Anyone ever heard or seen this Dodge Concept Car?

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
I was surfing the web and came across this car for sale. I have never seen one of these.
Here is the link to the site that this vehicle is listed for sale on:
http://www.fossilcars.com/cgi-bin/c...sults_format=long&db_id=44047&query=retrieval

autos.44047.1.jpg

An old Motortrend Magazine article says the sidevent bezels are in fact '64-1/2 Mustang tail light bezels, the tailgate, front hatch window, and rear window are from a '60 Ford (front hatch window is the lift-up rear window from a station wagon, rear window from a sedan) and the tail lights are sequential units from a Thunderbird.
Based on a Dodge A100 van but built by the Alexander Bros. (Mike and Larry) of Detroit, the Deora was designed by Harry Bentley Bradley, a former GM designer. Bradley actually was quoted at one point saying, "Surprisingly, Chrysler never seemed to understand we used Ford parts to build this car."
I still feel the Deora is a beautiful vehicle even 40+ years after the initial design.

Here's where the old man comes in handy. Sanctioned by Chrysler, sponsored in part by AMT, built by the Alexander Brothers custom shop from a brand new A100 pickup. Yes, AMT issued a kit at the time, and it was reissued just a few years ago. A bit of trivia- the swing up windshield, which is also the door to get in, is actually a rear window from a late 50's Ford wagon.:clock:

I've always loved the Deora.... In my opinion, one of THE sweeeeeetest concepts ever built.

Ford parts included.
:toothy10:

I have the model of it and the hotwheels...here's some more pic's and two of my other favorites the daroo and darooII daroo II is the red one

1967_Dodge_Truck_Deora_Concept_color_02.jpg

1967_Dodge_Truck_Deora_Concept_color_09.jpg

1970_Dodge_Daroo-II_1969_Daroo-I.jpg

1968_Dodge_Daroo-II_04.jpg

concept cars.jpg

concept cars 1.jpg

diamante01t.jpg

duster02.jpg

amx2-01.jpg

amx2_american_motors_01.jpg

They should bring back some of these cars, since they are stealing all the old models anyhow. At least that way it would be "perceived" as something new (Even though it's not)

-
Back