AMC engine swap?

-
Haha... I never would have thought the mopar forum would be talking me out of dropping a small block mopar into the gremmy. I suppose if I do happen to acquire it, it will just depend a few different factors. If the engine turns, if I can find an affordable AMC engine, etc.

Haha... I never would have thought the mopar forum would be talking me out of dropping a small block mopar into the gremmy. I suppose if I do happen to acquire it, it will just depend a few different factors. If the engine turns, if I can find an affordable AMC engine, etc.

AMC is mopar's sibling after all and the dodge dealer is the one who sells the hard to get parts if you can still get them

The onwer of that car has two Gremmys now. (1) is a '71 with a transplanted 4.0L HO and OD trans in it. It's EFI, AC, has OD, and the jeep gage cluster and shifter in it. Very slick and rather peppy. His other one is a '74 that he pulled the 258 out of and stuck a 360 in. I did the body and paint and I can tell you it was hard to move that car on "roller" tires without spinning them. And that was 2bb bone stock. I think AMC quality is terrible in terms of body construction but it is a pocket rocket with a real engine in it.

You will also need to get a v8 motor cross member, the 6 is different. I am looking for a Gremlin as well. I picked up a 401 years ago and been looking ever since.

You will also need to get a v8 motor cross member, the 6 is different. I am looking for a Gremlin as well. I picked up a 401 years ago and been looking ever since.

Well, this one's for sale. I promised I'd help him move it one way or another. Maybe I should make an add here?

if you decide to do the AMC V8,I have a new set of Hedman headers for the small car/V8 set-up and a pair of engine mounts that let you bolt the V8 to the 6-cylinder crossmember. Also have a V8 crossmember with matching engine brackets if you prefer to go that way.Always use matched sets of distributor drive gears...

-
Back