Anybody put a LA Mopar in an AMC Gremlin?

-
Loss of interest. I have all the components to put a AMC V8 and Torque-Command/TF in it. I already puts discs and ball joints in it, and have been waiting for the right deal to come along on a fresh 360-401. I already have a built auto and AMX rear for it. Just too many other projects, and she doesn't care about car stuff, anymore.

Loss of interest. I have all the components to put a AMC V8 and Torque-Command/TF in it. I already puts discs and ball joints in it, and have been waiting for the right deal to come along on a fresh 360-401. I already have a built auto and AMX rear for it. Just too many other projects, and she does car about car stuff, anymore.

Wait, she does (or doesn't) care about car stuff anymore? If the latter, that's a bummer. Is it still driveable now?

Nope, and yup. Looking for a deal on a fresh AMC V8.

On which side of the block is the starter, on an AMC V8? I know that on a Mopar the starter is on the driver's side but on a Jeep V8 the starter is on the passenger's side. This makes a big difference when looking for exhaust manifolds.

treblig

On which side of the block is the starter, on an AMC V8? I know that on a Mopar the starter is on the driver's side but on a Jeep V8 the starter is on the passenger's side. This makes a big difference when looking for exhaust manifolds.

treblig

I'm pretty sure he is gong to need custom exhaust fabricated (or at least heavily modified). If he wants to be where I think,he wants to be, he's going to want full length headers and not manifolds

I'm pretty sure he is gong to need custom exhaust fabricated (or at least heavily modified). If he wants to be where I think,he wants to be, he's going to want full length headers and not manifolds

What I was asking was, "On which side of the engine is the starter located on an AMC V8"?? I was just wondering for reference since Mopar and Jeep are different.

treblig

So how much lighter will this be compared to what you have now?

Not to be insulting but, I have a pretty sweet 360, needing a home...... I might have to sacrifice the GearVendor tho; that looks like a mighty short wheelbase,lol
Nah just get one of those dragster coupler. You will be just fine:p

That short wb is saying Turbo'd Teener to me, with a ridiculously low rear gear; no GV required.Remote mounted,IMA thinking.Better make it two turbos;staged;a big N a little.Ok maybe big is a misnomer; I mean bigger than the little'un,lol
or a 273GT; Got Turbos?
OOps, that was funnier in my head.......:(

You need to fab up the headers a little, and fab up mounts, but an LA will go in, no big deal. The one I saw (friend built it) had cheapie headers and the goal was don't spend a dime.

AMC's usually have a pretty wide engine bay, when I was a teenager there were a couple of guys drag racing in Louisville with a 426 Hemi in a Gremlin so there must be a little room in there. I remember watching that thing carry a the front wheels almost the entire eighth mile, they would only touch the ground when they shifted gears.

IMG_0625.JPG
I'm putting a LA in and chevette
Just thought I would share

There's an AMC powered Gremlin in Youngstown Ohio that runs 8's on nitrous with a small tire.
It's a maroon color but I can't find any pics on the web right now.

The LA is dimensionally smaller than an AMC motor, it should be easy to install it.
I put a LA in the place of a 304 AMC years ago in a CJ-7, crazy fun.

-
Back