll get some picks.

Was warm here to day so I bathed BOF's engine bay. It took several times all day to get it clean.

Bof wasn't the only one to get a bath! Vinnie finally got his much needed bath today too! I'll try to get the pics of that soon too!

Well have a good evening everyone! Get plenty of sleep, we'll need all the extra energy to pull the head in the morning. (didn't sound good)!:toothy10:

1.jpg

Ya ya! Pull the head.....hehheeheehehee.

Seriously though..... BE CAREFUL.. They are HEAVY.

Later,
Bruce B.

WOW, I got a headache!!!
Here some pics, what do you guys think of the cyl with the water??
Off to the machine shop! Be done in no more than a week!(1 bolt)8)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Only casualty was the old dist cap!8)

What about the water/rust?
Dried it out and sprayed with WD40 and covered.

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Well I had taken the head to a suposedly great machine shop here locally. It had been there on 3.8.10 for the 1 bolt to be drilled/hellicoiled, whatever it needed.
Didn't even ask how much.
I called yesterday after 3pm (after 8 full working days) and they told me they had not had time to do it yet! I said alright, thanks anyway, have a great evening!
This morning I showed up at 8:09 am and backed BOF up to the door about 2 feet away. I opened the door to their lobby of the shop and my head was still standing on end in the way of traffic to the counter!! It was a wonder it had not been knocked over!!! SOOOooooooo.......
I turned and opened there front door again (I had already had BOF's trunk open) picked up my head, put it in the trunk. Then I turned without moving my feet and shut their door & BOF's trunk, walke to the front and got in.
Fired her and boogied!!! I figure I'll call monday and see if it's done yet!! LOL!!
They were all in the back working and didn't even see me take my head. I drove it back over 2 towns and dropped it off at KOI. It will be in Hamilton OH by tomarrow, worked Mon, back to me by Wed. less than $50.00.
Some people have asked me before why Hoosiers are so "Jack of all trades type of guys, you know, build you house, garage, cars, plumbing, electrical, heatin & air, wells, sumps, septics, etc....
IT"S BECAUSE WE CAN'T NEVER GET ANYONE WHO WILL SHOW UP AND DO THE JOB!!!!!! So we have to do it ourselves!!8)

Tomarrow I got a friend of mine comming in from Ohio,
to do all the welding!:cheers:

It's going to be a FERN day tomarrow!!!

Are you guys ready again or did you forget all about us???
Maybe see you here tomarrow if you're still interested!!!:-D

3 pics too!8)

Oh well, Off to the next machine shop! I hope I don't have to REPO it again!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Good luck on finding a machine shop that will even bother with it anymore.
Dunno what has happened with them all...

Later,
Bruce B.

I want to see the patch welding as well. I wish I lived next door to all you guys on this site!!

Very impressed with all the work you have done on Fern, just scrolled through the pictures real quick but I think most people would have never took on a project like her. Keep up the good work!!

-
Back