AC guinea pig...

-
You should make a parts list with prices. Instead of 10 pages to "sift" through, have a single post of the parts and cost of what you did.
I kind of went over that and post 198. I even mentioned you in post 229...
I mentioned besides the obvious bracket for the compressor and Freon there was only another maybe $15 and stuff you would need beyond the 465 for the kit that I bought. of course I did custom things and had some custom fittings made so it was a few dollars more..
The kit is very complete... the extra $15 would be maybe a couple of nuts and bolts for the dryer bracket and some of those radiator zip ties to hold the condenser and fan on...
I could have almost.endless how to threads..

I kind of went over that and post 198. I even mentioned you in post 229...
I mentioned besides the obvious bracket for the compressor and Freon there was only another maybe $15 and stuff you would need beyond the 465 for the kit that I bought. of course I did custom things and had some custom fittings made so it was a few dollars more..
The kit is very complete... the extra $15 would be maybe a couple of nuts and bolts for the dryer bracket and some of those radiator zip ties to hold the condenser and fan on...
I could have almost.endless how to threads..
I'd say post 198 was sort of a conclusion statement instead of a parts list. I'm thinking of something like ....
  • Cool Air Compressor, part #32899 $146.00
  • Hoses from Big Franks part #100909 $46.00
  • Under Dash Vents from Cool Air Products part #98732 $123.00
  • ETC, ETC, ETC.

I'd say post 198 was sort of a conclusion statement instead of a parts list. I'm thinking of something like ....
  • Cool Air Compressor, part #32899 $146.00
  • Hoses from Big Franks part #100909 $46.00
  • Under Dash Vents from Cool Air Products part #98732 $123.00
  • ETC, ETC, ETC.
Coldmaster inc.
It was a 100% complete kit minus the compressor bracket and the freon.
Look up coldmaster and they will have a wide variety of different kits...
I bought the kit that I wanted for $465. That included the 508 compressor condenser evaporator dryer all the hoses fittings wiring harness and condenser fan. Absolute great tech support and not much more than another $15 worth of nuts and bolts and attachments to put it in.... The individual pieces I don't remember listed in the price it was just as a kit.. more or less you choosing the shape and configuration of your evaporator and the amount of BTUs...
I'm sure they sell individual pieces but like Omar said when I talked to him it would cost one hell of a lot more buying everything individually Beyond shipping from Florida to Portland Oregon... Shipping was free and you had to sign for it and it took one week to get across the United States. And no taxes because I already paid them out of my paycheck...

"i bought the kit that i wanted from coldmaster, look it up" .... "then add the same bag of nuts and bolts for 15 bucks that I bought"..... and I paid no taxes..... LOL

Never mind......
:lol:
Look I'm not trying to be a you boob superhero m-ky...
I'm not trying to write the book on how to install the cold Master AC system. If people can't follow along and read some of what I've done and get an idea then this is probably too difficult of a process for them anyhow...
As always if anybody wants to p.m. me and find out anything about the process they're more than welcome and I will always answer all the questions that I can..

I shared every part of the process with pictures like people were asking I don't know what more you could want...

If reading along 10 pages of this forum is while sitting in your easy chair at home too much work than actually doing the installation and physically getting out there is way Beyond...

11 pages and all we know is we need to talk to Omar ..... LOL I think you did a cool thing (no pun intended), and i think somebody out there might be interested in copying what you did. I'd have just made a short list on "company name that sold the kit and the kit number". Hoses, or anything else .... Like i mentioned in a previous post a Part Supplier/Part Number/Cost list.

Anyways, glad it's working for you :)
You're giving me the impression that you have not read the entire thread. Or even bothered to look up coldmaster and the kits that they sell?

If I was installing A/C and was following your build I would be interested in the kit YOU bought that worked for you, not all the kits they sell. That's about like saying if you want to build a 340 like mine and follow my build, buy a competition cam like i did without giving them what cam you bought... LOL. When i did the low dollar 318, I made a parts list in the end including part numbers to even the gaskets, cam kit, etc so it's a one-stop shop. Anyways, I'm not installing A/C i just thought I'd help you get your message out. :)
I know I've said this but their kits are all mostly complete kits. The only difference between the kits is the size and shape of the evaporator that goes underneath the dash and the amount of BTUs...
It's likely no one is going to want the under – unit that I have as well as myself. But I mentioned that several times in the thread that originally I wanted it to go in the back of the car and have tubes come out of it. If I had to do it all over again like I did mention I would have bought the under – unit with the vents and the controls on the unit itself instead of separate controls that I ended up having to two sided gorilla tape to the side of the unit...
again to anybody who's hearing this banter I am more than willing to answer absolutely any questions anybody has...
318 was there any specific questions? I'm even willing to go step-by-step through somebody who buys the kit but you're going to have to choose your own kit according to your application and where you want to put it.
I did remind people I don't have a heater box in my car so mounting it under the dash could require different dimensions which they do have. Also I believe if you want to spend more they have heat and air conditioning units as well...

looks like it's going to be hot thursday, better get some test results for us :thumbsup:

You seem to be following this thread, was there something that I wasn't conveying?....
Don’t worry about it. The guy wants you to come over and install the kit for him. Some people are never happy. I’ve been following along and you have been very informative and I know I will refer back to this thread if I need to do the same thing.

Don’t worry about it. The guy wants you to come over and install the kit for him. Some people are never happy. I’ve been following along and you have been very informative and I know I will refer back to this thread if I need to do the same thing.
I sincerely appreciate that comment and remember to either quote me on this thread or just PM me and I'll be more than glad to answer or help with anything I can as always with anything I do...
Again thank you..

I want him to pay for it too...... :D :poke: For your info, J par and I go back a long ways and he visits my threads more often than you think, if you get the point. I hated to see you waste your 3rd post in 16 years on that.... :rolleyes:
This is exactly why people post three times in 16 years is because they don't want to put up with people's BS...
I think we have 50,000 members and probably two hundred thousand Just read the post and don't join in because they don't want anybody smack talkin them..

So now you can click the AC on goin down the track. lol
Well technically I guess I could LOL... but I pretty much connected it in with my nitrous setup assuming that I wouldn't be running them both at the same time..
One of my intentions of having the belt on the front of the drive pulley was being able to loosen the compressor and take the belt off while I was at the track. I would have to have a catch can for the condensation. That would be easy enough to just unplug the condensation lines out of the back of the AC and have them dumped into a jar on the passenger floorboard but again I probably won't be running it at the track... To the track in from the track you betcha...

J par setting the standard for others ^^^

The standard doesn't apply J par ^^^

^^^ 318willrun being the nice guy in response to J pars Two post nuby quote

Ok, enough of feeding J par his own words. He needs to cool off in his A/C... and lets get the thread back on A/C :)
I guess you might as well put it up back on track cuz you're the only one taking it off...

All my threads are follow along as I go. This is what I'm thinking about doing this is what I'm doing and this is what I did with questions and answers and comments all throughout..
if I wanted to show people how to do stuff my way I would just start my own Youboob channel..

All my threads are follow along as I go. This is what I'm thinking about doing this is what I'm doing and this is what I did with questions and answers and comments all throughout..
if I wanted to show people how to do stuff my way I would just start my own Youboob channel..
You and your wife will enjoy rides even on a hot summer day now! Nice addition :)

You and your wife will enjoy rides even on a hot summer day now! Nice addition :)
She still won't get in the car after racing that Honda! LOL... Right now it's the passenger seat belt that rolls in and out with no stop LOL she says not until I fix the seat belt...

-
Back