Air shock options

-
that baby girl in the pic has grown a bit.. :).

jamiemagazinepic-jpg.jpg

IMG_8560.JPG

:thumbsup:

So, you evicted a group of spiders?
Failure to pay rent?
:lol:
No mini tub huh? Nice! 325 is a whole lot of meat.
Hyup a whole lotta meat; looks nice.
But they wouldn't stick for me no how, still 2.2 plus 60 fts. 'course I only gave them 4 chances, and then we hit the food-court for some most excellent trackside food........ and some event specific T-shirts ..... which my son proudly still wears, when he comes over several times a year. That was 2004,lol, so that Tee has some mileage on it!

I took a really low buck approach that worked for me. Took a set of springs out of an A body I junked, took both the originals and the junkers apart.......

Used the "eye" springs, and then used the longest leafs possible out of both sets, + 1 extra from original. Did just what I wanted, All I bought was longer center bolts, and spring clips, from Pohl Spring in Spokane

Back with my unpopular opinion...I have Gabriel Airs on my Dart to get an inch or 2 of lift...40lbs air...they ride just fine.
Which model of the Gabriel's are you running? (or would choose if you had to do it again)
Looking to dip my toes into the air. Wanting to park and cruise low but drive around with proper clearance.

Which model of the Gabriel's are you running? (or would choose if you had to do it again)
Looking to dip my toes into the air. Wanting to park and cruise low but drive around with proper clearance.
Gabriel has the “Skyjacker” for there air shock.
Keep an loaded air tank in the trunk to pump it up. Or an electric compressor.

Thanks for some quick replies, gentlemen. I don't know much about air bags? Do load adjusting shocks have any affect on height. I'm only looking to ad an inch or two, ideally.

I run air shocks purely so I can keep the same ride height with my trunk full of suitcases for a trip, or whatever else happens to be back there temporarily.
Don't have adjust my mirrors every time something changes the weight.:D

When I first got my dart it sagged bad! I put new leaf spring on it they where from jcwhitney it helped level it out alot but it still had a sag to it I wanted that 70s rake. ( I was 16) if I knew what I knew now I would have just went to a 15 " rim and a taller tire but I didn't know I could do that lol so I was in between air shock and shackles...I went shackles lol imo it looked good but it wasn't the right way of doing it. I should have got better springs and taller tires oh well I'm gonna fix it now! I still look back at the pics and laugh it still looks bad *** Haha. I like the one of me leaned on the quarter panel. Ah to be 16 again.

20180829_104544.jpg

20180829_104610.jpg

20180829_104431.jpg

20180829_104511.jpg

20180829_104649.jpg

@AJ/FormS

Who’s rubber?
Sorry Rumble I mustabin sleeping; the 325s are BFG Comp TA DragRadials on 10s. The rear was narrowed and springs moved in with the Mopar kit; just to fit those.I had to massage a few high spots on the inboard side, for a lil more cornering prowess..My rear is slightly raked with BFG 235/60-14s up front, and the K at about 5.75 off the deck. But I rarely run those 325s.
I ran those when I got the 93mph in the 1/8th. And I ran those for a bit on the street with 245/50-15 stickies up front. Yeah that was 4/5 weeks of bigfun and then those front stickies were bald.
My DDs are 295/50-15s, Radial T/As
She's built to slide around corners flat, with the 295s, and I don't care how far she drifts cuz speeds are usually under 40.Our lanes are 12 feet wide, and I generally try to stay in 'em. The front gets on the bumpstop, and then we're go-carting, steering with the gas. I only put the 295s back there cuz that's what it took to keep the dang car from spinning out around turns all the time. Man that get's to be embarrassing. IMO those 295/50-T/As on 10s have no more straightline traction than 275/60 T/As on 8.5s, But they cured the whipe-outs. And they recover better. And they look a lil better from the back,lol.

Last edited:
-
Back