Anybody running 17" Cobra Bullit rims on a Duster

-
the 17s look good with taller rubber like that. 20s look kinda funky to me.

Time for a bump - had a guy I talked to about some parts and he was looking for some wheels for his son's Duster. He wanted something aftermarket so I told him maybe to consider the Bullit wheels. Told him about this site and that I would bump this topic for him.

Pricey, indeed, but a similar product from Vintage Wheel Works is about the same:
http://www.vintagewheelworks.com/products/wheels/v40/17x8

I've got a set of 16x8's for my 68 Fury and they're nice pieces. Could use a taller wheel for the Fury to help fill those wheel wells, but it was a pretty good deal on the 16's.

Some day I'll get the interior of Elvira done... have had the material sitting in the garage for about 5 years now...

Clair

hi Clair, I'm actually entertaining the idea of getting 18's, i'm still on the fence though, plus i still have quite a bit of stuff left to do before i'm ready for wheels. The hard stuff is done though! (wiring)

i dont forget if i ever added a pic of my car with the 17s
florida2010313.jpg

florida2010095.jpg

thanks i like them made a world of difference in the way the car drives. theyve been on 2 or 3 years i have yet to find a center cap that fits the front.

hi Clair, I'm actually entertaining the idea of getting 18's, i'm still on the fence though, plus i still have quite a bit of stuff left to do before i'm ready for wheels. The hard stuff is done though! (wiring)
The pros of the 18s are you have tierod end clearance and can run 9" wide on the front with 6.5" bs like mine. The cons are the tires are friggen expensive, but with the Z06 and the Shelby Mustangs going through tires like Carter uses heart pills is improving the availability and prices everyday.

you better start selling the gas cap adapter all over, maybe buy a bunch of caps at bulk price and sell it as a package. those would look good on your val.

What is the biggest tire you can rotate front to back without rubbing in the front? Is it a 245 45 17?

245/45-17 should fit fine F/R on a Duster, I've run that combo on my Valiant for years with no issues. BBP & cop rotors up front, 73-up K-member & LCA's, 65 B-body rear, 5.7" BS Mustang wheels. I have put a 275/40 on the same wheel and it looks like it would be fine F/R, a little close to the outer wheel well in back, but probably cake on a Duster.

Clair

Attachments

• 275-40-Straight-01.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,180
  • 275-40-Straight-02.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,155
Started fitting 17x8 my SVT Cobra R wheels today. Got wheel one fitted one wheel to go. The tie rod end is real close but clears fine. Next I have to swap out the wheel studs and get lug nuts. I'm undecided on the rear tire size. The rear wheels are 17x9 I need a wide enough tire but want a taller 26"ish tall tire. Any recommendations?

Started fitting 17x8 my SVT Cobra R wheels today. Got wheel one fitted one wheel to go. The tie rod end is real close but clears fine. Next I have to swap out the wheel studs and get lug nuts. I'm undecided on the rear tire size. The rear wheels are 17x9 I need a wide enough tire but want a taller 26"ish tall tire. Any recommendations?

Any pics?

here are mine, 17x10.5 with 315s from american muscle
largest backspace available still not enough
Andrew.

Attachments

• Photo494.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,036
A 275/35/18 is way doable. These are 18x9s with 6.5" bs and plain ole 73+ 11.75 discs. A 1/4" spacer would work if needed but I plan to add 14" Mr Diff brakes and I believe they move you out 1/4" anyway so its cool.

Attachments

• 095.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 974
  • 096.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 981
-
Back