Altered drag video.

-
Cool!!Nice little vid. waiting for more!Maybe daytime shots will be clearer?Still awesome car!!:cheers:

here are some pics i took of his car at fall fling.

PA181606.jpg

PA181607.jpg

PA181609.jpg

I'm still considering the front axle set-up for mine but not the altered look. Too radical for my taste. He did a nice job on that car.

Send it down, I'll gasser it for you!!! Word got out that I liked the "early" style straight axle set-ups, and I've grown quite a collection. A couple Dodge's, and some Ford and early Chevy's are on the way. The new shop has quite a bit more room than the old one, enough to build a fixture table to handle straight axles.

I ran a 7.90, with a 2.0 60-ft. Quite a bit of wheel spin. I could not foot brake it outta the Irwindale mud box, as the Sure-grip has lost its bite. Could not get enough heat in the tires is my thought, so it spun off the line all night. I just came in from pulling the rear axles earlier this evening, getting set to install the lightened spool with 4.30's. I'll be looking forward to my next night out at the track. And, hopefully, better video!!!

Send it down, I'll gasser it for you!!! Word got out that I liked the "early" style straight axle set-ups, and I've grown quite a collection. A couple Dodge's, and some Ford and early Chevy's are on the way. The new shop has quite a bit more room than the old one, enough to build a fixture table to handle straight axles.

I ran a 7.90, with a 2.0 60-ft. Quite a bit of wheel spin. I could not foot brake it outta the Irwindale mud box, as the Sure-grip has lost its bite. Could not get enough heat in the tires is my thought, so it spun off the line all night. I just came in from pulling the rear axles earlier this evening, getting set to install the lightened spool with 4.30's. I'll be looking forward to my next night out at the track. And, hopefully, better video!!!

Like I said, I'm still considering it. I didn't get a chance to look at your car at FallFling. Hopefulling if you are at springfling I can stop by and chat. I'd be interested in the motor mount arrangement. As you can see by the picture the car now sits pretty much at stock level. I would have to change the mono spring on the Calvert if I ran a straight axle. By the way, that's an interesting location for the cutoff switch.

64 Dart.jpg

YES! I've been eagerly awaiting a video of this car in action! so freakin sweet!!!
lets see some more video action! an in-car maybe? damn i love gassers. nothing looks tougher than that nose-up stance and pie-crust slicks and fenderwell headers. truly awesome.
someday i'll get mine there. there's lots of A100's in the boneyards around here. no shortage of axles hehehe.
keep em comin!
-Tim

Looks great! I love the look. Can you spin in the waterbox and then do a good line-lock burnout out of the water? Looks like you need to heat the tires good. The big smokey burnouts look impressive too. Great job! toolman

I'm looking at how to minimally plumb the front end for a line lock, to take care of it. For now, I"m going to try a trick, by backing out the rear drums, 'till they just scrape, then knock down the fronts. It 'll buy me some more time outta the box. Just installed the Beautiful Mark Williams lightened spool. Its a work of art, if you can call a third member that!! Hopefull I'll get it out tomorrow evening for a quick street romp....

Lookin good Farmer! Cant wait to have an East West shoot out maybe at the nats one year. As far as launching on those Rocks try going around the water box and dry spinning them a little (2 or 3 times around) I had a little more luck that way with a set I had. Or a little track stick through a washer bottle spray set up helps too (street racing trick) Spray the tires a little do a dry hop line up and take off, you shuld be looking at the top of the tree in no time.

Killer, what motor and trans are you running? Heck what's the combo as far gear and what size rear also?

Today, there was a break in the weather, and I was able to get out, and "test" the 4.30's with the spool. I've never driven a spool before, so many of you who have one already know what I'm about to say- - - - - boy does it wanna fight you around the corners!!! But, pinch it hard, and does it ever produce a barrel of laughs!!! Some told me I'd not notice a big dif between a 3.91 and a 4.30. Based upon the seat of my pants, I'd say there is a difference!! Hopefully, this Thursday will prove it... I"ll just pump up the rears before I make the drive over...

This car is wicked cool, great picture at Sema on the website. I have a '65 that I am doing. Only can dream about a straight axle though.

-
Back