AC guinea pig...

-
Well that means they would just match your head.
Screenshot_20190410-161902.png

Well this should be part of the report card.... I actually got my wife to get into the car for the first time in over a year!..
Not only does this car seem to bring out the more Wilder side of my driving techniques the acceleration just isn't something that she has an appreciation for. With that said I was able to coax her into the car and try my best to keep the gas pedal from getting away from me. I turned up the AC and turned on some music that I know she likes (Tom Petty) and took her for a couple hour drive out in the country on what was a very nice and sunny day. She felt very comfortable in the car with the AC keeping her nice and cozy on low... This is the first time I ever remember coming home with her in the car and her thanking me for the nice drive and how comfortable she was... I attribute this a lot to the AC as I'm able to close the windows and keep some of the noise out and she can hear the music and just enjoy a nice comfortable cozy ride..

... I attribute this a lot to the AC as I'm able to close the windows and keep some of the noise out and she can hear the music and just enjoy a nice comfortable cozy ride..
:lol: when my wife listens to TP you can't hear the car over the music

I like the vent registers. Where did you get them and what application? They remind me of Jeep vents.

I changed over from the inoperable HVAC system in my Charger to a Classic Auto Air system last fall. I still need to evac and charge the system. I'm sure the Wife will be more receptive to going on trips once the A/C is working!
Thanks for posting this topic!

I like the vent registers. Where did you get them and what application? They remind me of Jeep vents.
now mind you had I thought I was going to actually put this under the dash in the first place which I was originally not I would have got something like this that had vents in already...
Screenshot_20200805-213047.png

Notice this is the"450" series... It calls out for the larger cars and trucks. Because I don't have much insulation this is the one I chose... And it was relatively in the neighborhood of 30 to $50 or for the 22000 btu as opposed to 13 or 14 thousand BTU... To me that was a no-brainer... I've got to say that their website has changed quite a bit in the last few weeks since I ordered mine. Mine mention nothing of a wiring harness and was only $465. I can't find anything that's in the same range.. everything is now 575 or so and comes with a wiring harness. Again I ask about the wiring harness at the time and Omar said they were having a lot of problems with people complaining about not getting a wiring harness so they just started adding them to every kit.. it is a very extremely easy harness to make I would think but it is very convenient and plug-and-play when you do get it. Still at 575 this by far is a great deal...

I changed over from the inoperable HVAC system in my Charger to a Classic Auto Air system last fall. I still need to evac and charge the system. I'm sure the Wife will be more receptive to going on trips once the A/C is working!
It is by far the best comfort upgrade I put in the car. It has brought a whole new dynamic and quite honestly makes me want to drive the car more... I only want to drive on nice days and even on very fair weather days the heat from the firewall just seems to gain momentum and pretty much make me uncomfortable at some point.... Not anymore...

Also just a page back or to hear I showed where I bought the Harbor Freight vacuum pump in the harbor freight gauges and the evac myself... easy...
Come to find out I could have rented it all at AutoZone but I do like my own stuff...

I'm sure you already know this but just for the people reading this. If you do buy one of those pumps that comes with a little pint of oil and you need to put about three-quarters of that into the pump and there's a sight window on the front of it.
With that said you hook up your gauges to the high side (red) the low side (blue)o the AC and hook the pump up to the center yellow line and open the system up and pull from both sides for about 15 minutes. The low side gauge should read about 29 pounds or so of vacuum. at that point close everything shut it off and hope to holy heck it holds that 29 pounds for about an hour or so. And then if it does continue to draw with the pump for another hour at least. This draws all the moisture from the system. Then simply hook a can to that yellow line open it up and bleed the line and then start feeling the system on the low side with the engine running and warmed up. And also have the system turned on and when the system feels it has enough Freon it will turn the pump on and start drawing more Freon into the system. Then it's just a matter of reading your ambient charts...

I'm going to have to read that a couple more times to understand it.

From what I gather the vacuum after a good amount of time starts boiling any moisture into steam and sucking it out...
Your looking for a completely moisture free system to start with... I can only imagine moisture in the system would freeze and plug things up...

Also air in the line is a no no. that's why you want to purge the yellow line once you hook the freon up to it so that vacuum that you've created is just drawing in Freon only...

which system did you get from them? I'm shopping around for A/C and honestly the classic auto custom colder kit looks like the right thing. got a way too big, nonfunctional, outdated sears kit from (by best guess) the owners ago in the car now that needs to be replaced. The classic auto system will free up a lot of leg room and actually cool the car while it's at it.

Well this should be part of the report card.... I actually got my wife to get into the car for the first time in over a year!..
Not only does this car seem to bring out the more Wilder side of my driving techniques the acceleration just isn't something that she has an appreciation for. With that said I was able to coax her into the car and try my best to keep the gas pedal from getting away from me. I turned up the AC and turned on some music that I know she likes (Tom Petty) and took her for a couple hour drive out in the country on what was a very nice and sunny day. She felt very comfortable in the car with the AC keeping her nice and cozy on low... This is the first time I ever remember coming home with her in the car and her thanking me for the nice drive and how comfortable she was... I attribute this a lot to the AC as I'm able to close the windows and keep some of the noise out and she can hear the music and just enjoy a nice comfortable cozy ride..
This right here is worth all your trouble and time put into doing it.

which system did you get from them? I'm shopping around for A/C and honestly the classic auto custom colder kit looks like the right thing. got a way too big, nonfunctional, outdated sears kit from (by best guess) the owners ago in the car now that needs to be replaced. The classic auto system will free up a lot of leg room and actually cool the car while it's at it.
I don't recall the model number but it was in their "Perfect Fit" line of kits. Their instructions are generic and not good but their customer service is.

This right here is worth all your trouble and time put into doing it.
Really that's just icing on the cake...
I went for a cruise on the back roads with two friends with convertibles Sunday and I was glad to roll up my windows and kick on the AC then pass them anytime I felt like it on top of it LOL...

I know with my unit even my tallest friends have plenty of legroom...
This evaporator seems pretty big butt excuse the pun in the big picture nobody is hurt for any legroom...
IMG_20200803_160014.jpg

Good looking interior, can I ask what carpet you're using?
I'm using the loop carpet but I don't care for it probably one of the things I'll do this winter is get the plush... It's hard to clean and it gets runs in it and the plush looks well plush...

-
Back