AC guinea pig...

-
Also a couple ideas I've been playing with are to make a relay for the condenser fan so I can run a bypass switch and run the condenser fan for extra cooling when the air conditioner is off if I feel I want it..
Also I bought a little indicator light I want to hook to the regular radiator cooling fan to just know when it's on and when it's off in the driver's compartment...
I don't know if anybody is picking up on this but I like gadgets...

Your fan indicator light might tell you when power is supplied to the fan (commanded on) but not if the fan is actually turning.

Your fan indicator light might tell you when power is supplied to the fan (commanded on) but not if the fan is actually turning.
if the fans not turning I'm pretty sure I would see that on the temperature gauge? LOL..

Just a reminder to those who are watching this is not 100% plug and play..although the kit does come with pretty much everything you need there's some attaching things and hardware you're going to have to purchase. Nothing expensive but just things are going to take a lot of forethought...
Also remember mine is going to be all tucked under the fender Wells and hidden as much as possible. It would be a lot easier if I would just ran the lines inside the engine bay.. like right now I'm having the damnedest time thinking of where I'm going to put the dryer... But it's going in there and I'll figure it out but it just takes time...

They give you a couple choices for clamps. 1 is normal hose clamps with a little tine that space is it correctly. And also they give you the sleeves but you need a crimp tool for that.. I'll see if I can rent or possibly take the hoses down and have them credit as I think that would give her much nicer appearance.

There's a custom hose place up by the airport that can swage on or crimp on your connectors. They do custom work and know their stuff. I can chase down a name if you want it. I know where it is but for the life of me can't remember the business name.

Is there room behind the grill for the dryer?
the condenser and fan are really taking up a lot of area on that passenger side. I'm trying to run all the lines up underneath the passenger side fender and into the passenger side area. The man that just on the back side of the area pretty much underneath the front passenger side headlight inside the wheel well. Of course all that will have to get shielded...

There's a custom hose place up by the airport that can swage on or crimp on your connectors. They do custom work and know their stuff. I can chase down a name if you want it. I know where it is but for the life of me can't remember the business name.
I know there's a hydraulic hose place down in the Hawthorne district also. Really I just need the crimper because it comes with the fittings to do that but doesn't come with obviously the expensive crimper. I really just need the two ends that go on to the compressor and maybe the one that goes from the compressor to the top of the condenser which will be the ones that will be seeing the most. The others I could just put the hose clamps and will be hidden anyways...

Things are getting tight I'm going to have to make some adjustments...
IMG_20200721_092916.jpg

I moved the hood latch support out the half inch on the top and on the bottom to give me that little bit so the fan that's just not squeezed in there...
IMG_20200721_101241.jpg
IMG_20200721_101250.jpg

What car is this? And could the dryer go here (red box)?

2020-07-21_13-16-59.png

What car is this? And could the dryer go here (red box)?

View attachment 1715565217
it's a 73 duster and yes ideally I would like the box to go there but that tab that you see sticking up underneath the red box the Clarence is there very close and there's a lot of screws that come through at it. Again I am thinking there but it's not quite as easy as it looks with the grill off...

I have a relatively nice piece of top radiator hose that I plan to chop into pieces to go through the firewall and the fender wall for coming out of the compressor. I can also use pieces of it and zip tie to stuff and run the hose through it for hangers...

IMG_20200721_103310.jpg

IMG_20200721_110743.jpg

Took the front seat out and got an access hole from the inner fender wall into the driver's compartment and fit the piece of radiator hose through for protec
IMG_20200721_110620.jpg
ting... Of course all silicone around it..
IMG_20200721_110653.jpg

And a access hole and the driver side fender wall to run the lines forward and snake them underneath the nitrous fuel cell..
IMG_20200721_112249.jpg

Making nice progress! Can't wait to see how you mount the evaporator under the dash.

Making nice progress! Can't wait to see how you mount the evaporator under the dash.
That's simple it comes with the dash mount bracket and a little plumber tape type bracket for the back of it...
Picture won't download dammit I'll try again later..
Yeah the dryer just looks a little deceptive in that picture it's above the frame or at least the radiator frame I don't come nowhere near any kind of curve that would ever hit that...

I think I have the majority of the brain work done.
Now got the condenser and it's fan set.
Got the dryer set and connected...
Tomorrow going to take the ends of the compressor hoses and the top condenser hose to a hydraulic shop and have crimp fittings crimped on for aesthetics as these are the only ones that are really seen.. The others I'll just use the hose clamps provided....
I also laid out the very plug-n-play electrical harness and don't anticipate much if any difficulties...

Again if someone was installing this kit without the want for hiding all the hoses, dryer, and wires they'd likely have an easier go of it...
If someone bought a compressor bracket for the stock position and ran the hoses,wires, and dryer in the engine bay I could see the going pretty smooth..

So now I can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel and having this together. After talking to my mechanic friend I'm starting to consider purchasing the stuff to charge it myself...

Remember, an engine is a vacuum pump, a piece of vacuum hose, connected to the system, hooked to a daily driver, will suck the system down.

-
Back